Chapter 2: Telling the Leaders

Wolf [On HOLD]

 

tumblr_static_large__1_.png

Jongin came to a clearing in the woods where a circle of tents lay and lights hung from the trees. Each of his pack members lived in one of the tents- this is the area his pack had claimed as their territory. Here he could turn into his hybrid form. He walked to Sehun’s tent, who was eating figs and berries when he saw Jongin enter, "Hey Jongin! What's up?" If it were any other being, Jongin would've snapped at the informality, but this was Sehun, his best friend since they were pups. "Sehun, I have something important to tell you." Jongin sighed, and looked at his friend who’s ears perked up, listening fully. “What is it?” Jongin sat next to Sehun, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. “I was wandering the forest again today, and…” he trailed off.

There was a long silence, then Sehun’s eyes widened, “It happened didn't it?" Jongin nodded. His tail slowly swayed between his legs and he looked down at his feet in embarrassment. That boy, he had seen him more than once. When Jongin first laid eyes on him, his heart skipped, and he wasn’t sure, but he could just feel it-this boy was his mate. He waited everyday until the boy came back, running through the forest to his grandfather’s house. Today in the forest, though, Jongin finally got close to him, the feeling was still there, stronger than ever- and Jongin knew. But, it was unheard of for a wolf to have a human mate. He didn't know how to explain it to his best friend.  

“Jongin, you alright?” Sehun had a worried expression on his hard features. Jongin looked up and explained the whole situation, Sehun nodding and accepting everything his friend had said. “So what you're saying is, you found your mate...but he's a human. And you're worried about Kris getting upset.” Jongin nodded. “Well stop moping and let's celebrate that our Alpha has finally found his mate!” Sehun dragged Jongin to their elder’s tent. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

“Hello Jongin, and Sehun. What brings you here?” Their elder’s mate Tao looks up from where he is sitting with Kris. Kris is the leader and eldest of the pack, but younger than all the Elders from other packs. Kris stands up and greets his guests as they walk in. “Kris! Jongin found his mate! And he's a-” Jongin quickly covers Sehun’s mouth before anything else could be said. “Is it true?” Tao giggled, “So who's the lucky guy?” Kris lightly hits Tao in the head. “Leave him be Taozi, he just met his mate. He needs time to relax, then tell us everything.” Jongin sat down and explained,
“I saw him, walking down the same path he takes every other week. His beautiful heart-shaped lips-”
“Wa-wait! Lips?” Kris interrupted, his eyebrows knitting together and his eyes narrowed. 
“U-uhm...he was..i-in his hybrid form?” Jongin stuttered, a bead of sweat forming on his forehead. He hoped Kris would buy the lie, but knowing how well Kris could sense B.S., this wouldn’t work. Jongin flattened his ears, wishing he could just melt into the wooden couch.
“Jongin.” Jongin knew by the way Kris spoke his name, he was in deep . “Y-yes Hyung?” Jongin slowly looked up at the now snarling Alpha leader. He winced when he saw the piercing gaze Kris was directing towards him.

“Describe your mate again, and don't leave anything out.” 
“Yes Hyung. H-he has thick, heart-shaped lips, big eyes, like an owl. He’s petite, with dark, smooth hair. His voice is deep, and he’s quiet. He likes to pick flowers along the path to his grandfather’s house. And..he was friendly. When I approached him, he got scared, but...he stayed and offered me a biscuit, and left a piece of cake for me.” Jongin became aware that he had started babbling and he snapped out of his daze. He looked at his Hyung nervously, waiting for his response. Kris’ disapproving expression said it all.
“H-he isn't like any other human I've met before. He's different than the rest. Plus if he's my mate, shouldn't we tru-” “SHUT IT!!” Kris stood up in rage. “It isn’t right for a wolf, an Alpha at that, to mate with a HUMAN of all living creatures!!! It's unacceptable! You have tarnished our pack. What would the others think of this?!” 

“Kris, sweetie you should calm down.” Tao held onto his mate, rubbing his hand. He looked at Sehun and Jongin silently, and they took this as their chance to leave, their tails between their legs. “I'm so sorry Hyung. I didn't think he'd take it that way.” Sehun said patting his Hyung on the back. “It’s ok, it's not your fault, it's mine, I shouldn’t have said anything…” Jongin looked down at his feet, his ears flattened and tail drooping. Without another word to Sehun, he slowly made his way to his tent and curled up into a ball in his hammock. “I knew this would happen..I hope he’ll come to an understanding..”
 “I hope so too, but that seems very unlikely.” Sehun murmured the last part under his breathe. Jongin jumped at the sudden voice, but relaxed when he saw who it belonged to. 
“I think I’m gonna call it a night, Hunnie. I’ll see you in the morning.” Jongin wrapped his blanket around himself and hid his face. Sehun gave him a sympathetic smile, “Goodnight, Nini.”