Second Installment

Look Closely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#4

They had managed to salvage the files, albeit with a bit of delay and a whole lot of shouting from their manager and Bang PDnim and the production team. Two weeks later, everything seemed to have gone back to normal after the mini-celebration upon the retrieval of those files.

Namjoon was speaking to him again, going as far as greeting him in the morning like he did with the other members. Hoseok was back to his gleeful self. He had taken up to teaching Jimin girl group dances. Taehyung had never really changed, and Jungkook had stopped ignoring him. Seokjin too let him work in the kitchen again, even letting him improvise. But Yoongi stayed the same.

Somehow though, Jimin didn't resent him. At least he was showing clearly how he felt about the boy. Jimin didn't have to be cautious about his feelings for the elder unlike he was with the others.

After the incident two weeks ago, everyone except for Taehyung, had literally turned their backs to him. Namjoon would ignore the boy when he was greeted. Seokjin would reprimand him for getting in his way in the kitchen. Hoseok no longer stayed to help with the new choreography. And Jungkook had refused to even speak to him. Everyone protested silently against him.

Yoongi on the other hand would abandon his meal if Jimin sat at the table in front of him, claiming he could never digest the food while looking at 'that thing'. He would shove the boy or spit out nasty words at him when no one was looking. (Not that they would try to stop it). He would ignore him but would also pick out his flaws the most when it came to working. Actually, he had become his very own bully.

But now, everything was fine. And that's what worried Jimin. He didn't know whether to be happy that he was being treated well again or to worry whether this all was a show. But, of two things he was sure. Taehyung was the best friend on earth. And Yoongi hated him more than he was letting on.

So it wasn't a surprise to anyone when Jimin started spending more time at the practice studio. Or when he would stay up late at night just to wait for whichever member was due to come back from their individual practice. Or when he brewed morning coffee for all his hyungs and secretly bought chocolates for his dongsaengs with his own money. It wasn't a surprise to anyone when Jimin worked tirelessly on their new choreography or offered to help them out too. 

And honestly they felt it too. Namjoon would willingly smile at cup of coffee that stood on his desk in the studio every morning with a smiley face stuck to its handle telling him to work hard. Hoseok enjoyed Jimin's active participation in the briefing of choreography and his help in explaining to the more dance-ignorant, *cough Namjoon and Seokjin cough*. And Jungkook found home in the dialect Jimin chose to speak in, knowing the boy appreciated the gesture. Seokjin too enjoyed Jimin's cooking and his insistence on shooting a mokbang for the elder.

And everyone seemed to have accepted him. They observed his attempts at getting closer and they gave him a chance to enter. And neither could say they regretted it. It was still too soon to declare their like for the boy, but the members knew for sure that they didn't hate Jimin. All except Yoongi.

Yoongi had kept the wall of hatred tall and standing even after the problem had been resolved. He still scowled at the boy. Yoongi still gave him a hard time at recordings. He would never listen to Jimin when he was corrected by the younger on a wrong dance move. And he still refused to drink the coffee Jimin made.

And he would've kept at it too, had it not been for that one evening.

Almost twelve hours, locked up in the studio, could do things to a man. Min Yoongi, however was a sloth who was unaffected by such instances. So, there was no way in hell he was hallucinating the sweat dripping body of a certain someone moving in the practice studio with angry dance moves. Yoongi was on his way to his pee break when his eyes landed on the closed door of the studio which had a square glass that allowed him to see inside. Last time he checked, Jimin had come down to the office building along with the team, and had decided to stay back to 'work on some moves'.

He's been practicing ever since? Yoongi asked himself before shoving his shoulders up in nonchalance and walking away from the door, uninterested.

This went on for the next few days. Everday, for the entire week, Yoongi would stay over late producing his beats and on his way to his mandatory pee break, he would see Jimin. And he would ignore it. And that was what he would do everytime, is what he had decided. But things had a way of defying Yoongi.

That day when he walked past the practice studio an empty room greeted him. He let his eyebrow quirk up the slightest at the scene before shaking out of his thoughts and entering the toilet with his hands shoved down his pockets. Having done his bussiness he was just aboout to leave when quiet footsteps and sniffles entering caught his attention.

Yoongi was always quiet as a cat (or lazy as a koala) so that proved to his advantage when he sat back down on the closed lid of the toilet seat. What the am I doing?!? he mentally questioned himself as more sniffles were heard the door to the cubicle next to his sounded open and close. Now's the time. Get up and out you lazy ! he reprimanded himself. And for a second it seemed to have worked as his hand held the door knob, turning it. But clearly nothing goes his way because just as Yoongi was about to pulled the lock from the hinges, words accompanied the silent sniffles.

"U- Umma" said the pre-pubersent voice of the youger boy. And the way his voice shook made Yoongi wonder if Jimin was sitting in a massage chair rather than a toilet bowl. And Yoongi let go of the door knob. What the !? You know it's wrong to eavesdrop yoou peepsqueak! "Hm! I'm fine!" Yoongi hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter