Chapter 2

edits

The team leader clapped his hands. “Alright, so we’ll go with these ten. Does anyone else have anything to add about the plan? Tiffany, your nose is bleeding again.”

Wordlessly, Tiffany reached for another tissue.

“Okay, if there aren’t any questions, let’s get to work after lunch. Hyukjun, I want you to start drafting out a framework for the article. I’ll send you the list of points they want included, so have that on my desk by six today. Sunny, you’ve prepped everything for their visit tomorrow, right?”

“Yes, sir. I have three visitor passes for 3pm.”

“Perfect. Tiffany, take the pictures and make a mock-up of the spread. Doesn’t have to super polished but make it look presentable so we can show it to Kim Taeyeon’s reps tomorrow, okay? Drop it in the shared folder by six as well.” The man looked at the small team. “Everyone clear on what you need to do? Alright, then. Go eat lunch and let’s get right down to work after.”

She shifted the picture two pixels down, leaned back to take it all in, then moved it another two inches down. Kim Taeyeon’s face was a little too much in the center but if Tiffany moved the picture any more, it would look weird. Tiffany squinted at her screen. “Rough draft, right?” She said to herself.

“Yo, what’s with this mess?”

Tiffany didn’t look up from her screen. “What mess, Sunny?”

“This.” A hand reached out over her shoulder and picked up one of the empty Gatorade bottles. “Hangover or something?”

“She’s been having weird nosebleeds and I figured she might need to replenish electrolytes or something,” said Yoona, peeking over the partition.

“Nosebleeds? Plural?”

Tiffany shrugged. “Probably just dry,” she said, glancing up at Sunny.

“Have you been drinking water?”

“Yes, of course. I don’t know why this is happening either.” Tiffany stretched slowly before settling back into position, her cursor darting back and forth on the screen. “That’s why I bought so many bottles during lunch.”

“Do you have any headaches or feelings of dizziness? No nausea?”

Tiffany looked up into Sunny’s worried face and smiled. “I’m fine, Sunny. They’re just nosebleeds, nothing to worry about.”

“You should go home if you’re feeling sick.”

“I’m not. Also,” she hit Save, “I’ve just finished the spread so I’m gonna go tell him it’s in the folder.”

Sunny peered over Tiffany’s shoulder. “You did all this in two hours? And, wow, she’s easy on the eyes.”

Tiffany looked at the image currently on the screen. Two of the pictures on the same page, shown side by side with spaces for headers and words. It wasn’t her best work, but for a draft it was okay. Her eyes moved to Kim Taeyeon; the woman seemed to stare out at her from two angles, from both the left and the right. Tiffany shivered, then felt a now-familiar sensation in her nose. “Ugh. Again.”

“Another nosebleed?!”

Tiffany held her nose. “Dis is stubid,” she muttered.

She knocked lightly on the door.

“Come in,” he called. “Ah, Tiffany. How’s the design going?”

“It’s done, actually. I’ve put it in the shared folder so you can take a look.”

Tiffany waited as he clicked busily. “Wow,” he said, nodding, “this looks great. If you could make the picture on page three just a bit smaller — I think Hyukjun means to put a large quote there.”

“Got it. Anything else?”

He grinned. “Nope! Thanks for the quick work. How’s your nose?”

“Still going. Hopefully it’ll stop soon,” she said, sniffing.

“Do you want to take a break first?”

“I’m fine. You have something for me to do?”

He pushed his screen so that it faced Tiffany. “You know how to edit videos, right?”

“A little. I’m not the best at it, though.”

“As long as you can do better than me with my limited knowledge of Windows Movie Maker.” He pointed at the screen. “The photography team sent over some footage of the shoot. It’s all really short clips, but we were thinking it might be nice to create a montage and put it on the website.”

“A montage of these clips?”

“Yep! Doesn’t have to be anything fancy, maybe throw in some effects and transitions, slow some of the footage down. Stuff like that.” He looked up at Tiffany. “Would you be able to do that?”

“I think so,” she said.

“Great! You can have the rest of the day, and up until three tomorrow, to do this. Just simple editing; we may show it to Kim Taeyeon’s manager and have their editing team spruce it up.”

“Okay.”