You promised me!

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓕor the first time this week, Jungkook was eager to wake up. The first thing he did was to check his phone, just in case Taehyung woke up earlier than he did, which wouldn't surprise him. Jungkook refused to wake up earlier than he had to. He only showered for a few minutes as he let his hair dry on his way, he only took a few seconds to get on his school uniform, and he grabbed his breakfast on his way as well. Therefore he didn't need more than ten minutes in the morning, and he needed another ten minutes on the walk to his school.

As the dark haired male sat up in his bed whilst stretching, he checked his phone. There was in fact an unread message there from Taehyung.

'Good morning Jungkookie! I was wondering if you'd want to meet before school and we'd walk together? I'll wait where we separate our ways 8 am. X Taehyungie~'

Jungkook's eyes widen he thought they'd pop out. He glanced at the clock.

7:54 am.

. . .

The boy immediately jumped out of bed and literally threw himself into the shower as he forced his clothes off. When he put shampoo on his hair, he was washing it so fast it even hurt him, but he didn't care. As long as it went fast.

He quickly dried himself after making sure he wouldn't smell and let his hair remained wet, and rapidly dragged his uniform on his body.

When he ran down the stairs in high speed, aunt Hani stared at him amazed when he grabbed his breakfast with one hand and quickly made it towards the hallway to get on his shoes. "What's the rush Jungkook-ah?" she called after him.

"Taehyung's waiting for me!" he yelled back and quickly made it outside. He didn't care whether he literally had said his friend's name to his aunt and she'd probably ask about it after school.

The male glanced at the clock again. He had one minute left for a five minute walking distance. Please wait for me.

When the dark haired male arrived at the spot, Taehyung didn't stand where he told him he'd be. Panicking, Jungkook glanced around and started running more in case he went ahead.

Not too far away, Taehyung was walking in the school's direction. "Taehyung!" he called after him. "Taehyung! Wait!"

He stopped immediately and glanced over his shoulder with a big grin. "Hey!" He waited for Jungkook to catch up, who was completely out of breath. "I thought you were sick or didn't want to meet me," he laughed as they started walking together.

"Of course not," Jungkook denied, panting like he had been in a marathon, which wasn't that far from how he was rushing. "I don't usually wake up early so I didn't see the message until just a few minutes ago so I hurried to get ready."

Taehyung noticed his friend's hair was still wet and he was eating his (most probably) breakfast. "I can tell," he commented surprised. "Why didn't you text me, telling me to wait just a bit longer?"

Jungkook stopped. "Oh, yeah," he blushed. I'm so stupid. "I didn't think of that.” Taehyung chuckled at him, and they continued their walk towards the school together.

Friday was as boring as it could be. His last class was biology; at least it was a bit more interesting than the other subjects, and they even had to switch classrooms again.

His class was told they had to prepare for next week where they’re supposed to learn about the body of frogs, and then the week following they’d have dead frogs they’d need to cut up and follow the given task.

Jungkook wasn’t entirely sure if this funny feeling in his tummy was nervousness or excitement. As he wasn’t really a big fan of cutting up bodies – whomever it’d belong to – he was sure it was nervousness as he couldn’t get his mind off the event taking place tomorrow.

The young male’s phone vibrated in the middle of class, which almost got him in trouble, but Jungkook knew that there’s only two people who texts and calls him. Aunt Hani and Taehyung.

Subtly, he opened the text to read it to get rid of his curiosity.

’Meet me by your locker when class ends. X Taehyungie~’

Throughout the rest of the half an hour of class, Jungkook couldn’t prevent his lips curving into a smile; his teacher was glaring at him the whole time, as he knew the reason behind his smile was definitely not about the frog's’ organs.

 

As soon as the bell rang, Jungkook quickly threw his books into his backpack and ran up the stairs to his locker (the Biology class was on the basement floor). He was the first one to arrive, which didn’t surprise him.

“Jungkookie!” he heard his name being called. Jungkook reacted immediately by turning around, witnessing Taehyung jogging up to his side with the biggest grin on his face he had ever witnessed on him, all fascinated by Taehyung’s shining smile. “Alright, so my mom texted me, and she said the perfect time would be around five in the afternoon. Is that okay?” he asked like he was giving the best news in his entire life, which Jungkook couldn’t help but to giggle cutely at.

“That’s perfect,” he replied; he also almost mentioned what aunt Hani told him about inviting him soon as well, but he thought it’d be best to wait. Especially after their first dinner together had finished. Jungkook was just hoping everything would go great without any interruptions.

 

During dinner today, Jungkook told aunt Hani he was going over to Taehyung’s house to eat at five. She agreed, but she also told him to be careful: “You haven’t known him for even a week. Who knows what can happen?” and even made him promise to be aware if anything would happen during the dinner.

Jungkook couldn’t imagine Taehyung - or even his family that he had never met before - doing anything purposely to harm him. That just didn’t make any sense, but he promised, and he always kept his promises.

 

Saturday morning Jungkook woke up way too early. He was afraid he didn’t have enough time to get ready. He wanted to look perfect. He didn’t understand why he wanted to look perfect. Just who exactly did he want to impress? Was it Taehyung, or his family?

“Oh, you’re up early,” aunt Hani muttered as she spotted Jungkook down in the kitchen after his shower.

“You too,” he replied, just as confused as her. Aunt Hani wasn’t a person that enjoyed waking up early, especially on weekends when she didn’t have work. He was about to question her, until he spotted smoke coming from behind her. “You’re…smoking?” he whispered with his eyes wide open.

Before aunt Hani accepted him in her house, she had to promise to the child takers that had Jungkook that she had to quit drinking and smoking, which she of course agreed to.

“It’s my first one since you arrived,” she defended herself, which didn’t exactly help much.

“It hasn’t even gone a week aunt Hani!” he suddenly yelled out his frustration. He felt like his own aunt was about to betray him.

“Please, Jungkook,” she begged, stepping closer to hug him, but he only stepped away to avoid her. “It’s hard to suddenly just quit like that. Please understand, and please,” she whispered, her eyes tearing up, “don’t tell anyone.”

Now Jungkook was irritated. “Don’t tell anyone? Because you’re afraid people will talk badly about you for not being able to control yourself?” he barked. He felt so angry and disappointed in her. She promised to quit. She promised to Jungkook. And now she broke that promise in secret. It was probably not even her first this week.

Aunt Hani forced the boy into a hug. He heard her soft weeping on his shoulder; she held him too tightly like someone was behind him to drag him away from her. “Please Jungkook-ah,” she cried, “they’ll take you away from me if they know.”

Jungkook calmed down immediately. She wasn’t thinking of herself, he thought, she thought of me: of us.

Slowly, he wrapped his arms around her as well, and finally her grip loosened and it become comfortable for both of them. He didn’t even notice he was crying as well until she glanced up him and dried his tears with her sleeve on her jumper. “I won’t,” he smiled softly, “but please try to restrain yourself, yeah?”

She nodded with a smile. “Thank you. I can’t lose you too.”

“You won’t. I won’t let anyone tear us apart.”