I know now

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓣhe rest of the weekend Jungkook did nothing but to search up every possibility what was happening to Taehyung. He couldn’t understand anything. Why was Taehyung acting strange all of the sudden? Why was he mad about Jungkook calling his name? He had never protested besides those two times where he was acting strange.

And his brothers said something strange. ”Exactly what we needed. A new guest.”

What did that mean?

Jungkook even lost sleep because of this. He had to find out. There was no way Taehyung would tell him. He didn’t the first time, and Jungkook was sure he wouldn’t this time either on Monday.

 

Monday morning Jungkook waited on the spot where he’d see Taehyung coming from his home. He already knew where he lived now, obviously, but he didn’t want to seem too desperate to see if he was okay by standing outside, looking like a creep, and therefore he decided to just wait on their spot.

Not many minutes later, Taehyung was in sight, heading for his direction. He didn’t seem to have noticed Jungkook immediately, and his face had dropped since the weekend. Jungkook wondered if something more happened after he left.

“Oh, Jungkook,” Taehyung gasped surprised. He hadn’t even noticed him when he passed him, and Jungkook had to grab his arm to gain his attention.

“Are you alright?” Jungkook asked worriedly. “Taehyung.”

He frowned before forcing out a smile. “If I wasn’t okay I wouldn’t go to school, stupid,” he said, trying to lift up the mood, but Jungkook didn’t want to follow his plan. He was going to follow his own plan this time.

“Taehyung,” Jungkook said again, seeing if he got a special response, but the said male was only forcing out a small smile before trying to escape, and Jungkook grabbed his arm again. “Taehyung! Stop running away!” he yelled, which definitely gobsmacked the male, but he stopped walking. He was standing his back facing the black haired male, his head falling downwards. “Why do you always avoid me when this happens?”

Taehyung seemed rather nervous about what Jungkook was talking about. He seemed nearly afraid even. “What - what are you talking about?” he asked, still not looking at the other boy.

Jungkook sighed. I better tell him now. “I know.”

That caught Taehyung’s attention as he turned around, staring at him with the widest eyes the male had ever seen on him since their first meeting for a week ago. “Know - know what?” he stuttered nervously.

Jungkook smiled reassuringly. “Your secret,” he said, “I’m sorry, but I looked it up. And now I know.”

“Th - then what is it?”

“D.I.D - Dissociative identity disorder,” he muttered, “and your other personality is V, whom I’ve met two times already.”

Taehyung looked like he was nearly about to pass out, which made Jungkook hold around his waist to prevent him into falling. “You - you’re weren’t supposed to find out,” he muttered. Jungkook was sure he was holding back his tears. “I didn’t want you to know.” Taehyung knew he had to sit down before his legs gave away, and Jungkook gently placed him down on the path, sitting beside him.

“Why couldn’t I know?” he asked. Jungkook had figured during the weekend that Jimin must already be aware of this, and it’s exactly what he was trying to warn the new boy about. Even Taehyung himself tried to push Jungkook away, but he had no desire to do so; he just wanted to be friends with Taehyung. He didn’t know another person was a package, but if he had to be completely honest, he wasn’t disappointed knowing Taehyung had a disorder. Didn’t it make it more interesting though? Having a friend who had a problem, and he could be a part of it? He could be a part of helping his friend who meant so much for him, despite they’re only known each other for a week.

“Because you’ll leave,” he cried. “I know you will. No one want’s to be friends with a disabled kid.”

Jungkook grabbed his hands that were covering his face, and held them tightly. “Taehyungie, I won’t leave you. I won’t stop being your friend. Even though we haven’t known each other for that long, I still care about you, and just because you have a disorder, doesn’t mean I’d stop caring about you or stop being your friend. Stop with that nonsense, yeah?”

Taehyung started bawling even harder. Jungkook wasn’t sure if it was because he was touched, glad, sad, and so on - he didn’t say anything else; he just kept on crying. “Thank you, Jungkook,” he smiled through his tears when he wrapped his arms around the male. “Thank you so much. You’re such a good friend.”

Jungkook bit his lips so he wouldn’t cry as well, and just hugged Taehyung back.

“I’ll tell you everything, since I trust you, and I trust you won’t leave.” Jungkook nodded, trying hard to hide his eagerness to not spoil the moment. “I didn’t have D.I.D when I was a little child, but since I turned ten years old, I started to have emotional problems because of bullying. I had a lot of stress, and I feared all the kids at school. Both younger, older, and the same aged kids bullied me, and I had no one,” he started off, trying to hold back his tears of the memories. “But when I started a new school in sixth grade, the same thing started over again, and I felt like I was becoming another person. However, at the new school, I gained a new friend, Park Jimin.” Taehyung smiled at the memory he had with carrot head, and Jungkook couldn’t help but to smile with him. “Jimin was such a good friend. Although he had always been smaller than me, he had a strong personality, and he always defended me when we were together, and the bullying stopped, at least when he was with me.

