Tenth Installment

Look Closely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#21

It had been raining that day and the maknae line was the only one still in the practice room. Taehyung had finished his part almost an hour ago but stayed behind for Jungkook and Jimin, so they could leave together. Jungkook slumped to the floor after the last of his practice session ended and looked out forlornly at the rain.

 

“Taehyung hyung” he called out to Taehyung. When Taehyung turned around Jungkook bobbed his head towards the rain and asked, “let's go play in the puddles.”

 

Taehyung smiled like a Cheshire cat and nodded his head yes before frowning and saying, “but let's wait for Jimin to finish up with his part and we can go together.”

 

Jungkook's shoulders slumped visibly at the suggestion and anyone with an observant eye could tell Jungkook really had wanted it to be just the two. And Jimin, who is in possession of a golden heart, reshuffled his playlist and restarted his routine.

 

“Tae-tae. Jungkook-ah.” he called to the two. When they turned around questioningly he bit his lips and said quietly, “I need to practice that handstand once again.” He ruffled his hair in fake apology and stated, “I'll be late I think.” He stopped to look at the disappointed cross Taehyung's face and almost wanted to retract his words, but the gleeful look of hope on Jungkook's face had his huffing a sigh and muttering to the younger two, “you two should head back home without me.”

 

“Jiminiiiiiie!” Taehyung wailed in protest and Jimin almost wanted to wail back the boy's name. “Come on! You can do it next time!!!”

 

Jimin forced a smile onto his lips and replied back with puffed cheeks, “I'll spend the entire day with you tomorrow. I just wanna get this done with.” When he saw Taehyung wavering at his aegyo he further added with a pout, “pleeeeeease?”

 

With a sad frown and a cute little pout Taehyung answered with a quiet “okay” and soon he left with Jungkook holding him in a bear hug.

 

Two hours should be enough. That's what Jimin told himself when he sent his friends off onto an impromptu date. Maybe he should've have kept the umbrella instead of shoving it in Jungkook's hands though. Because the scene of cats and dogs pouring down was not promising.

 

He'd been stuck in the studio for more than three hours and things didn't seem to brighten as the weather forecast showed that the rain wasn't stopping for another four hours. And any other day Jimin would've refrained from stepping out into the rain. Today, however, rain seemed welcoming. Like a cover to hide under.

 

That is what had Jimin packing his sweats up, pulling his hood down, and stepping into the pouring weather. This is so pathetic he yelled inside his mind, chastising himself over and over again for making the excuse of being  scared alone in the practice room, only for a chance to cry out his pain in the rain.

 

Because Jungkook was with Taehyung. And because Jungkook had wanted it to be just them. And maybe because he wished he were Taehyung.

 

He had been staring longingly at his reflection in the murky puddle water sighing, when a voice that sounded too familiar called out his name with pretend hatred. A smile slipped onto the Busan boy's lips at the rough sound elicited from the Daegulite and he turned towards it.

 

“Ya! Park Jimin! You!” yelled Yoongi as he crossed the main signal, Jimin's orange and green polka dotted umbrella shielding him from the rain overhead.

 

And a school of fishes had started doing the rumba inside his stomach at the elder's pale form that walked towards him. He coined it as gratitude towards the boy.

 

“Hyung!” Jimin yelled at Yoongi waving his hand over his head, displaying his sunshine smile. He thanked the Heavens for the heavy rain b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter