Let them help

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓝot longer after lunch arrived, Jimin listened to Jungkook as he came to look for him, ready to answer his previous questions.

"All right, no more interruptions," Jungkook said as he crossed his arms over his chest, ready to listen to the other.

Jimin looked around before starting with his story. "About how I met V,” he started, looking up to the ceiling as he thought, "well, I knew him since Taehyung. We were friends in the past, as you already know, and he came after a while. When I first met him, I found him scary and difficult to communicate with, and I was slightly growing more scared of him as time passed, but eventually I managed to befriend him." Jungkook's eyes widen interested as he was making sure he was listening closely to learn more about V and how to deal with him. "He's a strong character, but as a personality, he has a weakness. He looked at me as his only friend, but I realised as time passed that he started to develop feelings for me, which I looked at as bad, since I thought Taehyung was doing so too.

"I was already crushing on someone else, Yoongi who's now my boyfriend but I hadn't confessed until longer after, but I didn't want my best friend to like me in that way, and I didn't realise I was distancing myself to him. I knew he was turning sadder, and V madder. I felt guilty and I tried making it better for him, but he suddenly turned his back to me as I hurt him without realising it. He saw how happy I was with my new friends, and he didn't want to stop me from spending time with them, and eventually he refused to even talk to me in public. I stopped trying to reach him as he only rejected my company, so I lost hope until V suddenly called me, pretending to be Taehyung. I met with him of course, but I realised immediately it was V as our eyes met, and I tried going away as I knew he was getting more dangerous, as Taehyung had mentioned. He, however, told me I shouldn't stop talking to him as it'd only hurt Taehyung. He said if I ignored them both, he'd become stronger. I didn't of course realise I was doing the complete opposite back then, only making him stronger, and I stopped meeting him after I did realise so.

"So, yeah, I stopped seeing him after I knew what I was doing was wrong, so I told V I was moving because of my family, and I prayed he wouldn't see me again at school as I always avoided Taehyung, and he me, so V wouldn't have had the chance of seeing me again."

Jungkook sat there completely speechless. There was so much to take in. And he didn't blame Jimin completely either; he didn't realise what he was doing was wrong, but rather a favour - a favour Taehyung didn't know anything about - but he was in fact making V only stronger. "So, V fell for you during the time you spent together then? It's that why he's obsessed with you?" Jungkook asked, still eyes wide open.

"I guess. But I never loved either of them in that way." Suddenly Jimin's expression turned darker, and he was staring intently at Jungkook before speaking. "I've always had my own crush, and I certainly don't want V to ruin my relationship with my boyfriend, so I'd rather stay away from both of them to protect him. V can do a lot of crazy things, including beating the crap out of my boyfriend."

Jungkook nodded in agreement. He could understand that. If V were an own person and he was a threat to Taehyung, he'd do anything to prevent him to hurt him. Even if they're the same person, Jungkook still wanted to protect his boyfriend, although the real situation was a lot harder to do so.

"Thanks Jimin," Jungkook smiled sincerely to him, "I really appreciate you telling me this. I really want to protect and help him."

Jimin smiled back. "I want him to be happy and healthy again, and I'm sure he will with you around him. Good luck, and call me if you're wondering about anything else or need my help. I'll do whatever I can," he smiled as he gave Jungkook a piece of paper as he stood up and left.

Jungkook sat alone at the table, staring at the paper. Before he'd lose it, he added his phone number, hoping it wouldn't come to use; he wanted to do this by himself without the other's help, but he didn't know whether that was too much to ask for or not.

 

Later the same day, Jungkook went over to Taehyung's house who was down with the flu, and was staying home from school. Although he wanted him to stay away so Jungkook wouldn't catch it as well, he just kept on insisting coming over as he wanted to see him.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as soon as he arrived to his room, placing a hand on his forehead.

"Cold, but also warm," he muttered, more huskier than normal, which definitely was pleasing the male’s ears.

"Let me get you some water," he said, but before he could get up from the bed, Taehyung grabbed his hand to prevent him into standing up.

"I have on the nightstand, so please don't get up," he begged like Jungkook would leave him forever, but he only smiled in return and nodded as he went back to cuddling with him.

Taehyung rested his head on Jungkook's chest, almost falling asleep at any moment.

"You asleep?" Jungkook whispered.

"Yes," Taehyung hummed, not moving one bit.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Aren't you asking already?" Taehyung whispered, chuckling slightly at his own reply.

"Have you ever managed to communicate with V?" he asked, carefully watching the back of his boyfriend's head as he was laying completely still, barely seeming to respond to the question, but the male's eyes were wide open.

"I have, yeah," he responded after a long break, "I used to try and write to him. I kept notes and such around the room, hoping he'd read them, and he did respond at times, but not always," he explained.

"What did you tell him? And what did he respond with?"

"I asked him if he was lonely once," Taehyung said, "and he responded 'yes'."

Jungkook's heart dropped at once. V felt lonely when he wasn't with Jimin, and when he didn't talk to anyone. "Does he talk with your family?"

"No, not really. The closest he does is when he's hungry and goes downstairs, but they usually avoid him as he avoids them as well, especially my brothers." Suddenly, Taehyung remembered something. "Actually, he's had a fight with Daehyun once," he said, "Daehyun had a boyfriend over, Youngjae, and V kept on provoking them, until Daehyun was so pissed he punched him, but V fought back as well."

Jungkook was listening closely. "Did anything happen that day?"

"I was hit by a classmate," he told him.

Jungkook flinched like someone jump-scared him. "What? Why?"

"It was just a small fight," he added calmly, "he kept on saying how dangerous I was because I had two personalities and that I should quit school and move into a mental hospital, and I just said that I wasn't less normal than he was, and he apparently took it as an insult to him, so he threw in for the punch."

"Did you fight back?" Jungkook asked.

"No," he muttered, "I don't fight back. I don't believe it'd solve anything."

Jungkook smiled at his remark. There should be more people like him in this world, he thought with a soft smile.

 

Not longer after, the two males fell asleep, still cuddling. Although Jungkook suddenly started to feel cold over his torso area, he realised his boyfriend had left him, and he opened his eyes: Taehyung was nowhere in sight.

"Did he go down?" Jungkook mumbled to himself as he stretched with a slight yawn and sat up in bed. He was about to jump off, until a certain voice started speaking right below him on the floor.

"Yup, down is right."

Jungkook let out an sudden unmanly scream, which surprised both of them, and the other glared up at him. "You should be glad I didn't strangle you in your sleep. Do you realise how disgusted I felt when I woke up, practically lying on top of you?" The male showed an obvious sign like he was going to throw up, which made Jungkook roll his eyes at his remark.

"What are you doing here?" he asked bored.

"I live here," he said.

Jungkook stared at him. "Taehyung lives here."

"I am Taehyung, genius," he laughed.

"Thought you told me you were your own personality and you owned your body? Now you are Taehyung?" Jungkook sassed him.

For the first time, Jungkook saw V flushing embarrassed. "I obviously meant he's me," he muttered, more grumpy than ever.

"How come you're down there anyways?" Jungkook asked curiously. Why didn't he wake him up or moved him at least?

"I tried moving you, but you're so damn heavy I gave up. I feel so tired. What's wrong with Taehyung?" he changed the subject.

"Got the flu," Jungkook replied, surprised at how chatty the other was towards him. He expected it to be difficult to communicate with him, but it was surprisingly easy.

"He's so careless it's ridiculous," he laughed again, "he always gets sick."

"And you don't want to be sick because of him?" Jungkook asked, trying not to let the conversation die out.

"Exactly," he replied.

"I thought you hated me," Jungkook commented, trying to find anything to talk about.

"I do," he said, "but Taehyung doesn't."

"What does that have anything to do with it?" he asked confused.

V sighed as he sat up, staring back up at him. "Because when Taehyung likes someone, I can't hate that person with passion, you know. Even if I personally hate you, I can't hate you as much as a normal human being does, so it's more just at the level of dislike I believe," he explained.

Jungkook mentally noted it down. "Aw, so you don't hate me," he grinned at him.

"I just said I hate you," he snorted as he rolled his eyes.

"And yet you don't," he smirked.

V rolled his eyes again, giving up on the stubborn boy. "Can you please keep quiet, I'm trying to sleep away the flu."

"Then get up here so you'll have something soft and warm to lie on," Jungkook suggested.

"I'd rather be down here, thanks," he replied sarcastically.

"You'll never get better if you sleep on the cold floor you know, and you'll just drag on the flu.”

V sighed in defeat as he climbed back on top of the bed and lay down beside the other. "Are you two together?" V asked suddenly, still having his eyes closed.

"Taehyung and I?" he asked, which V nodded to. "Yes."

"Finally," he giggled, "he's been crushing on you for so long."

"How would you know that?"

"He keeps writing your name on his notebook when doing homework and such. Pathetic to be honest, but kind of cute. I've never seen him act like that before."

Surprisingly, V didn't laugh sarcastically, or a mean laugh, but rather a genuine sweet chuckle, like they were brothers, and he was proud of him for once, which only made Jungkook frown.

"You don't really dislike Taehyung, do you," he smiled at him.

V had opened his eyes and turned toward the other, and their eyes met for the first time that day as the bad boy had kept avoiding his eyes. "I don't dislike Taehyung, that'd be disliking myself," he smirked. "I just don't like the things he does. Like when he got hit by his classmate over an misunderstanding. I'd beat him up, but he chose to walk away like a weakling."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at him angrily. "Taehyung's not the weak one here," he snapped, "it takes strength to hold your anger back and not do whatever your mind and emotions wants to do at that exact moment, but rather think of the consequences that follows and deals with it professionally. Taehyung's stronger than you think, and you're weaker than you think."

V stared at him amazed, not expecting him to talk back to him like that. It made him reflect for a moment; although he knew what he said made sense, he didn't want to admit it to neither Jungkook nor himself. "Shut up already."

"I don't think you get it," Jungkook continued, "you believe strength comes from having the strongest body, being the strongest in fights, winning the fights, and so on. But real strength comes from your character and passion. It comes from your mind. It comes from kindness."

"Fine, I'll kindly let you go this time and sleep," V snapped back.

This time Jungkook couldn't just back down. "I'm talking to you here!"

V sat up immediately and glared at him. "You wanna go pal? You think you can win over me?"

Jungkook scoffed. "See? That's exactly what I'm talking about!"

"What?" he barked angrily.

"You jump to fights immediately. You can't deal talking? Is that why?" he kept going, ignoring the other's glares, "you have a short temper, and you want to fight rather than using your words. You don't have the strength to hold yourself back, because that's what Taehyung has, and you're like ying and yang, completely opposite, and that's why the opposite things are happening to you two."

"What do you mean?" V growled at him.

"I'm talking about when you met up with Jimin back then, whilst Taehyung was all alone. But now Taehyung has me, and you have no one."

Jungkook was sure V was close to crying. My plan's going way more perfectly than I thought.

"But do you know how to fix that? You can let other's in. You can accept what I just said, and choose not to lock yourself in, but let the people around you help you. You can let me help you; help you both."

V finally broke down in tears. He didn't glare at the other threateningly anymore; he cried as if he had never cried before, which wouldn't really surprise Jungkook. He sat completely still, and he was questioning whether to lean in to comfort him, or to leave him alone. But then he thought of what he just said: he had no one.