Chapter 8: A Day in the Town

Wolf [On HOLD]

51bca1b26da82b7840f1bc0bbd123ea0.jpg

A week or so had gone by without Kyungsoo going back into the forest. He felt bad about it many times, hoping Jongin wasn’t too worried about him, but he felt that he needed to stay home with his parents before they got suspicious. Xiumin had returned home, acting a little strangely, but otherwise they were able to talk and catch up on each other’s life.

 

One morning, Kyungsoo sat in the dining room, drinking some juice and reading his book. His mother was dusting the shelves of spices and his father sat next to him at the table, drinking his fresh ground coffee. Xiumin had left to see his other friends. There was no noise being made inside the house- all that could be heard were the trees rustling in the wind and the people busy outside. The silence was broken by a soft knock at the front door. “I’ll get it,” Kyungsoo’s mother made her way towards the living room.

 

A few moments later, Kyungsoo was called to the front door. He set his book down and put his glass in the sink. “Yes, eomma? Who is it?” He froze when he saw the tall figure standing next to his mom in the doorway. “Hey Kyungsoo,” the boy smiled to the shorter. Kyungsoo’s mother cooed at the handsome boy in front of her, “Ah Kyungsoo, why didn’t you tell me you had such a handsome new friend~” Kyungsoo’s face grew red, “E-eomma!” He whined and put his head down, blushing, and quickly grabbed Jongin, along with his red hood and basket, rushing out of the door. “Come back by dinner time~” his mom called to them.

 

Jongin wore a gray jacket, with the hood pulled over his head to cover his ears. He had black torn jeans and Kyungsoo guessed he had wrapped his tail around his waist as a belt to hide it. As soon as they were out in the town, Jongin stopped and pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug. “What have you been doing? It’s been so long…” Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around the taller’s waist. “Why did you come to the town? It’s dangerous.” Kyungsoo had a concerned tone in his voice. Jongin pulled back to look at his face, a pout on his lips. “I wanted to see you. You haven’t come back in a few days.” Kyungsoo cupped Jongin’s face, “I didn’t want my parents to get suspicious. I don’t usually go to the forest this often. They would start to think something is going on.” “Doesn’t seem like your mom has much of a problem with me,” he smiled smugly. Kyungsoo blushed again, “W-well..t-that’s-!” Jongin laughed at the reaction before leaning in to kiss the smaller softly on the lips. Kyungsoo melted into the warmth Jongin was radiating. They cut the kiss short, as they were in public now and other’s may start staring.

 

“You’re lucky I needed to do errands today,” Kyungsoo pouted. Jongin smiled, and if he could, Kyungsoo knew his tail would be wagging happily, “Let’s go then.” Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand, “Where to first?”

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤

 

The two walked around the village, hand-in-hand. First, they visited the bakery, where Kyungsoo bought a loaf of bread, pastries, and small biscuits for his family. He greeted the friendly baker, Minho, before leaving to go to the Farmer’s Market.

 

“Have you ever been out into the village before?” Kyungsoo asked, looking over the different peppers, deciding which ones are good. “No, we aren’t allowed to go that far from the pack, unless we go together. Tao-ssi does, though. When he goes hunting, he’ll come out here to pick up extra ingredients.” Kyungsoo hummed, indicating that he was paying attention. He picked a few tomatoes and dropped them into his basket. Still, looking at his list of groceries, Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s hand, leading him to where they were going to next.

 

“What’s that smell?” Jongin suddenly asked, sniffing the air. Kyungsoo looked up at him, confused. His eyes widened when he saw one of Jongin’s ears protruding from under his hood. Panicking, he grabbed the boy’s neck, pulling him down to his level and burying his face into his chest, covering his head. “Be careful! Your ears are showing.” He yelled in a whisper. Jongin giggled embarrassingly before pulling his hood over his exposed ear. “Sorry…”

Kyungsoo let out a relieved sigh. “What are you smelling?” He asked. The taller pointed to the distance, where a tent stood, smoke rising from the back where food was being made. Jongin’s eyes sparkled, “Chicken…” He started walking towards the tent, in a daze. “Yah!” Kyungsoo called. He grabbed Jongin’s hand, pulling him back harshly. Jongin looked down at him with big puppy eyes, pleading. Kyungsoo gave him a stern look, “I need to finish buying some things.” He pointed a finger in the taller’s face. “If you be a good boy until I’m done, then we can go get some. Okay?” Jongin nodded obediently. Kyungsoo walked towards the next table, and Jongin happily followed, surprising the smaller when he threw his arms over the back of Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤

 

It didn’t take Kyungsoo long to gather all of the things he needed, before they were walking towards the Pojangmacha. Jongin followed behind Kyungsoo, his hands holding onto the smaller’s shoulders to keep from darting for the food. Once they stopped in front of the tent, Kyungsoo placed a soft hand over his and turned to look up at the wolf boy, “What do you want to eat?” Jongin’s face lit up, and Kyungsoo giggled at how cute he looked. Like a little boy at an ice cream shop. Jongin pointed at one of the foods, “Dakkochi! And cup chicken?” He asked, looking into Kyungsoo’s eyes, hopefully. The smaller smiled and pulled some money out of his pocket, handing it to the man in the tent. “ Two chicken skewers and a small cup of chicken, please.” “That’ll be 4,500.37 won, sir.” The man in the tent smiled kindly before turning to prepare the food. Jongin bounced excitedly and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s back, nuzzling into his neck, “Thank you~” He tightened his arms around Kyungsoo and the smaller leaned back against Jongin’s tall figure.

 

The man handed them their food in a small bag, “Thank you,” Kyungsoo squinted at his name tag, “Jinki.” Kyungsoo smiled and they walked away, Jinki waving at the couple. The two walked to a small eating area nearby, with small tables for people to eat. Sitting, Kyungsoo opened the bag and pulled one of the chicken skewers out. “Here,” he smiled to a patient Jongin, who sat across from him. The puppy boy happily took the skewers and when he took the first bite, his eyes widened. “Oh my god….this is amazing!!!” He jumped in his seat. Kyungsoo took a bite of his skewer and hummed in delight, “It is,” he looked up at Jongin, “I want to share the cup of chicken, ok?” The boy hummed in agreement, his mouth full from all the chicken.

 

Jongin finished his chicken skewer quite fast, and was satisfied with the snack. He quietly watched Kyungsoo, who took his time eating. He tried not to make a mess of himself, but the sauce could get sticky. Jongin scanned the smaller’s face, admiring his doe-like eyes and his plump lips. He had a spot of sauce next to his lips. “Oh, you got some sauce..” Jongin motioned to a spot beside his mouth. Kyungsoo slightly blushed and was about to wipe it with the back of his hand, but Jongin stopped him. Jongin leaned across the table now, holding onto Kyungsoo’s wrist. “No. That’s dirty. Here…” He leaned in to Kyungsoo’s face, the other’s eyes wide and his face heating up. Jongin joined their lips, the sauce from the smaller’s mouth. “There,” he smirked, sitting back in his seat. Kyungsoo was frozen in place, his face as red as the tomatoes he’d bought. “I-I-” he hid his face, blushing like crazy. Jongin let out a small laugh before reaching over again to pat Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

Once Kyungsoo managed to finish his chicken, this time being very careful not to get any on his face, he pulled the cup out of the bag. He broke a pair of chopsticks and picked up one of the pieces of chicken. He could feel Jongin’s eyes on him as he put the piece in his mouth and chewed it. He closed his eyes when the delicious sweet and spicy taste hit his tongue. He could hear Jongin making small puppy-like sounds under his breath while he waited for Kyungsoo to finish the piece. When his eyes opened again, Jongin was staring at him. Kyungsoo teasingly picked up another piece and acted like he was about to eat it, watching the other’s reaction. He chuckled when he saw Jongin’s eyes following the piece of chicken.

