The Basement (557 words)

Love You To Death

“Hi guys.”

I said as I came in the basement after school.

“What does she want, again ?! Jaebum, really, don’t bring your girlfriend in there. She disturbs work and it’s not safe for her neither.” Said Gray pissed off as usual.

Of course it wasn’t. Park Jaebum was not only in one of the most powerful and more wanted gang in the northern districts of Seoul but he is also the best friend of my older brother, Kiseok. Actually, I think that’s why he accepted him when Jaebum and I started dating.

“Leave her alone.” Said Jay annoyed.

He was more than aware of the dangerous situation my brother and him were bringing me into. I came in, and sat down Jay’s lap. They were monitoring on their computer screen a moving red dot on a map.

“What’s going on ?” I asked curiously.

“Make her shut up.” Replied coldly Gray again.

I didn’t know why he tends to bring me down every time we see each other, but he really does it every time.

Who is making who shut it ?” Asked a very manly voice behind us, opening the basement's door.

“Oppa !” I shouted jumping off Jay’s lap as I saw Kiseok.

“SHUT UP !” Shouted Gray.

Kiseok took me in his arms whispering a little :

“Why are you here ?”

I was 18 he was 14 years older, as a consequence he tended to be a very protective brother, since our family lives in Busan and Kiseok and I had to move to Seoul for studies and business, we just live by ourselves.

“So, did it move ?” Asked Kiseok approaching the computer screen.

He gave a little slap behind Gray’s head :

“And don’t talk to my sister that way.” He added as an explanation to his not-so-violent slap.

He was the boss, and could do whatever he wanted to, so did I.

“I don’t really know, he moves that’s for sure. But it’s always from and to the same two buildings. Do you think their stock lies there ?” Asked Jay.

“Don’t tell me you finally caught their stock ? Hi Lily.” Entered Loco, the most quiet and loyal friend of Jay’s and Kiseok’s.

“Not yet but we might have something.”

“Should we just send the girl ?” Offered Gray thinking of a good plan.

“Yeah !” I jumped “Just let me be in !”

I was never part of their plans or stuff but I always wanted to. Kiseok slapped him again, a bit stronger than before though.

“Don’t ever dare to say this again. You won’t get my sister involved in such things.”

“Ah Oppa, why ? I can do it ! I’m an adult now. I could help you out !”

“Go home.”

“Oppa !”

“Lily, Hyung is right. You should go home, it’s getting late. Let’s text tonight, okay ?” Said Jay.

I didn’t want to. But I left the basement. Late that night, the vibrations of my phone woke me up.

Sunghwa : Hey, come by the basement at 6 tomorrow. If you wanna be part of the plan, I’ll let you be.

Finally, they were recognizing me as a helpful hand. I won’t disappoint them, in hope to finally help my brother and my boyfriend, I answered :

Ok. See you tomorrow then.