Shameless Advertisement Installment

Look Closely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi loved all kinds of sounds. Except Jimin’s voice or laughter.

Sounds always fascinated Yoongi. The sound of the wind blowing past the window screen, making a Whoosh sound as it fluttered the curtains. The sounds of his hyung’s breathing at night when he was just too tired. The sounds of babies crying and the sounds that birds made early in the morning when the dew still hung on the petals of Seokjin hyung’s roses in the garden. It wouldn’t take a genius to know that Min Yoongi was in love with sounds. But every love, has its exceptions.

Park Jimin. The one sound Min Yoongi loathed with such fierce intensity even Zeus would stutter at the terror.

“Hiya! Hurry up! We need to catch that ice cream truck!” Jimin yelled from the house next door, and Min Yoongi could swear his insides just burnt at the hatred for the high pitched ‘squeak’. He gritted his teeth and left his bed with a grumble. It was no use trying, sleep wouldn’t come after hearing the Devil’s cry.

Yoongi stumbled towards the bathroom he shared with his brother with a low grumble, coupled with several swear words that his mother would’ve smacked his head for. “Bloody squeak ball is up again”, he muttered to himself as he ambled his way on the small platform to get his brush. Being short meant he had to climb a podium just to be able to rinse his mouth and if Yoongi were God he’d curse the world for such unfairness with a Park Jimin in every house. Brrr. Too scary to even conjure such a scene.

Having finished up his daily routine of disgruntled mutterings and huffing, Yoongi climbed down the stairs of his home to be greeted by his mother’s singing being accompanied by the ‘squeaky’ voice of a Park Jimin. What the hell is he doing here!? Rest of the steps were valiantly jumped and raced down by the eight-year-old.

The sight that greeted him was horrifying. His best friend’s brother was snuggled into his mother’s bosom as she petted his hair with a motherly smile. I’m going to Hell because clearly the Devil has sent Jimin to ruin my life!

“Umma!” Yoongi called out before racing towards her and grabbing her legs with a pout. “I’m hungry.” The glare he sent towards Jimin was received with a toothy smile and scrunched up eyes of the five-year-old boy, who giggled as he waved him a hi. He was looking so much like the puppy Yoongi had wanted for Christmas. He is diabolical!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter