I forgive you

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓣhat day, Jungkook silently went back home to his aunt. She asked him how his first day was, and he honestly didn’t know what to answer. At first he thought it was going great, but after seeing how Taehyung had acted, he wasn’t too sure anymore.

He didn’t understand why he suddenly turned him down; was it his way to say he didn’t want to be friends? Did his friends want him to play a joke on him? Did they want him to make Jungkook mad at him because they were jealous of him talking to Jungkook?

He had so many questions, but all he could do was to wait to meet Taehyung again tomorrow at school.

 

When Jungkook arrived at the school the next day, he went straight to his locker as he brought out his English books. After locking it, he stood there for a moment in silence; he thought of the yesterday’s events, and how Taehyung had ignored him.

As the male thought of what he thought was his friend, he appeared in sight, heading over towards his own locker. As Jungkook followed him with his eyes, he was the same Taehyung he was when he first met him: his eyes were warm again, but he looked sad. Really sad. He was just about to pass Jungkook, but the boy decided that he didn’t want to stay silent and ask him.

“Taehyung!” he called out after him, which made him stop immediately and turn around to face him.

“Oh, Jungkook,” he mumbled, looking a bit surprised he called him.

“What happened yesterday?” he asked confused, “I mean, weren’t you supposed to show me around? Why did you just suddenly walk away without explaining?”

Taehyung’s eyes dropped, and he didn’t even look into Jungkook’s eyes anymore. Something had happened. “Yeah, sorry about that,” he smiled innocently as he rubbed the back of his head, looking up at the boy again. “My mom called and urged me to get home as soon as the school was over,” he explained, “so I had to drop the plans I had with you, sorry.” Jungkook could tell he really felt sorry, although what he said didn’t sound too convincing.

“Was it…family business then?” he asked confused. He didn’t exactly look like he was in a rush.

“Yeah, it was,” he said, but the more he talked, the more it looked like he was lying. “About yesterday, I’m really sorry,” he suddenly started apologising. Jungkook glanced at him weirdly, but let him continue. “I acted weirdly, right? Honestly, I’m not very good at handling my emotions, and therefore I might seem a bit different and weird at times. I end up being rude and ignorant as well, but it’s just one of the problems I have,” he explained. He fell silent for a few seconds.

“I may seem polite and nice, but sometimes, on my bad days, I get really angry; I don’t even realise myself what I’m actually doing, and I don’t realise how I am towards others.” He seemed totally heartbroken by the way he was talking; Jungkook felt sorry for him. He probably had gone through some stuff because of his emotional problems for him to be this sad. “You’ve gotten a few warnings, haven’t you?” he suddenly asked, “about me?”

Jungkook jumped at the sudden question, but he had no choice than to answer honestly with a nod. “Jimin warned me yesterday about interacting with you”, he admitted, “but I just ignored him.”

Taehyung forced out a smile as he rested a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder. “Jiminie has a reason why he’s warning you Jungkook,” he said, still forcing out his smile. “I’m warning you as well: it’s not smart to be around me. Everyone around me ends up being tired and doesn’t want to have anything to do with me any longer. I’m used to it, so please don’t feel like you’re a bad person for doing so. I’m not great with people to be honest, and I think you deserve better friends than I ever could be.”

Jungkook almost started crying; he was an emotional boy after all, but he bit his lips in order to get himself together. “Is this your way of saying you don’t want to be my friend?” he asked, voice cracking a bit. “Because I want to be yours, and I don’t care if you call yourself a bad friend or not.” He waited to take a few breaths before continuing, hoping he’d successful convincing the boy. “Remember you told me not many students here interacted with new people? You’re right, I haven’t talked to anyone but you, and Jimin,” he said, “do you want me to be friends with just any other student here? Who throws you to the side? Who doesn’t care about anyone else here than themselves? How could you ask me to do that? I don’t want to have anything to do with them after seeing how they are. I want to be your friend, Taehyungie.” Jungkook almost felt embarrassed for Taehyung’s nickname he used for the first time, but he wanted to see the male’s reaction, and if he accepted it or not.

Taehyung seemed touched, and he really was. No one had reached out from him before the way Jungkook was now. Not since Park Jimin that was. “Thank you, Jungkook,” he smiled, genuinely this time, “I’m kind of glad you’re different.”

For the first time, Taehyung broke their (intense) eye contact, and noticed their surroundings. “Oh , the class has started!” The males hadn’t noticed, and they were the only ones in the hallway whilst the other students were already inside the classrooms. Quickly, they ran towards their own classroom, giving each other a grateful and happy smile before entering the room, soon being met by a scolding section from the teacher each.

“You’re late on your second day of school?” Seokjin scolded him right in front of the class. Was there anything more humiliating than this?

