Seventh Installment

Look Closely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#16

The first day was easy. The second day was okay. The third day was unbearable.

 

If you stopped a random passerby and asked him, even he could tell Jimin's one weakness, was hunger. The members knew of course. And the side glances, the pitiful stares, and biting lips and silent shoulder pats were a proof of that.

 

Seokjin would ruffle his hair every time he saw him. Namjoon would pat his shoulder meaningfully. Hoseok would cut him an incredible amount of slack at every dance practice, going as far as allowing him to take a break every half an hour. Jungkook had stopped calling him by his name, referring to him as Hyung, and would actually sit down with the boy in their free time without being dragged to.

 

Taehyung was another case. To everyone's utter horror, the younger of the 95z liners, had cried. For two long hours. And the only thing that stopped him from marching down to PDnim's office with a sledgehammer, was Jimin promising him that his chubby cheeks would remain. And that he would still accompany him during their slumber party nights. Which were basically nights the two slept outside in the living room under a makeshift tent and snacks surrounding them.

 

Yoongi, on the other hand, was as cold as the great glacier. He didn't stop slurping his noodles in front of Jimin like the others had, earning Jimin's longing gaze at his chopsticks and the members' angry eye-lasers. He had started calling Jimin Newb again instead of referring to him as a loving “Ya!”. He had taken to ignoring his calls to come down and eat, only coming down when Hoseok would huff a call out instead. He even yelled at Jimin for taking too long getting his shoes on when they had to go on their joint practices. Exactly how hard is putting shoes on!? Is this rocket science or something!? ing useless! Cue a smack on the head from Seokjin and silent mutterings of curse words from Yoongi.

 

And this would've gone on forever had it not been for that one time...

 

After another three straight hours of practice, Jimin fell to the floor like a sack of potatoes with a loud thump. The others went back home of course. Namjoon and Yoongi had stayed behind to finish up their songs.

 

Yoongi turned his head sideways at the sleeping form of Namjoon's and got up as quietly as he could to exit the studio. He made sure to tuck the leader in with a blanket before turning off the lights and getting out.

 

And just like he always did, he walked down to the bathroom for his midnight pee break. He was painfully aware that a certain boy was still practising his vocals in the room next to his.

 

Fool!

 

On his way back Yoongi walked past a coffee vending machine, and out of the sheer purity in heart (that's what Yoongi would want you to believe at least) Yoongi bought a warm can of instant mocha.

 

When he entered the practice room though, the sight that met him, made his eyebrows scrunch up in worry and his blood run cold.

 

Jimin was lying on the floor unconscious. Sweat dripping down his hair.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter