Chapter 10: Mating Season???

Wolf [On HOLD]

 

Hey guys BTSArmySquad here, sorry it took literally a year to upload. I forgot, and we really didn't have time for it. To make it up to you guys here's chapter 10. I really hope you enjoy because Avonelle worked really hard on this chpater. Thank you for your support!!! <3

 

 

 

Kyungsoo awoke to shuffling and murmuring outside the tent. He shimmied his way out his boyfriend’s grip, and stepped outside. Everyone everywhere was so busy, you would’ve thought a festival came into town. A sharp cold breeze hit the area causing the small boy to shiver in the frozen camp. He cupped his hands to his mouth hoping to warm his now freezing fingers. Out of the corner of his eye Sehun, at least he hoped was Sehun, was running off with some large boxes. Out of curiosity, Kyungsoo decided to follow him.

Jongin woke up to find himself alone in his hammock. His petite boyfriend nowhere to be found. As he ran his fingers through his hair, Jongin left the comforts of his hammock to find himself surrounded by the pack getting ready for the mating festival.

He thought, I need to find Kyungsoo and tell him before it's too late.

Kyungsoo wandered the premises of the wolves' territory, helping out when it was needed. He had just stepped out of the kitchen tent, when two arms pulled him from behind. "I need to talk with you in private," Jongin whispeted in his ear before pulling him towards their tent.

Jongin sat with Kyungsoo on the couch, a nervous look on his face.

"What's wrong, Jongin?" Kyungsoo placed a hand on his shoulder.

Jongin was blushing.

"Well... I -I wanted to let you know that spring's coming soon."

There was a short pause, and then Kyungsoo started laughing, "Yes Nini, I know it's going to be spring."

Jongin gently grabbed Kyungsoo's hand, making the other stop laughing,

"No, Kyungsoo. It's, uh... m- mating season."

"Oh.”

"I- I just wanted to let you know. W- we can talk about it, if you're not ready, it's ok."

Kyungsoo just sat there, quietly searching Jongin's eyes. He blushed and looked down, "This must be important to you Nini, but I don't know anything. What's going to happen?"

Jongin straightened himself and took a deep breath. "W-well, once we... mate, you'll be offically mine. We'll be bonded for life."

Kyungsoo placed a hand on Jongin's cheek, "I'm okay with that, but... is anything else going to change?"

Jongin averted his gaze, "... You have to live with the pack. T-think of it as marriage. I want to protect you, and once you're claimed,you'll be part of the family. And the pack has tostayas one-- it's too dangerous to live scattered.

When Jongin looked back up to see the boy's reaction, Kyungsoo had a sad look on his face.

"T-this is why I've been worried..." Jongin's ears drooped and he looked down at his hands.

 

"Will I ever get to see my family again?" Kyungsoo's small voice broke through the silence. Jongin perked up quickly, "Of course! Whenever you wnat, I will bring you to see your family. We just can't live apart, the pack has to stay close."

Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief, which released some of the tense atmosphere.

"I-I can do that. I'm old enough to move out anyway, but what do I say to them? We have to act like it's marriage, and you have to ask my family for my hand."

Jongin looked Kyungsoo in the eyes.

"If it means that I get to be with you, of course I'll do it."

Kyungsoo suddenly gasped startling Jongin.

“What if they want to see where you live?! They’ll definitely think something’s wrong..what am I going to do?” Kyungsoo paced, deep in thought.

Suddenly, he turned to Jongin with a serious look on his face. Jongin’s ears flattened, almost intimidated.

“W-what?”

“I have to tell them, Jongin. I won’t let them come here, but… I have to tell them.”

 

Kyungsoo stood up quickly, but Jongin grabbed his wrist, “I-I have one more thing to tell you!!”

The boy sat back down. Jongin blushed again, and he was too embarrassed to look Kyungsoo in the eye.

“What’s wrong?”

“After we mate… we might become parents.”

 

It took Kyungsoo a moment to comprehend what he had said. When it clicked, his already round eyes widened impossibly to twice their size, and his hands came up to his mouth in shock.

“WHAT!?”

