Chapter 13: Preparations

Wolf [On HOLD]

 

QdnH6mlhPxSBOD_IaofO2WzbKumrTKJucBMdBm8RM3h9khfSf3zO0WeJ8gRejPEnzuGDtUNIwGZkWXu60jAcqFUXu5Q1tDixitGzymoJh-gaBQ3_Ywh31TYbvf4208k8HcmFHEsK

The two men lay together on the hammock, sunshine peeking in through the top of the tent. Jongin’s ears were perked up, his pupils dilated, and he stared at Kyungsoo hungrily.

 

“Are you okay Jongin, is something wrong?” Kyungsoo looked up into his eyes, he could tell something was different about Jongin. His tail twitched ever so slightly when he looked Kyungsoo up and down.

 

“I’m fine. Let's go meet up with the others. I’m gonna go freshen up,” Jongin stood and adjusted himself, before heading to the bath to freshen up. Kyungsoo followed suit,  thoroughly rinsing himself off. Once he stepped out of their tent, he noticed Yixing walking up to him with a small basket in his arms.

 

“Good morning, Kyungsoo,” he exclaimed. “Have any plans today with Jongin?” He raised his eyebrow teasingly at the younger.

 

“What do you mean? We were just going to visit the marketplace and maybe go look for medical herbs for you. Why?” Yixing chuckled and patted the younger on the shoulder.

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo. Come to my tent with me--I have something to show you.” Kyungsoo gave him a confused look but complied. When they were inside the tent, the bunny rummaged through his basket and took out a small flower. “This is called Echinacea. It’s an aphrodisiac.”

“Wait, an aphrodisiac? What are you talking about?”

Yixing chuckled, his dimple appearing. “Kyungsoo, today is the day of mating. Have you forgotten?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened when he remembered. He had been so caught up in other things, he had forgotten it was still mating season. “I...I completely forgot about that. Is that why Jongin was acting strange?”

Yixing sat in thought for a moment. “Yes, he’s going to act quite strangely today. It’s going to be a full moon tonight.” Kyungsoo listened. “I understand you might be nervous about this.” Kyungsoo nodded. Yixing smiled gently and placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s knee. “That’s perfectly normal. At this period of time, an Omega would be going into heat, making the process easier. But, don’t worry--I have some remedies to help.”

 

Yixing suddenly stands up and disappears behind a curtain. A few minutes later, an aromatic smell spread throughout the tent. Yixing came back with a steaming cup of tea and handed it to Kyungsoo. The boy stared at it questioningly. “It’s Echinacea and ginseng tea. Echinacea produces hormones that will help you tonight, and ginseng will give you energy. I promise it works.” Kyungsoo eyed it suspiciously before hesitantly taking a sip. A calm feeling came over him and he finished the cup. Yixing took the cup and set it beside him. “It won’t have a drastic effect right now. By tonight, it will have spread throughout your system, and when Jongin’s pheromones react with yours, you will feel it.” Yixing winked at the shorter.

“Thank you, Yixing.” Kyungsoo smiled and bowed to the other.

“I’m glad I could help. Now, I wouldn’t want to keep you away from Jongin too long today. He will be quite protective of you.”

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

As he was walking back from Yixing’s tent, Kyungsoo could see a group of alphas surrounding a small omega boy in an opening a few meters away from the territory. He was obviously uncomfortable but he was trapped with nowhere to escape.

 

“Excuse me,” he said raising his voice for the group to hear him. “I think he wants nothing to do with you guys. Why don’t you leave him alone?” A snicker could be heard from the leader of the group. He walked up to Kyungsoo, his red velvet tux making him seem taller and more intimidating than he already was.

 

“Oh, and who are you to tell me what to do?” The man asked as a gloved covered hand caressed Kyungsoo’s cheek. The coolness from the leather glove sent a shiver down his spine. Before Kyungsoo could open his mouth, another hand came and grabbed his .

 

“Or would you like to take his place?” The man sneered as he looked hungrily at Kyungsoo, the grip on his becoming tighter. Kyungsoo looked towards the omega, hinting at him to run, and he did just that.

 

“You’re going to regret that.” Kyungsoo glared at the well-dressed man.

 

“Why would you say that kitten?” From the small smirk, Kyungsoo could feel the lust and darkness radiating off him. He grabbed the hand that was on his , smiling up at the man with feign innocence, as he turned around twisting the man’s arm and tossing him over his shoulder.

 

“That’s why,” Kyungsoo spat. “And I’m not your kitten.” He dusted off his hands and started to walk off when he felt a deadly grip on his shoulder.

 

“Now you have caught my attention, kitten. You don’t mind you baring your claws, huh?” The man forced Kyungsoo on his knees with one hand. He could feel the nails from the man pierce into his shoulder. A burning sensation filled his entire body, not once had he ever felt such pain, not even from judo classes. Kyungsoo bit his lip to prevent the screams from coming out--he didn’t want to show the man he was weak.

