Phone Contact (723 words)

Love You To Death

I couldn’t dare come by the basement for a whole month neither dare talk to Jay. I received a text after school from Kiseok, worried to see me only at home.

Oppa : Do you want to come by the basement ? Gray bought cakes.

Me : Ok then.

“Hey.” I said quietly coming in the basement.

“Hey Love. Come take a break with us.” Said Kiseok with a smile.

I entered and took a cake then sat down next to Jay who seemed as quiet as me.

“Do you still see him ?” He finally launched coldly.

“Who ?” I answered trying to sound as aggressive as he just sounded.

“Beenzino. You know damn well who I’m talking about.”

“I don’t see him. I never did. It’s been a month I haven’t heard about him.”

“You might be worried then.”

“Jay. I don’t care about this guy, I just wanted my phone back, you idiot.”

“Oh yeah. So, if he had asked for in return you’d have done it ? You just wanted your phone back anyway… Going to the cinema with him huh ? You really seemed to like it though.”

“When was the last time we went out together, Jay ?” I suddenly pointed out.

“What ? Really ? Okay, go on. Blame it on me.”

“For an evening, this guy made me happy at least.”

My words threw a cold in the whole basement.

“Anyway, I don’t want to do this anymore Jay. Let’s break up…” My tears were about to fall, but I kept holding on.

“Yeah. That’s it.” He whispered. “Go and play the with Illionaire, you’re so good at it anyway.” He added leaving the basement angrily.

“It’s okay, Lily. You’ve done what you had to do. Don’t feel burdened about it.” Said Loco breaking the silence.

“How can you know what I had to do ?” I yelled at him leaving the basement too.

Really, he brought that last month’s Illionaire thing and insulted me a … Out of anger, it’s Sungbin’s number that I dialed.

Lily ?!” He answered the phone surprised. “I wasn’t expecting you to contact me again. Are you okay ?

“Can we meet ?” I asked shaking hoping he would accept.

Yeah sure…” He wasn’t sure of what to think actually but agreed anyway with a kind heart.

I didn’t even came back home this evening and directly met with Sungbin.

“Oh, Lily, you came ?”

“Are you alone ?” I asked still not sure if I could trust him or not considering this stalker issue last month.

“Yeah. You asked to meet up so why would I bring anyone ? Have you had dinner yet ? Do you want to go somewhere and have something to eat ?”

I nodded in agreement and we went to an hostel-restaurant.

“You don’t seem… Okay. Is that why you wanted to see me ?”

“Yeah kind of.”

“Tell me everything.” He smiled boosting my confidence.

“Actually… Someone took a picture of us last time when you left. And… Sent it to my boyfriend.”

“Really ?” He seemed shocked.

“Yeah. Which actually just led to our breakup.” I finished.

“Woah. I’m sorry. Should I go and explain him we aren’t together and that nothing happened between us ?”

“No it’s better this way. At first, I thought you were the one behind all this, but I don’t think it could benefit you neither.”

“Of course not ! Why would I do this ?” He said being sorry.

“Yeah I know. I’m sorry.”

We both remained silent looking and smiling at each other.

“I wish you weren’t your brother’s sister.” He suddenly said. “ I wish you were just another girl.”

I was surprised wondering why he would say that. In front of my questioning expression, he added :

“Nothing… Just… Forget it.”

“Sungbin…” I insisted.

“I just wish you weren’t AOMG. But I guess that can’t be helped.” He finished.

I blushed, kind of reading his mind, and agreeing. In fact, I was hoping he wasn't Illionaire...

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said this, now it’s awkward, isn’t it ?”

“No… Don’t say this. It’s okay.”

“Should I bring you home ?” He asked seeing we both finished dinner for a long time by now. “It’s getting dark outside.”

“Yeah thanks.”