Why aren't you friends anymore?

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓐs the bell rang through the speakers, signalling the lunch just started, Jungkook was the first one to stand up and walk out to meet his friend in the cafeteria. When he bought his lunch with the lunch money his aunt gave him earlier today, he quickly searched around for the brown haired male that was most probably alone. Eventually Jungkook found him, all the way back, leaning his head so close to the table that he looked like he was sleeping, but really he was just avoiding everyone’s gazes that did focus on him at times.

“Hey,” Jungkook greeted as he sat down with him. The other male raised his head immediately when he heard his friends’ voice and a smile appeared on his face.

“Hey Jungkookie,” he smiled as he stared at his friend.

Before another topic occurred, Jungkook decided he’d ask before he’d forget. “Why is everyone staring at you?”

Taehyung’s smile dropped and he avoided his eyes by staring down as his food. “Because I’m weird?” he said, but it came more out as a question.

This made Jungkook chuckle though. “They’re staring at you because you’re weird? Well, guess what, they’re much weirder than you!” Jungkook spoke out loudly on purpose, watching other students avoiding his subtle glares when he met eyes with some of them.

Taehyung started to giggle at his friend’s protection. “Thanks,” he smiled, which affected the other right back.

“What’s the deal with them anyways? I don’t get why people stare, even being so obvious about it,” he laughed. “I’d only stare at someone if I found them attractive, and stare at them secretly to not get caught.” As Jungkook spoke, he found himself staring at the boy in front of him, which he quickly caught onto. “I mean, uh, that sounded way creepier than I intended it to be,” he muttered as he blushed and scratched the back of his head. Taehyung chuckled at him; Jungkook tried finding a subject to talk about, and when his eyes landed on a certain table further away, he wanted to ask badly his friend about it. “Hey, uh, do you mind telling me more about you and Jimin?” he asked stupidly, which made Taehyung’s eyes wander everywhere expect from the boy in front of him. “I mean, don’t tell me if it makes you uncomfortable. I was just wondering, you know?” , I shouldn’t have asked.

“Well, we used to be best friends back in the days,” he surprisingly started talking. Jungkook leaned in closer to make sure he’d hear everything. “We’re childhood best friend, you could say. We were always together as kids. People used to tease us when we were together because they thought we were too closer. Like, going out,” he laughed at the memory. Jungkook smiled, but somehow he wasn’t glad hearing that.

“Were you?” he asked, “going out?”

Taehyung laughed again. “We were kids”, he smiled, “kids don’t date.”

“But they can still like another and, you know…kiss,” he mumbled the last part as he looked away.

“No, we weren’t like that,” he confirmed. “People only believed that.”

Jungkook was confused. If they were so close when they were kids, how come they’re not friends anymore? “Did you or Jimin dislike the rumours around you? Is that why you’re not friends anymore?”

Taehyung sighed as his smile dropped. “Neither of us cared about that. Jimin always defended me as most kids our age used to pick on me because I was weak, whilst he was the stronger one. They never dared when he was close by though.” He laughed again. “We usually only have good memories with each other, so I don’t want to ruin that. I don’t blame him.”

Jungkook’s frown appeared. “For not wanting to be friends with you anymore?” Jungkook couldn’t decide whether carrot head was a nice person or not. Whenever Taehyung talked to him, he sounded as nice as a person wouldn’t hurt a fly, but whenever he’d talk about Taehyung, or Taehyung talked about their past, it just made him seem like a heartless .

Were their story one of those where Taehyung fell in love with him before, but he didn’t share his feelings and decided to pull back?

“Yeah.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Aren’t you already asking?” The black haired male couldn’t tell if he was joking or not as he had this serious look on his face, probably worried if he could answer him or not.

“Did you have feelings for him?”

Taehyung smiled. “No.”

“Did he?”

“No.” Then what the is it?

“Okay.”

 

When the bell rang again, they had to get back to their classrooms. As the males parted ways, they didn’t know how to say goodbye yet, and it ended up as an awkward half unplanned handshake, half hug.

Jungkook quickly disappeared inside his classroom to make it less awkward; their science teacher appeared and they had to go to a different room because of chemicals and experiments. The student didn’t mind science though, as the opposite of carrot head.

He kept on complaining how much the classroom was smelly and that he was afraid whenever their teacher did something.

After science they went back up to their main classroom and prepared for Math again with Mr Kim Seokjin. Now, Math wasn’t something Jungkook was a big fan of. He was sure he’d get behind after some weeks, as he was just too lazy to actually pay attention to the boring subject.

“Listen up,” Seokjin announced before starting the class, “as I’m your homeroom teacher, I need a student to voluntarily become the president of this class in the Student Council.” Everyone went silent immediately after what their teacher annouced, which made him sigh loudly. “If no one is volunteering, I’ll just have to pick out one of you randomly,” he said as he picked up the students’ names and found his pen to randomly place it on the paper.

As long as it’s not me.

“Jeon Jungkook.”

Great.