Bloody Match (691 words)

Love You To Death

Even after waking up long minutes after being knocked out, it seemed like hours staying here, my nosebleed wasn’t stopping flowing, there was blood all over my clothes and the bruises on my face were too dark they won't be gone in a week. I was kind of groggy but I heard someone coming downstairs. It wasn’t Dok2, this time, the man was taller and scarier, probably older too. He had a grin on his face. He seemed to be the boss. But I didn’t ventured a word, this time.

“So what do we have here. Jeong Kiseok’s little sister. Big catch.”

He punched violently my face, before taking my phone out of his pocket. My screams were useless in this remote basement.

“Good.” He said seeing me spitting blood. He took a picture with my own phone before throwing it in a corner of the room. “Sorry cutie, seeing your brother not showing his up, I think we have to hurry him a bit. Let’s just send him a snapchat. You really look like him. That’s interesting.”

I said nothing, I was scared and anyway there was too much blood in my mouth for me to speak. He left just after. I couldn’t see the time passing by now, I could only feel pain and fear. I was quietly crying until someone came downstairs, another guy, a third one. He didn’t glance at me, as if he didn't know I was here. He walked toward the other side of the room, the opposite side, looking for a bottle of wine, I guess. My cries got a bit louder making him startle. He turned back, and frowned in my direction, he really didn’t know about me. He walked over to me.

“Are you… Okay ?” Was the only thing he thought about when seeing me, the bottle in his hand. He seemed worried, and almost… Caring. I lifted up my eyes to his.

“Can… Can I have some water ?” I ventured shyly.

“Yeah sure. Wait a moment.”

He managed to get a bottle of water and made me drink out of it slowly and gently.

“So… You’re the girl they are talking about ? Jeong… Lily ?”

“Yes…”

“Wait a moment I’ll be back.” He said.

“No… Wait !” I whined.

“If I don’t bring the bottle soon, I’ll get scold. Wait.”

He was gone already, and even if he came back a quarter after, it felt like hours to me. He was holding a wet towel and a bowl of noodles. He wiped away the blood on my face and neck.

“I’m sorry about all this.” He whispered. “You okay ?”

“It hurts.”

“What ?”

“Being tied.”

His eyes were filled with sympathy, he started to work on the fasteners and suddenly stopped.

“I don’t know if this is right. I shouldn’t be helping you. I shouldn’t be with you actually.”

“Please.” I begged. “I won’t escape. Just relax my muscles, it aches really bad.”

He looked deep in my eyes trying to look for sincerity.

“Please…”

With that he untied my wrists. I’ve never been that thankful toward an “enemy” in my entire life. He handed me the bowl of noodles.

“It was mine, but here you are.”

“T-Thanks.” I hesitated.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t do anything to you… I… I’m not really proud of what they did to you. I mean… Kidnapping someone just because they are AOMG related.”

He came behind me and massaged my shoulders and arms that never hurt that much.

“It should be so painful...” He whispered.

I shivered. It was a weird scene but it was relieving so, I kept my mouth shut. I was done eating soon after.

“You are so cold.” He noticed.

He didn’t need to say anything. I knew it. Things got suddenly loud upstairs, the guy who was just starting to talk comfortably with me got scared and tied me up again, gently though. He my cheek putting a hem of hair behind my ear, as if to tell me to stay strong, a thing only Kiseok used to do. I shivered once again.