 

“Now kitten, beg for forgiveness. Bow down to your master.” A gut-churning cackle could be heard from the man. Tears and darkness started to blur Kyungsoo’s vision as a dark shadow whipped past him attacking the wolf. The hand on his shoulder was removed, and Kyungsoo turned around to see the golden eyed wolf attack the alpha. Blood and snarls were all that Kyungsoo could remember before he passed out from the pain.


 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


 

A soft aroma filled the air, the vanilla scent wafted into Kyungsoo’s nose causing him to wake up. As he sat up, Kyungsoo saw a worried Jongin pacing back and forth across the room.

 

“Hey, Nini,” Kyungsoo said shakily. Jongin turned to see his boyfriend finally awake and rushed towards him. “Kyungsoo!” Jongin sat beside Kyungsoo and held his face, looking him up and down. “Are you ok? Are you still in pain?” He fretted, inspecting Kyungsoo for any other injuries. Kyungsoo chuckled breathily, placing his hands over Jongin’s, “I’m ok. My shoulder stings a little, but I’m fine.” Jongin sighed in relief and hugged the smaller.


 

“Yixing wrapped the wound with some herbs. They should reduce the pain.”

Kyungsoo nodded. He recalled back to the event. “Who was he?”

 

Jongin’s eyes flickered in anger thinking about it. “He’s from a rival tribe. I have no idea what he was doing so close to our territory. That omega wandered too far from the bounds.” Jongin’s bared his teeth, “He must have been searching for a mate. He’s disgusting.”

“What happened after I out?”

“I beat him to a pulp. Sehun helped me fight off the rest of them since he’s one of the only ones that isn’t going crazy about the mating ceremony.”

Kyungsoo hugged Jongin, wincing at the pain in his shoulder. “I’m sorry for acting carelessly,” Jongin the smaller’s head.

“Don’t be sorry--you have some real guts to go against an Alpha,” they laughed, “I’m sorry for not coming sooner.”

“I love you, Nini.”

“I love you too, Soo.”

 

They sat in comfortable silence for a while.

“Where were you this morning? I had been looking all over for you. Everyone else’s scent is strong today, I could barely find yours.”

“Oh, I was talking with Yixing. He was showing me some new herbs.” Kyungsoo was too embarrassed to talk about the tea he drank.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

As the day continued, Jongin became more and more protective and intimate over Kyungsoo, touching him whenever possible; and when Kyungsoo talked to others, Jongin was attached to his side, an arm wrapped around him.

 

Night began to fall, and the glow of the moon rose to the middle of the sky. Jongin tossed and turned in the sheets. The glow of the full moon hit his eyelids. His eyes shot open, gold glowing in the darkness, He turned to see his boyfriend, his fair skin glowing in the moonlight.

 

“Soo,” a low growl erupted from his throat, his night pants becoming tighter as he heard a soft whine come from the smaller boy. He crept up to him slowly and caressed his cheek.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah.” He spoke louder hoping to hear the sweet voice of his older mate. Kyungsoo mumbled as his eyes fluttered open.

 

“Yes Jongin, what is it?” Jongin’s ears perked up when he saw Kyungsoo was awake. He burrowed his face into his neck, content with his scent. Jongin began to softly grind against Kyungsoo as the wave of his rut kicked in. Then he paused.

 

“Kyungsoo, are you okay?” he panted.

 

Kyungsoo sat up and tilted his head in confusion. “What do you mean? Is something wrong?”

 

Jongin sat up. “Something is off. You're giving off a strange scent.” Kyungsoo froze. After a moment, he hesitantly explained to Jongin about the talk he had with Yixing, and how he gave him tea so he would be able to loosen up.

 

I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, Nini. I just wanted to make this easier, since it’s my first time.” He looked down in embarrassment. Jongin pressed his lips against Kyungsoo’s forehead to comfort the small boy.

 

Don’t be so worried, Soo. I’ll take good care of you.” Jongin nuzzled and kissed Kyungsoo’s neck as he said this. “But we still have to do something about this.” Kyungsoo blushed when he looked down to see what Jongin was talking about.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gaaahhhhh I'm so sorry!! It's Avonelle ^^; I'm so so so sorry about the wait and I'm sorry about this chapter. I was hoping to have this chapter finished a long time ago and it never happened ㅠㅠ we both got really busy and I actually just came back from a trip to Korea! It was amazing but I'm exhasuted and still trying to restore my energy. I hope you all have been well! I wanted to post this much to give you guys at least SOMETHING. It's short but I hope you enjoy it and I promise we'll try to get the next chapter out soon. ❤️