I do

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

”Ⓙungkookie?” This voice definitely didn’t belong to V.

Jungkook’s eyes shot open right away, locking gaze with the male over him. They both stared in each other’s eyes surprised. “Tae - Taehyung?” he asked, which the other responded with a nod to.

“What did he do to you?” he asked, immediately climbing off of his friend as they both sat up. “Did he touch you? Why did he kiss you? Why didn’t you push him off?” Taehyung attacked him with questions, and Jungkook couldn’t help but to feel dizzy, and slightly irritated.

“I couldn’t do anything because he pinned me against the bed! All I could do was to pray you’d appear, and you did. And nothing happened,” he added quickly, “and why did you let him appear anyways? V said it was because of me, but what did I do? Yes, I ran away after you kissed me, but who wouldn’t! Didn’t you think I’d be embarrassed?” he kept yelling, making his friend speechless. “But you just avoided me and let your feelings get out of hand and he could appear!” Jungkook had no idea what he was talking about. Why did he blame Taehyung for this? Why did he just say everything on his mind right now in front of him? If he kept going, he’d just make a fool out of himself, and maybe even make Taehyung hate him.

“How do you think I’d feel when you just ran away like that? Of course it’s an obvious sign of rejection!” Taehyung argued back, seeming just as pissed as Jungkook.

“It’s not a sign of rejection, it’s a sign of embarrassment! Ever heard of that before, huh? Maybe you can’t tell them apart because you’re always alone!” Jungkook yelled. He knew he was going to far. Why did he mention that? Now the poor boy would be hurt.

“How could I possibly tell that apart when you just disappeared and never talked to me for the rest of the week!”

Taehyung was right. Even if Jungkook didn’t mean it, he rejected him over his actions. But did Jungkook want to reject him? Or did he want to accept him?

Accent him with what, exactly? When Taehyung kissed him, what did he mean by that? Did he mean that he had feelings for Jungkook? Or didn’t he really think that much through himself?

Jungkook definitely didn’t think it through. He was just too embarrassed. Embarrassed over the fact that they had kissed, and he wasn’t mentally prepared for the conversation that was going to happen afterwards. And he was embarrassed that he enjoyed the kiss, probably more than he should’ve.

“Why did you kiss me anyways? To make fun of me? To embarrass me? To make me even more emotional than I already was when I told you my biggest secret?” he still argued.

Taehyung frowned as his face stiffened. “I obviously kissed you because I like you!” he yelled, still sounding angry. “Why did you run away? Because you were disgusted? Because you were embarrassed someone might’ve seen us? And it made you mad, and then avoided me like I’m the freakin’ plague?”

“Obviously because I was embarrassed! And you know why I was embarrassed? Because I like you!”

Both of them fell silent; none of them really being aware of the confessions that were happening in front of each other - only until they both had calmed down and thought through their conversation they just shared.

As both of them realised what they had been saying – or rather argued about – both males were a blushing mess.

Had they both confessed to the other? Jungkook wasn’t even aware he fancied this boy, and now he had just blurted it out? Why? Was it because he was pressured to it in the conversation, or was it his true feelings?

He’d want to at least discuss it with himself before letting Taehyung know anything. This is just pure embarrassing.

“So,” he started off after they had been silent for at least two minutes. “Did you mean that?”

Jungkook’s face was burning hot. “Mean what?” he asked stupidly.

“That you like me?”

“Did you mean it?”

“What?”

“That you like me?”

They both fell silent again. None of them spoke again and thought it through.

“I do.”

“What?”

“Like you.”

Jungkook didn’t dare to say anything back. Should he have said the same? That he meant it?

But he wasn’t sure. He doubted himself too much. He didn’t want to give Taehyung false hopes, therefore he remained silent.

“But you don’t,” Taehyung muttered, not even trying to hide his disappointment.

“Taehyung,” Jungkook started, “I’ve never liked anyone before, so it’s too foreign to me. I’m not even sure about it myself,” he defended himself, hoping Taehyung wouldn’t hold it against him. The last thing he wanted was to make Taehyung angry with him again; he still wanted to be close to him; he meant too much to the raven haired boy.

But the problem was that Taehyung wanted more, or possibly nothing at all if he didn’t feel the same way back.

Basically, it all depends on me…

“I really want to be your friend,” Jungkook said, “but I’d need time to think it through bef - “ Jungkook was interrupted, and it was Taehyung who interrupted him with a sudden kiss.

Jungkook’s eyes were wide open in surprise; he could tell it was still Taehyung, and his eyes were closed, trying to be dominating. He wanted Jungkook to relax and give in, but he was too embarrassed and scared to do anything.

Taehyung was already on top of him on the bed, and Jungkook had no choice than to lay still and wait for the other to stop.

Not long after, Taehyung broke the kiss off and pulled back to look at Jungkook. “If you liked that, then you already have an answer, don’t you?” he whispered, smirking slightly. For a split second, Jungkook thought V had appeared again, but he could still tell the careful and intimidating eyes, which belonged to his Taehyung.

My Taehyung? Have I gone crazy?

“Taehyungie, I - I really need time to myself,” Jungkook repeated, still trapped between the bed and his friend.

Taehyung raised his one eyebrow. “Need time?” he asked. “What more time do you need to think? To imagine what kind of relationship it’d be with me? To imagine what other people would say? To imagine what your beloved ones would think of you - “

“No!” Jungkook yelled as he pushed him off him. “I need time to think because I don’t want to hurt you!” he confessed.

Taehyung was gaping at him awestruck. “What?” he managed to whisper out.

Jungkook stood up, but he didn’t dare meeting the other’s gaze. “I don’t want to hurt your feelings, that’s why I need time to think. Not because of me, but to make sure I won’t harm you in any way.”

Taehyung wasn’t sure where the logic of Jungkook was at, but he didn’t protest. All he did was to think of him, which Taehyung couldn’t stop him doing. “Thanks, Jungkookie,” he said softly as he stood up as well and brought him into a hug. “You should probably go now.”

Jungkook didn’t move an inch. Did he hurt his feelings? “Taehyungie - “

“Just leave Jungkook. I’ll give you time.” He started pushing him towards the door and shut the door as soon as he was out of the room. The moment the door closed, Jungkook pressed his ear against it, and what he heard made his eyes widen: Taehyung was crying.

 

The sound of his tears and sniffing made Jungkook want to cry as well. What had he done? How did he manage to continue to hurt his friend like this?

Jungkook and Taehyung had been friends around two weeks now, but ever since their very first conversation, Jungkook had always been excited to talk to this male. He never regretted one second he befriended him. Not when Jimin told him to stay away. Not even when Taehyung himself told him to stay away. Not when he learned Taehyung had another personality called V. Not when he kissed him, nor when he confessed to him.

He could never dare to tell himself he didn’t want Taehyung in his life. But were all of his strong feelings from friendship, or love?

Jungkook has had friends before, but he never really cared that much of them. Sure, they hung out, but he never really enjoyed their company; not as much as Taehyung anyways.

Did he really have such feelings for the other male? Or did he fool himself for real friendship?

“I do!” Jungkook suddenly yelled as he bursted the door open, startling the male inside over his actions, but he didn’t stop approaching him.

Taehyung didn’t even seem to have time to react that his face were covered in his tears and tried to dry them before Jungkook would notice, but Jungkook was already standing very close to him. “What?” he asked still shocked, as he believed his friend had left his home already.

“I do,” Jungkook repeated, “mean it.”

“You mean it?”

“Yes,” he said, “I do like you. I don’t want to be separated from you. I don’t want to leave you alone. I don’t want to hurt you. I want to bring you all the happiness I can possibly give you. I want to help you through your hard times. I want to do everything for you, so please stop crying Taehyungie,” he begged as he dried his wet face with his thumbs and by the help of his sleeve on his jumper.

“Are you saying that because of me? Because you think I’d hate you for not having the same feelings as I do?” Taehyung asked, stopping Jungkook as he grabbed his hands, but Jungkook just intertwined their fingers together and leaned his forehead against Taehyung’s.

“I do mean it. Really,” he whispered, “don’t you trust me?”

Taehyung was almost lost at words. “I - I trust you,”  he stuttered, slightly embarrassed and flustered.

This time Jungkook wanted to be the one to be brave. Slowly, but surely, he closed the gap of their lips and kissed him sweetly.