Rescue (810 words)

Love You To Death

“Don’t worry. It will be okay.” He whispered. “Your brother is probably here already.” He added before hiding himself in a shadowed corner.

Someone tumbled down the stairs : that one guy who punched my face earlier. Gray ran down the stairs just after him.

“Where is she ?” He asked him probably unable to answer.

“Sunghwa !” I whined.

“Lily are you okay ?”

I nodded quickly. As Sunghwa started to untie me, another person ran down the stairs, this time, I knew it was him.

LILY ?!” My brother shouted worried and nervous.

“Oppa !” I answered as loud as I could.

“Lily !” He sighed relieved.

He hurried to my sides. And took me instinctively in his warm arms, until his eyes crossed the guy’s in the corner.

“Beenzino !” Kiseok exclaimed letting go of me. “I should have known you guys were numerous.”

He got to him violently. Ready to punch, I hurried in front of Beenzino and faced Kiseok.

“NO !” I protested. “Don’t hurt him.”

“What… Lily you…”

“He…” I glanced at the so-called Beenzino. “He took care of me. Really.”

Kiseok seemed shocked of my reaction, Gray too. But they listened to me.

Hyung ! Hurry up.” Shouted Jay’s voice upstairs.

“Let’s just get out of here.” Growled Kiseok glancing a dark look at Beenzino.

He carried me out and put my weak self in the car to drive back home. In the car, the atmosphere was quiet and dark. Kiseok seemed really pissed off.

“Oppa ?” I ventured lower than I wanted it to sound.

Jay, sitting next to me, took my hand in his and beckoned to me with his hand to be silent. I glanced at Gray, sitting in the frond next to Kiseok. I bet he didn’t even tell the others he was the one behind all this. Kiseok’s phone rang, he picked up.

“Mom ?” His voice calmed down and sounded peaceful and happy. “Yeah. Everything’s alright. Mh, she’s sleeping already. Oh yeah, that’s why she doesn’t answer. Don’t worry. Yeah I love you too. Let’s talk on the phone tomorrow, alright ? Yeah, bye.” He hung up.

That’s when I realized they kept my phone. A too precious item to me to just let it go.

“Oppa ?”

Jay squeezed my hand to make me shut up. Useless, Kiseok didn’t answer anyway. As we arrived the HQ, Jay carried me to the sofa, helping me cleaning off the blood. Kiseok sat down his desk, a very dark expression on his face. Gray wouldn’t say a word.

“Go home.” Asked Jay to Loco who was still working here despite the late hour.

“Is she okay ?” He asked taking his jacket to leave.

“She is.”

Jay stayed by my side trying to make my muscles relax that were sore from being tied on the chair for so long.

“What exactly were you thinking going there ?” Kiseok finally spoke out.

“I…” I started to cry. “I just wanted to help !”

“Just wanted to help ?” Kiseok repeated. “You are just ing crazy ! These guys just want me dead ! Consider yourself lucky they didn’t kill you, no matter what they did, they really could’ve killed you. You are so stupid. What would I do without you ?”

“Oppa. I’m sorry but Sunghwa told me I could help and…”

“SUNGHWA TOLD YOU WHAT ?” Kiseok interrupted.

I could say it. He wasn’t "dark" anymore, now, he was clearly angry.

“I’ll explain.” Said suddenly Sunghwa, clearly scared. “I thought she could just spot but she must have grown wings and thought she could go further…”

“I’ve asked so many times not to get my sister involved into cases. Even the tiniest ones. Just. Lily. You’re my only family here.”

I was now crying a lot and the mix between tears and blood wasn’t really nice to see. I kept on apologizing to Kiseok and Jay. Kiseok finally took me in his arms and brought me for a tight hug.

“Just… Don’t do it again… Alright ?”

“Oppa… They… They kept my phone by the way.” It sounded ridiculous but I had to tell him.

“I’ll get you a new one.”

“I had so much important data in the other one !”

“Let it go.”

“Oppa. Just let me call my phone with yours. Okay ? Maybe Beenzino will answer.”

He started to get irritated again.

“I asked you to let it go. What if he’s not the one answering it ? Even if he is. We can’t trust him, we can’t get fooled by Illionaire just because of a phone.”

“Oppa please.”

His glance was dark and so firm I thought it was better not to say a thing anymore.

 "Let’s get you home, so you can have a bath honey.” Said Jay interrupting the heavy silence.