“But when middle school came, Jimin started having more friends as well, and he even build a crush. He started going out with him, and they became a couple, and they still are. He kind of changed, but still he didn’t. I just started to shut him out because I knew his popularity dropped whenever he was with me. I started telling him lies that I didn’t need him anymore and that he could go with his boyfriend whenever he wanted to, and that I would rather be alone.”

Everything to Jungkook made sense now between the two males. Jimin thought Taehyung didn’t want him as a friend anymore and told him lies to get him away, but all Taehyung did was for his sake to be with other friends and his love. “Is that why Jimin are so nervous when I’m with you? Because he thinks you’ll throw away someone who’d get close to you? And he thinks what you did was for your own sake, and not his?”

Taehyung nodded. “I did, yeah. He knew about my disorder as I got it around when I was ten years old, and he had seen him a lot too. He probably thinks that when someone knows about my disorder, I’d push them away.”

“Who exactly is he? V?”

“V,” he replied. “I guess you could say he’s the mean, ego, rebellious guy. He always causes troubles and never listens to anyone. If he comes out at school, he’ll just ditch school right away and do whatever he wants.”

Jungkook frowned. “But why did I have to go on Saturday then? Because you didn’t want me to know?”

Taehyung swallowed hard. “…that too, yeah.”

“That too?”

Taehyung avoided Jungkook’s gaze before answering in a whisper. “Because I was afraid he’d pick up a fight with you,” he whispered, “and possibly…hurt you.”

Jungkook couldn’t hold back the grin that was forcing his lips to form. “Taehyung, do you promise me you won’t hold back anymore? You won’t push me away. You won’t keep such secrets. Okay?”

Taehyung nodded. “I promise.”

A silence followed along, but they didn’t mind. It’s not like it was awkward; they both enjoyed the wind chilling around them. “But, you know,” Taehyung started, gaining Jungkook’s attention as he turned his head towards him. “I feel weird. I mean, you know my biggest secret now, but I still don’t know anything about you.”

Jungkook’s eyes widen. , he’s right. “Oh, would you look at that!” he yelled as he suddenly stood up, showing his friend what time it was already. “We’re late!” He grabbed Taehyung’s hand and started running with Taehyung forcefully tailing behind him.

“Wa - wait! Jung - Jungkook!” he tried yelling, but Jungkook pretended he didn’t hear and just kept on running with him towards school.

“See you in lunch,” Jungkook said breathlessly and entered his own classroom before Taehyung could say anything else, or stop him.

Ignoring the scolding his homeroom teacher started with him, he locked gaze with carrot head for a few seconds beside him. Jungkook was looking at him completely differently now. He must be hurt, he thought to himself, and maybe jealous as I’m spending time with his childhood best friend that pushed him away.

“Why are you staring at me?” he whispered as he broke Jungkook out of his lost thoughts. “Don’t tell me you’re falling for me?” he smirked.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself,” Jungkook smirked back. It had suddenly become a lot easier to talk to Jimin. Now he didn’t feel that desire to ignore him, nor ignore his friendship. But he still wasn’t sure what he’d feel about him. Taehyung was the one who’s hurting the most. He just didn’t let carrot head see it.

 

Jungkook was definitely not looking forward to lunch. Taehyung would definitely question him; it wasn’t that he didn’t want to talk to him. He was afraid of what Taehyung would think of him. Having family that were dead and criminals. Wasn’t that scary? Knowing someone who had criminal's relatives in their blood? What if Taehyung would believe Jungkook would turn out the same way?  

Such scary thoughts would leave Jungkook’s head, especially when the bell rang for lunchtime.

“Want to sit with us in lunch?” Jimin asked as they packed their books.

As much as it was tempting to avoid Taehyung until he wouldn’t question him anymore, he knew he had to tell him one time, and he wouldn’t stop asking until he did. There were no point in running away, something Taehyung had done until Jungkook figured it out himself, and the other male had no other choice than to actually tell him the truth.

Now that Jungkook thought about it, he did actually seem like a horrible friend. Forcing his friend out of his comfort-zone. What was he thinking?

“Sorry,” Jungkook muttered before running out and to the cafeteria. He quickly found Taehyung, who was on his way to an available table with his food-tray in his hands. Without thinking, Jungkook attacked him with a back-hug, causing all of Taehyung’s food to hit the floor and nearly both of them fell on top of it.

As the food-tray also hit the floor with a loud noise, students around them turned to their direction. “I’m so sorry Taehyungie,” Jungkook whimpered, pressing his face onto his back, who was slightly taller than him himself.

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung asked, his cheeks burning red. “And what the hell are you doing? My food’s spilled,” he pouted and stared longingly at the ruined food on the upswept floor.

“I’m sorry,” Jungkook kept on repeating and nothing else. Eventually, Taehyung managed to get Jungkook off of him and dragged him away for a private place where students weren’t able to stare at them all they wanted.

“Jungkook, what are you talking about?”

Jungkook broke down in his cries.