 

“Want to try some?” Kyungsoo snapped Jongin out of his daze as he lifted the chicken towards the boy’s mouth. The wolf boy eagerly took the piece of meat from the chopsticks and hummed happily as he chewed. His eyes still sparkled as he enjoyed the treat. “This chicken is so good, Kyungsoo! I wish I could’ve come here sooner!!” Kyungsoo smiled, “I can learn to make it for you. Or you can try to come out with me more often. With the pack’s permission, of course.” At this Jongin’s face lit up. “Really??? You can make this?! I’d love that!” Jongin took another bite of the chicken, at it's deliciousness.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤

 

After their meal, the two boys went on their way back to Kyungsoo’s home, hand in hand, sharing jokes and little bits about themselves. “Your mom seems... nice.” Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin, cheeks turning pink. “Please don't- My mom is always like that, so don't think too much of it.” Jongin smirked and whispered into the shorter's ear, “So you don't think I'm handsome?” Kyungsoo blushed, stopping in his tracks. “I never said you aren't handsome…” he muttered. Jongin’s glomped his older mate. His ears had made their way out from under his hood and now stood perked up on his head. “I love you Kyungsoo!” his tail wagged as he kissed Kyungsoo's cheek. “You’re lucky that I live far from the village; if someone saw you they would've freaked from your ears.” Kyungsoo rubbed behind his boyfriend’s ears, enjoying how his tail wagged as he leaned into his touch. Soon the two reached a small cottage. Kyungsoo looked down, “Well, I guess this is goodbye.”

“When will I see you again?” Kyungsoo turned to face Jongin but was unable to hold his gaze for long. “To be honest... I don't know. Usually I enter the woods every other week. My parents will start wondering why I've been in the woods for so long. Plus, I'm worried about how they'd react if they found out you're a wolf.” He held tightly onto Jongin's sleeves, burying his face into his chest, “I don't want my parents to hurt you. I don't want them to reject us. I... love you Jongin.” Kyungsoo’s cheeks burned red as he said those powerful words. Jongin wrapped his arms comfortingly around the smaller, “They won’t find out. Not yet. One of these days...we will show ourselves to the humans. Some of us already walk among them and they don’t even know.” He tucked Kyungsoo’s head under his chin. “Our relationship and others are bringing our kind one step closer to being able to walk with humans. Kris-hyung hates the idea...many wolves do. But, some are ok with the humans, like Tao-ssi.” Jongin smiled. He pulled back and looked Kyungsoo deep in the eyes, “Don’t think about it, ‘kay? Come visit the forest soon, I’m sure Tao-ssi would be happy to see you as well. He’s such a mom~” He giggled. Kyungsoo nodded, “I’ll try to come back as soon as I can. Promise.” They hugged once more and Jongin pecked the smaller on the lips, before he pulled his hood back over his ears and knocked softly on the door.

 

Barely a few seconds had passed when Kyungsoo’s mother opened the door. She smiled at the two, “Welcome back, Kyungsoo, how was your day~?” Kyungsoo turned to Jongin once more and smiled before walking into the house, avoiding his mom. She looked back to Jongin, “Would you like to stay for dinner?” Jongin bowed shaking his head, “No thank you, Mrs. Do, I should be getting back home now. Thank you for letting me spend time with your son today, I hope you allow me to do so again, sometime in the future.” “Oh, no need to be so formal! Call me eomma~ And of course you can take Kyungsoo out whenever you want! Thank you for spending time with him...Jongin was it?” The boy nodded and bowed once again before bidding Kyungsoo’s mother goodbye and returning to the forest.

 

His mother walked into the room, a big grin on her face, “So Kyungsoo...is he just a friend?” She sat next to him on the couch. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, slightly blushing, “Uh...kinda.” he rubbed the back of his neck, looking away. His mother squealed, “Ah! Has my Kyunggie finally found his prince? I'm so happy!” she pinched his cheeks. “Eommaaaa!!! Stop!” he whined, his face as red as his hood. “You grow up so fast!” she cried. Then, taking Kyungsoo’s basket of groceries, she skipped out of the room. Kyungsoo’s father, who had been sitting quietly, reading a paper, looked sternly at Kyungsoo. “Can you trust this boy? Can he take care of you?” Kyungsoo stared at his father, surprised and a little embarrassed that he had heard the conversation. “O-of course, Appa… He treats me well and...he always stays close to me, and...he’s so sweet…” He trailed off, his face burning red. His father still didn’t seem convinced, but he let it go anyway, “Just...don’t get hurt. We don’t want your mother getting worried.” And with that, he continued with reading his paper.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤

 

Jongin smiled to himself as he ran through the forest. He hadn’t seen Kyungsoo in what felt like forever, and it felt refreshing to see his smile again. Once he arrived at the tents, he snuck passed Kris’ tent, in hopes of not being heard. Suddenly, Jongin felt a hand grab his shoulder, but he could already tell from feet away who it was. “Welcome back, brother! How was your day?” Jongin greeted the younger back with a high five, “Wonderful! You didn’t tell Kris-hyung, right? He didn’t ask for me?” Sehun shook his head, “When would I ever give away one of your secrets?” Jongin smiled at him. “What have you been doing?” “Oh! Come this way!” Sehun grabbed his arm, leading him to one of the tents in the territory. “Don’t let Kris-hyung know about this.”

 

When they stepped into the tent, two heads turned towards them. Sehun sat Jongin down next to him on the ground, in a circle with some of the other pack members, Chanyeol and Chen. “What’s this about?” Jongin tilted his head in confusion, glancing at the other two males. Chanyeol, the silver haired alpha, gestured for him to scoot closer, so that his booming voice couldn’t be heard by anyone but themselves. “All four of us have found a mate…” He paused, waiting for Jongin’s reaction. Jongin raised an eyebrow, and Chanyeol continued, “That’s a human.” At this Jongin’s eyes grew wide. “What? I-I mean I knew Sehun...but you and Chen, too?” Sehun placed a hand over Jongin’s mouth, “Shh, keep it down. No one else knows. Not even Tao-hyung.”

“I’m hoping they will soon enough. I plan to bring Baek here sometime.” Chanyeol spoke up. Chen nodded beside him, “I just met mine..He’s a stubborn one~ but I’m keeping quiet about him for now.”

Jongin smiled, “This is awesome. I’m not the only one!”

“Actually, I met Baek before you brought Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “We’ve been seeing each other for quite some time now.” Jongin’s ears perked up, “Wow. I’d love to meet him, then! Is he cute?” he giggled. “Of course!” Chanyeol laughed loudly. Then, Sehun finally spoke again, “Suho is a dork. He’s always baking good treats, though!! I can’t wait to bring him here, so he can make us some cake!” Sehun smiled at the thought of his mate. “Kyungsoo took me to eat chicken!!! It was the best chicken I’ve ever tasted!” Jongin jumped in his spot.

 

Finally, all attention landed on Chen, who had just met his mate. “What’s your mate like?” Jongin asked. Chen grinned, “He’s so cute~ The day I saw him come through the forest, he started chasing a butterfly. So silly~ That’s when I met him.”


Lots was discussed about their mates, including the plans they were to make, to bring their beloveds to the territory to meet the pack.

 

A/N: Ayyy early update cuz I couldn't help myself today and wrote a bunch. I hope this was fluffy enough >< Sorry it's kinda short, but I still have a bunch of ideas and stuff, and I'll try to start writing as soon as I can~❤️❤-Avonelle_Exo-L

P.s. This is the reference for Jongin's appearance ^^ fG-VeroeFfmA_tbjOiLDejItqidLPJPYoiqKbPhW0GYgb_QaI_F1i9G7k76atgwHOMeLx5c5WDwC3MnaLNCqm4dt5TDIML7CveZteCIxz9-iG2aOLVwLrwWD7ysrJ3ueftZqTvFP