“I-if you’re not ready for it, I-I understand! I know this is a lot of information to take in at once, I’m so sorry…”

Jongin looked like a kicked puppy and Kyungsoo felt partly responsible. He was so surprised at everything he just learned, but he felt as if he might be ready. Ready to be claimed as Jongin’s, ready to spend his life with Jongin, ready to possibly start a family with Jongin. It almost seemed like the perfect life.

Kyungsoo took Jongin by surprise when he suddenly hugged him. Kyungsoo hated seeing Jongin look sad, and he was part of the reason that Jongin probably was.

“So?”

“I’ll do it.”

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

On the way home, all Kyungsoo could think about was how happy Jongin looked. He smiled to himself, until he caught sight of his home. His stomach filled with butterflies as he opened the front door.

His mother greeted him at the door, asking about him and his day--the usual stuff.

“Where’s dad?”

“He went to the market to pick up some tools and other things. He’ll be back soon.”

“Mom..I have to tell you something. Let’s sit down. Just hear me out, okay?”

“Of course. What’s wrong?”

“You remember Jongin, right?”

“How could I forget? Did something happen?”

“I really, really like him...there’s something I need to tell you about him, though.”

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and held his mother’s hand.

“Mom, you know those strange creatures you hear about? The wolf ones?”

She nodded.

“...Jongin is one of those.”

Her eyes widened and she covered in shock.

“I-I know this is a surprise- but please don’t freak out. You’ve met Jongin, you know he’s harmless!”

“B-but he’s a beast! A monster! W-what if there are others out there!”

“He’s not a monster, Mom, I promise! There are others, but they’ve done nothing but treat me like family!”

His mother didn’t seem to be listening, because she was blabbering to herself, “My baby was taken by those beasts, they want to eat him-”

“Mom, no! They mean no harm!” He was shaking her now.

 

Then, his father entered, confused when he heard the loud voices.

“What’s going on here?” The room went quiet.

“Dad I-”

“Our baby could’ve been eaten by those monsters!” His mother shouted.

Kyungsoo’s father stood, confused.

“Kyungsoo, explain.”

“D-dad, Jongin is a werewolf.”

Then, Mom began to yell again, and so was his father, as he walked to his room and got his bb gun. Kyungsoo ran to the front door and guarded it from his father.

“Kyungsoo, move. I’m going to kill those beasts.”

“Dad, no! Are none of you listening to me!? They’re harmless!”

“That’s what you may think, but they’re evil, and they’ll kill you. Now, move!”

 

The ruckus continued-- yelling and grabbing. Kyungsoo’s mom was obnoxiously breaking down and his father wouldn’t stop trying to push him out of the way from the door.

 

Finally, Kyungsoo spotted a large umbrella in the bin beside him. He picked it up and swung, whacking the bb gun from his dad’s hands and throwing it across the room. He was angry now.

“I can’t believe you two! I thought you’d understand-- I thought you’d care more about your son’s feelings than your own! YOU have never met these creatures! You know nothing!”

Kyungsoo was fuming, and his parents stood in shock, frozen. He ran to his room, grabbed a big bag, and started filling it with his belongings. Once it was full, he came back to the living room where his parents still stood.

“I...I love Jongin. And his family has done nothing but treating me as one of their own. And if you can’t accept him for what he is...then I can’t come back.”

With that, Kyungsoo left, slamming the door behind him.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

Kyungsoo could barely control his emotions as he sped towards Suho’s cottage. Upon entering, Suho could immediately tell that something was wrong.

“What’s wrong Kyungsoo? Why do you have that bag?”

Kyungsoo was out of breath and barely holding in his sobs, “We can talk about it later, Suho. Right now you need to listen to me. If my parents come, don’t tell them where the pack is. Send someone to get me, but please--they can’t know. I have to go now.”

Before Suho could respond, Kyungsoo was gone, this time running through the dark forest, unsure of where he was going, but hoping that he somehow found his way to the pack.

 

His eyes were filled with tears now, and he couldn’t think straight. He just ran, until something caught him. The familiar warmth; he felt like he couldn’t need it more now than ever. He just sobbed, letting all of his emotions out. The gentle hand on his head and the quiet shushing made him feel safe.

Once his mind had somewhat cleared, he reached around the broad chest and soaked up the warmth from the other. The darkness enveloped them both, but Jongin was his light. He cried until he was too exhausted to cry anymore, so he fell asleep in those arms that would protect him, love him, and hold him forever.