Eight Installment

Look Closely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#18

Let it be known to all the sleeping slugs and the Chinese pandas and every other creature of the earth that Min Yoongi doesn't apologize. Whether it he is at fault or not. And let it also be known that Mr. Min Swag Yoongi Suga-nim doesn't bow his head in front of anyone, especially on others request. And lastly let the world know, that Yoongi hates the word sorry.

 

He hadn't said the word to Bang PDnim when he yelled at him in frustration because the man kept asking for the new album's song. He wouldn't say sorry to the janitor after literally puking all of his stomach contents on the practice floor almost a year back, claiming his allergy to shrimps as the one at fault. And he never said sorry to Jungkook for his outburst in the hospital’s waiting room, instead taking the boy out for some lamb skewers as a weak attempt at consolation.

 

But, (I feel that this the keyword of this story) life is all about learning new things. And Mr. Min Swaggers learnt how to say sorry too. And that was why Min Yoongi-nim was sitting in front of a cheeky sunshine-smile boy, his head bowed as he muttered the words that he never thought he could. And Jimin couldn’t have been happier.

 

However, before I explain what is happening, let me first explain what brought upon this scenario.

 

After twenty four hours of being unconscious, Jimin had fluttered his eyes open asking for Yoongi just like Seokjin had predicted. And that was when the “Learn to Say Sorry” quest started for Min Yoongi.

 

Yoongi entered the hospital room smiling at Jimin, receiving a pouty expression instead. He walked up to Jimin’s side and sat down beside him as he asked, “how you doing kid?”

 

Jimin ducked his head as he mumbled a silent, “I’m good now.”

 

Yoongi frowned at that but smirked and slightly shoved his shoulders and joked, “how can you be so weak? I thought your were a Busan man! You’re such a girl!”

 

The broken look of hurt and pain Jimin sent him made Yoongi wonder if he had crossed a line with that ‘joke’. “I…” Jimin started, “I heard, you were the one who found me hyung. Th- Thankyou.”

 

Honestly, Yoongi could literally see the apple of his cheeks turn red at that, and in true Min Yoongi fashion he evaded the crisis with a lame joke. “Ya! Do you have any idea how much I am regretting that? Don’t remind me.”

 

Jimin’s smile faltered but only slightly and Yoongi didn’t think much of it as the younger started speaking a little louder, “I thought… you’d be the last person to help me… So… I just wanted to say Thanks.”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, If only you knew kid , and said, “I really didn’t want to help. I just touched your arm and didn’t want to get caught for your murder because my fingerprints were on your dead body.” He looked at Jimin biting his lips Don’t do that you punk! You’re making it impossible to act cool! Bloody Lips! And Teeth and ARGH! and added in an after thought, “next time you're planning on dying make sure I’m not around.”

 

Their conversation ended there when the other members clambered through the small room’s door. Taehyung ran up to him so fast he toppled over and fell on top of Jimin. Jungkook too was on his side in no time. And so were the others. But, (again) something about the deep-set frown on Jimin’s forehead made Yoongi worried.

 

That was the first incident. The second incident was with Hoseok and the curious case of the vanishing personal space.

 

What happened was simple. Hoseok was cuddling with Jimin, like he always is, while Jimin squirmed in his hold. They had occupied the couch in the living area, legs draped over the couch’s hands, leaving no space for the others.

 

Yoongi, personally didn’t mind because Hoseok wasn’t a threat. He used to have a girlfriend before their debut which meant that he didn’t swing his swing in the same direction. But, Jimin was a walking magnet of attractiveness. Suffice to say, when Hoseok claimed, “Aigoo Jimin-ah! I love you so much! What to do!? I might turn gay for you, my little Jimin!” Yoongi was a little more than concerned.

 

Yoongi’s next words weren’t out of jealousy.

 

“Ya! Hobi-ya. Don't you have anything better than goofing around with that idiot!” Like digging your own grave.

 

When both Hoseok and Jimin ignored him he said to Jimin, “ya! You!” When Jimin looked at him he snarled as he said, “I know you're pretty much useless now that you're not dieting but could stop existing for like five minutes!?”

 

Jimin pouted, as Hoseok called Yoongi out on being a big “Meanie”. Yoongi added Hoseok to his death list when he pinched Jimin's pouted lips and lovingly told him to “Call him Mean Yoongi from now on Jimin-ah.”

 

Nope! You can’t make him admit to being jealous. He was so NOT jealous! I swear I will have to talk to this kid’s parents once we get married! How dare they make such a cute kid!? URGH! Stay in your lane Horse Boy!

 

When Jimin edged away from Hoseok, hiding his face, Hoseok replied with an easy smirk, “aw come on hyung! Jimin is just so cute! I can't help it!”

 

“He looks like a five year old made a ceramic pot and then broke it and then patched it up with duct tape!”

 

Jimin left the room at that, with the excuse of needing the bathroom. Hoseok gave Yoongi a dirty look which Yoongi didn't see because he was being too smug with contentment at having separated the two.

 

That was one more incident deserving his apology. Next happened when Yoongi had just come back with Jungkook from the lamb skewers place. It didn’t take a genius to know that Jungkook could be placated with a single piece of meat and Yoongi used his credit card to his advantage, earning the kid’s forgiveness in pounds of meat.

 

They had only just come back from the restaurant and Yoongi just rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter