Let It Go ? (534 words)

Love You To Death

Late that night, I came downstairs, Kiseok was asleep in the couch in the living-room. I peaked around the room looking for his phone, assuming it should be near him, I came closer, tiptoeing quietly. Finally, I could spot it, near his sleeping head. How will I even reach it and take it from here ? I reached out my hand toward his phone, he moved and I stepped back.

         “What’s wrong ?” He asked in a sleepy voice, eyes still shut.

         “Oppa. Huh…”

         “Are you looking for something ?” He asked again, his eyes remained shut and mine were traveling back and forth to him and the phone I almost reached just now.

         “NO ! Of course I’m not !” I strongly protested knowing how angry he would get if he knew my real intentions.

         “Then what is it ?” He sat thinking something was wrong. “Does it still hurt ?” He asked touching the wounds I had on my face.

         “What ? Oh yeah. It hurts so bad.” I suddenly lied.

I felt really bad lying to him, I’ve never done it before but here I really had to.

         “I’ll check if there’s something that could calm the pain down.”

He stood up gesturing me to sit down while waiting. I knew he didn’t want to move since he was so exhausted but, for me, he kind of overcome anything.

He walked sleepily toward the bathroom, my eyes remained on his phone, my hands reaching out to it, slipping it in my pocket as Kiseok came back with the ointment he got me at the drugstore on the way back home. He helped me apply it, and went back to sleep.

         “Go back to sleep, now. Okay ?” He said.

         “Yes Oppa.”

He my hair and closed back his eyes. I walked upstairs, sat on my bed and took Kiseok’s phone out of my pocket, I felt really bad by looking at it, realizing he saved my life and all I seemed to care about was my phone. Scrolling through his phone contacts, a lot of weird people seemed to have contact with him. Pretty sure most of them were illegal buddies doing some illegal business. I scrolled to the letter “L”, and “Lily” didn't seem to appear. I scrolled down further until finding the contact name “My Baby Sister ♥”, I smiled and dialed it. It answered but was silent.

         “… Hello ?” I started whispering shyly.

         “Jeong Lily ?” Someone finally whispered.

I wasn’t sure, but it seemed to be him.

         “B… Beenzino ?” I asked sounding barely inaudible.

         “Yeah. Well… No. Just call me Sungbin. Ok ?

         “S… Sungbin ?”

         “Beenzino is the name I’m known under in the gangs.”

         “Oh…”

I couldn’t really talk to him, I was very impressed. 

         “What is it ? You are looking for your phone, aren’t you ?”  

         “Y… Yes.”

         “Come at 10 tomorrow at this place that sells bubble teas in the street, I’ll give it back to you.”

         “You’ll be alone, right ?”

I suddenly asked, scared, thinking of what Kiseok said about Illionaire and that it could be a prank with his gang. But, actually, I kind of trust him...