Twelfth Installment

Look Closely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#24

It is 3AM in the morning and sleep had evaded the two 95Liners of BTS like a plague. Tucked under the same comforter, Taehyung and Jimin lay cuddle in a warm embrace. Their breathing the only indication of their presence in the room. Hoseok had left about fifteen minutes ago for a practice session.

"Chimchim" Taehyung mutters and Jimin hums back never looking away from the ceiling that has become his personal piece of art at this point. "I..." He bites his lips to keep the excitement at bay, but Jimin can tell that he is just a second away from literally turning into the wild puppy he is. "I never knew..."

Jimin sighs. Taehyung is having a hard time resisting the urge to just scream mad crazy and as his best friend it was Jimin's responsibility to let the boy release. So he gets up without a word and walks out of their bedroom. When he comes back within ten minutes, Taehyung can't keep the smile off his face at the huge bowl of bibimbap and kimchi in Jimin's hands, along with a tub of ice cream and Taehyung's favorite soda tucked under his armpit.

Jimin then switches on the lights and locks the door to the bedroom before depositing all the food on top of the bed. "Spill" he say with a smirk and the dam is opened.

The next two hours consist of Taehyung literally reading off the entire happenings of his and Hoseok's date from the little notepad he had carried. It's essential to record everything so make sure you write down every important detail of the date! Jimin had said. Because, I am your best friend and I should know when you felt warm and fuzzy and at what point in your date, you felt your pants tighten. So Taehyung, being the amazing person he is, literally took a notepad with himself to record every substantial detail of the date for Jimin. Jimin, was impressed to say the least.

"I feel like I'm free falling Jimin-ah" Taehyung whispers wistfully, his eyes cloudy with emotion. 

Jimin ruffles the boy's hair affectionately and whispers to him to keep the atmosphere alive, "I'm so happy for you Tae. I'm glad Hoseok Hyung decided to give it a try." And when Taehyung blushes a bright pink at his words, Jimin's heart soars with happiness for his friend. 

Taehyung lets his head fall heavily in Jimin's lap, and Jimin proceeds to caress his hair with gentle care. A moment of silence passes when Taehyung speaks again. "I wish you can be as happy as me too Jimin-ah" he says and Jimin looks away from the eyes that looks back into his meaningfully. "Who is it Jimin-ah?" Taehyung asks with a clipped tone. "Aren't I a good enough friend to know?"

And in that moment, Jimin doesn't have the heart to hide. Because Taehyung is his friend. His best friend and he deserves to know. So he breathes in a deep breath before opening his heart out to the boy.

"I like him Tae..." he mutters as he looks at his hand, fidgeting with the rings that adorn it.

"Since when? Which one?" Taehyung asks.

Jimin shrugs his shoulders and replies quietly, "since I realized that I didn't feel the same I used to feel for Jungkook."

Understanding dawns onto Taehyung's face as he realizes that Jungkook was the one Jimin had harbored a one-sided affection for, but it is quickly replaced with confusion. "But who is it?"

Flashback
"You knew!?" Jimin asks Yoongi with his eyes bulging out of his sockets. Yoongi ruffles his and nods an affirmation as they walk away from Taheyung and Hoseok and towards the sea deck.

"It's not really hard to tell when you keep shoving Taehyung towards Hobi and muttering 'go for it! go for it!'."  Jimin replies back with a snicker and they push past the crowd into the center of the pier.

Jimin looks at Yoongi with a smile and takes his hand into his own, pulling him near a cotton candy stand. It takes a moment for Yoongi to understand what is going on before he tightens his hold around the younger boy's fingers too.

"Let's not get left out then. We can still have fun. Make it our own date." Jimin declares and honestly Yoongi just needs a reason to hold hands so his shrugs nonchalantly and asks the the candy stand ajumma for two cotton candy puffs.

*****

"Wow!" Jimin exclaims as Yoongi manages to shoot every target in front him. They are at the shooting booth and Yoongi is currently battling it out with the store owner for the Kumamon plushie. He's just ten points away but his ammo was reduced to three when he let Jimin try. 

It's not such a big deal. He can just buy the stupid toy from any convenience store on their way home. And really he already has the exact same plushie back at home too so he really doesn't need one. Besides, Yoongi is known for being lazy when anything other than music is concerned.

But Jimin is watching. 

Jimin is watching with the starry-eyed look he sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter