Jungkook's family

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓙungkook was so nervous during the class his forehead was literally drowning in sweat. This wasn’t his first time moving and changing schools, but it was the first time with an all boy school, and somehow he couldn’t get over his nervousness. He didn’t even notice his carrot-like seatmate trying to speak with him.

“Hello? Earth to Jungkook?” he whispered in the middle of the class, waving his hand in front of the boy’s face.

“Wha - what?” he stuttered, embarrassed, and afraid he had acted rude towards him, probably ruining a possibly new forming friendship as well.

The orange haired boy giggled at his reaction. “I can tell you’re nervous,” he smiled charmingly. “I’m Park Jimin, probably your seatmate for the rest of the year,” he presented himself as he held out his hand. Jungkook shook it, not bothering to say his name when the carrot boy obviously already knew his.

“Nice to meet you,” he whispered, but still tried to listen to what the teacher was lecturing about.

“Our teacher’s name is Kim Seokjin; he’s not that experienced as he’s quite young, but he’s a good teacher nonetheless,” he explained. “He’s our homeroom teacher, and he teaches us Math and English.” Jungkook nodded along.

“Are you from the city?”

Jungkook nodded again.

“Cool, I’ve always wanted to go to Seoul,” he smiled, “but I don’t have any money.” He started chuckling with Jungkook silently following along. “How come you came to this ty place?”

Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly. “Family business.”

Jimin knew immediately Jungkook gave off the vibe he didn’t want to talk about it and didn’t push on further to bother him.

He kept on chanting nonstop with Jungkook , who just nodded along whilst taking notes of the blackboard, trying to concentrate on both his seatmate and the teacher.

Not much longer afterwards the bell rang, signalling it was lunch, and Jungkook was quick to get up and put his Math book in his locker and followed the crowd towards the cafeteria.

As Jungkook was done picking out the food he was going to eat, he turned around, standing still has he scanned the cafeteria for available tables, though he found none. He did find a certain brown haired boy though, and when their eyes locked, they both smiled, and Jungkook found himself making his way towards him.

As he trotted towards the boy, out of nowhere Jimin suddenly stood up from a table not too far away, calling his name whilst waving his hand in his direction.

Jungkook was already close to Taehyung, and decided to sit down with him instead of walking towards the other male.

Taehyung also noticed Jimin, who sat down in disappointment, and avoided their stares in their direction. “You can go and sit with them if you want to,” he muttered a bit quietly.

Jungkook shrugged whilst subtly glancing in their direction before he started to eat on his food. “Nah,” he sighed. “He’s already with his friends so it’d just be awkward for me to suddenly join in just like that,” he said. He looked back up at Taehyung, who was already looking at him with his widen eyes. “Besides, you’re here alone, so I’m here with you as a thank you for helping me earlier,” Jungkook said whilst smiling, which caused the other boy to smile as well. “I was surprised I didn’t see you in class earlier,” he remarked, “it would be nice to see at least one familiar face.”

Taehyung stuffed his mouth before answering. “I’m in class A, so then you must be in B,” he said and swallowed his food, “besides you seem to already know Park Jimin,” he continued. “How do you know him?”

Jungkook raised his shoulders. “I don’t. We’re seatmates, so he just kept on talking to me,” he explained.

“Oh, I see. I expected Jimin to talk to you as soon as he got the chance,” he smiled, “as you’ve probably noticed, he’s quite charming and a friendly guy, so you won’t get problems in getting friends here.”

Jungkook stopped eating for a moment as he frowned up at him. Didn’t he want to be friends with me?

"So, how come you moved here to town? Where are you from? Taehyung asked, changing the subject.

Jungkook thought for a moment. Did he really want to tell this boy about his family? "I used to live with my parents in Seoul, but they died," he lied. Though it was half true - his father died a few years ago, but his mother was still alive. Ever since his father's death, she went mentally crazy. She was so addicted to alcohol and drugs she ended up treated Jungkook very badly, and even abused him when she didn’t realise it herself. When she was caught a few months ago, she was sent to jail, and his mother's sister was the only family he had left.

"Oh,” Taehyung muttered, eyes widening in surprise. "I'm sorry for asking."

Jungkook shook his head and smiled. "No, it's okay. I just don't really want to talk about it."

"I see," he said whilst eating again. "You close with your aunt?"

The dark haired boy shook his head. "Not really. I haven't talked to her much before, so it's kind of awkward as I just arrived last week. She never visited us, nor did we either when I was little."

Jungkook didn't know why he suddenly wanted to tell Taehyung about himself. He never really wanted to share stuff about his family to anyone, but somehow Taehyung had that special aura to him that it felt okay to tell him, at least some truth anyways. It felt as if he wouldn't make fun of him, or tell anyone else. It'd be their secret. But Jungkook wasn't going to get deceived; he didn't easily trust people.

"How about you?" he asked. "Do you have the perfect family?"

Taehyung forced a smile. "I guess,” he laughed. "I have a mother and a father, and two older brothers."

Jungkook nodded. "You're close? I mean, three male siblings might be too much at times, wouldn’t it? I wouldn't really knew though, as I don't have any siblings myself."

Taehyung chuckled at his remark. "Yeah, they always gang up on me to tease me, but they're only home during weekends. They're both off to college."

Their conversation carried on easier than they had thought. Surprisingly, Taehyung was super easy to talk to. They just had that nice flow between themselves.

"So, uhm, are you busy after school?" Taehyung suddenly asked.

Now Jungkook was worried. Was he a ert? "Why?" he asked, suspicious of the other student.

Taehyung laughed again. "I just wanted to show you around here," he smiled sweetly, "or do you prefer me as your personal guide everyday?"

They both started chuckling, and Jungkook felt stupid for doubting him so quickly. "That'd be nice, yeah," he agreed whilst grinning, "thank you Taehyung."

The bell rang, signalling for next class, and the males had to separate. "Where's your classroom?" Jungkook asked his guide.

"Next to yours," he replied, "but just wait by your locker to put your books away and I'll meet you there."

Jungkook nodded with a grin; he didn't even try to hide his happy smile that the other student was responsible for. He was glad he didn't have to ask anything to show him around to be a burden, but when Taehyung suggested showing him around himself, it really made Jungkook happy. The fact that he wanted to show him around was enough to brighten his day so far.

The next class was History, which was in the same classroom with same seats, but different teacher.

The carrot boy was already sitting on his seat, and he smiled towards Jungkook when he made his way towards his seat next to him. "Hey," he whispered as he sat down.

"Hey," he greeted back with a polite nod. He remembered what Taehyung said about him and decided to give him a chance, since he seemed genuinely like a nice person.

"I called for you in the cafeteria, but you didn't seem to have noticed me," he laughed it off, but still waited for Jungkook to explain himself.

He nodded nervously.  "Yeah, sorry about that. I saw you, but I was already sitting with Taehyung," he explained apologetically, "besides, you were with your friends, and Taehyung was alone."

Jimin smiled whilst retreating by sitting further in his chair. "I understand," he mumbled, "but how do you know him?"

Just the thought of how nice Taehyung was to him earlier today made him smile cutely from ear to ear. "He helped me out this morning," he grinned.

Jimin seemed surprised by his remark. "So, you don't really know him?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, we talked a lot about ourselves during lunch, so we're getting to know each other," he said hesitantly. "Why?" Why was he asking me so much about Taehyung?

"Oh, uh, nothing," he quickly added. "I just think you should be careful around him. You shouldn't really befriend Kim Taehyung." Jungkook couldn't believe his ears. Did the carrot head really just say that to him?

The raven haired male snorted. "What?" he asked offended. "Are you really telling me who I should befriend?" Now he was pissed off.

"What? No, I'm just - "

"I really don't appreciate you telling me who I should be friends with or not, and that is certainly not making me want to be friends with you either," Jungkook said through his gritted teeth. "I can't believe you. Taehyung was praising you, telling me you're such a great and nice guy, and that I should give you a chance, but here you are, talking behind his back!" Jimin was speechless by the angry boy. "Do you have a history together or something? Why do you hate him?"

Jimin stared at him, almost glaring. "I don't hate Taehyung," he said sternly, "I'm just telling you to be careful around him."

Jungkook laughed. Careful? "What, he's going to hurt me or something?" Jimin went silent; he closed his opened mouth whilst swallowing. "I can take care of myself, thank you, and I can pick out my own friends."

For the rest of the classes, Jungkook ignored Jimin, who would over again apologise, but Jungkook was already fed up with him and his rudeness towards Taehyung.

 

When the class ended, Jungkook fled the classroom and strolled over to his locker. He literally threw his History book into the it, smashing it close, and turned around as he kept a close eye on the classroom next door.

Taehyung appeared not long after as he headed straight for his locker and threw his book in as well. Somehow he seemed a bit different, but the boy shook the feeling off, and continued to watch the other student.

As Jungkook's eyes were fixed on the boy, he didn't notice himself subtly fixing his hair, making sure it wasn't standing all over like it did this morning.

Taehyung turned around and headed towards his direction. The dark haired boy put on his smile, but it was weird; Taehyung wasn't looking at him, at all. Even the way he walked was different as well, and Jungkook thought he looked more...confident? Just when Taehyung was in front of him, he was about to greet him, but to his surprise, he just passed him, without even sparing a glance at him.

"Taehyung?" he called after him, and even some of his classmates turned towards him, along with the student who just ignored him.

"What?" he asked. It wasn't like before. Taehyung's eyes were filled with warmness. Now, he didn't show anything but coldness.

"Did you forget? You were going to show me around?" he asked, unsure.

He scoffed. "When did I say that?"

Jungkook frowned. Did he hear wrongly before? Or maybe he misjudged? The male started to walk again, but Jungkook called after him once more. "Kim Taehyung!"

He stopped again, and without any warning, he walked closer towards the dark haired boy whilst smirking, pinning him against the locker. Some of the other students were watching them with widened eyes, though no one did anything. "I..." he started off. "My name is not Taehyung," he whispered in his ear. "My name is V."

Jungkook almost went speechless. How much could a person change their appearance so much? "Is...this a joke? Is this supposed to be funny?" Jungkook felt offended. Was it that much fun to tease the new guy?

Taehyung smirked whilst snickering lightly as he backed away from him. "I am certainly entertained." And with just that, the male disappeared from his sight.

Stunned, Jungkook just silently made his own move as well, not noticing a certain mint haired male further away witnessing their scene.