“I’m really sorry, it won’t happen again,” Jungkook whimpered, and the teacher let him off and let him sit back to his seat.

“How come you’re late?” the carrot head, asked.

“I talked with Taehyung,” he answered casually and opened his English book and notebook to note down what the teacher Seokjin had already written so far on the blackboard.

“Ah,” he muttered. He was very hesitant about still talking with Jungkook, and he noticed. The raven haired boy glanced at him curiously about what more he wanted to say. “Look, I’m sorry about how I was yesterday,” he apologised sincerely, “I really didn’t mean to tell you who you should befriend and not, I’m really sorry.”

Jungkook smiled back to the male. “I get it, it’s okay. I also went a bit overboard - as you could tell - I get easily defensive,” he giggled. “I’m sorry.”

Jimin’s smile lightens up as he handed out his hand. “So we’re good?”

The raven haired boy nodded with a grin. “We’re good,” he replied whilst shaking his hand.

“Quiet boys!” Seokjin scolded as he continued lecturing again.

“So, my friends and I are eating lunch together, do you wanna join us?” Jimin asked.

He seemed a lot happier now that Jungkook had forgiven him, but Jungkook didn’t want to desert his friend just like that, even if he became friends with carrot head. “Uhm, I’m sorry, but I’m going to eat with Taehyung today as well,” he smiled.

Jimin slightly sighed whilst nodding his head. “Ah, yeah, of course,” he said awkwardly. “By the way,” he started, “a friend of mine saw you yesterday with Taehyung, making scene. What was it about?”

He seemed incredibly curious, and Jungkook felt like he had no other choice than to answer honestly. “Taehyung was supposed to show me around after school yesterday, but he had to cancel the plans as something popped up and he had to rush home,” Jungkook explained undetailed, but it didn’t seem to be enough for his seatmate.

“Did he tell you why the plans were cancelled?”

Jungkook was hesitant. “He told me his mother called,” he frowned. “Look, I’m not gonna force him to tell me if he has problems at home when it’s none of my business. He’d tell me if he wanted me to know, and when he’ll be ready.”

Jimin smiled at Jungkook’s remark. “Yeah, I’m sure he’ll tell you when he wants to.”

By the way the short guy said it, it only triggered Jungkook’s stupid curiosity. “Do you...know what it is?”

Jimin turned to him again with a smirk over his face. “Why?” he asked, still having his smirk plastered on his face, “wanna know?”

Jungkook cleared his throat awkwardly. “Of - of course not, it’s still none of my business,” he said, avoiding Jimin’s gaze. “But how come you know?”

“I never said I did, you just assumed it.”

Now Jungkook grew tired. “So you don’t?” he frowned.

“Didn’t say that either.”

The dark haired male rolled his eyes. This boy… “Seriously?” he asked, still frowning. “Do you really have a history together?”

“We used to be friends,” Jimin hesitantly answered, “we don’t have a bad history though. We could still chat and get along, but we’re just not…”

He didn’t finish off the sentence, therefore Jungkook decided to finish for him. “ - but just not friends.”

Jimin nodded at the truth. “There’s no harm feelings.”

Jungkook thought for a minute before asking further out of curiosity. “Does your past have something to do with his emotions?”

Jimin’s eyes went wide in surprise, and Jungkook knew he hit jackpot. “Why - why do you ask that?” he stuttered, nervous all of the sudden.

“Taehyung warned me about being friends with him. He said he struggled with his own emotions and it would be wisely of me to forget him as a friend and befriend someone else, but I didn’t listen and decided I wanted to be his friend as I found it sad and unfair the students here are pushing him away,” Jungkook explained as he recalled their previous conversation.

Jimin started smiling all of the sudden. “He said that? That you should stay away from him?” Jungkook nodded as his answer, which caused Jimin to smile softly to himself. “That’s so like him, always thinking of others instead of himself.”

Jungkook was so confused. He just didn’t seem to find the problem why the two males weren’t friends anymore, and what exactly were holding them back from each other. “What happened?” he asked, sensitive all of the sudden. “Did he have an outrage all of the sudden? Did he hit you?”

Jimin shook his head whilst smiling. “I don’t think I should say stuff without him wanting to. You’ll know eventually as you chose to remain his friend. He’ll tell you when he’s ready and wants you to know.”

“Last chance boys!” Seokjin yelled, suddenly standing in front of them as he had let his massive book fall on their shared desk, causing both of the young students to jump in their seats and apologised after the other.

Now Jungkook was even more curious of the two boys’ past, but he didn’t want to push it; he’d want Taehyung to tell him naturally when he felt ready and they were close enough, although he could die from curiosity already.