The dinner meal

Good boy VS bad boy (VKook fanfic/BTS)

Ⓣhe time showed 4:25 pm, which was the time Jungkook bolted towards the hallway and shoved his shoes on his feet. “I’ll be going!” Jungkook yelled out as he was on his way to Taehyung’s family house. Taehyung had called him earlier and told him to meet him at their meeting point half an hour earlier so he could lead them towards his house.

“Have fun! And remember, be careful,” aunt Hani yelled back whilst waving.

The male quickly exited and headed over to the meeting point with Taehyung.

Jungkook was actually not the first one to arrive; surprisingly, Taehyung was already standing there, waiting for him.

“You’re here already?” Jungkook asked surprised. “I thought I’d arrive early so you wouldn’t have to wait for me.”

“I thought so too,” Taehyung said, blushing slightly, which Jungkook didn’t notice at all. “Let’s go!”

On their way to Taehyung’s house, they shared at awkward silence; Jungkook was too nervous about coming over, whilst Taehyung was nervous about something else happening – or more correctly - interrupting them.

“All right, I need to tell you about my brothers,” Taehyung suddenly said as they were right in front of the house, right outside the entrance.

But before Taehyung had a chance of saying anything else, the door suddenly burst open, and Jungkook was literally attacked by his family.

Jungkook, the scaredy cat, shut his eyes tightly as he was nearly thrown to the ground by the bodies that wanted to hug him first.

“Get out of the way stupid! I want to greet him first!” one male voice said, which Jungkook assumed came from one of Taehyung’s brothers.

“No way!” the other said, “I want to greet him first!”

“I wouldn’t say attacking him is a form of greeting someone though!” Taehyung scolded them. Finally they all released him from their grips and stood nicely by the door in a line. “Thank God,” Jungkook heard Taehyung mutter, probably to himself rather than his family.

“Hello Jeon Jungkook!” greeted his cheery mother. “I’ve really been looking forward to meeting you!”

Jungkook bowed deep to her. “Me too, Mrs Kim,” he smiled back as they shook hands.

Then his father appeared. “Nice to meet you. Thank you for taking care of my son,” he smiled politely, which Jungkook returned.

“Oi! My turn!” one of the brothers pushed the other and stood right in front of Jungkook. “I can’t believe it, Taehyung wasn’t lying,” he smirked as he touched Jungkook everywhere, as if he was checking if Jungkook was a real human being.

“No way!” the other said as he appeared from behind the other. “Isn’t it a hologram?”

“Guys!” Taehyung barked. “Don’t make him feel uncomfortable!”

“Sorry,” they said in union.

Taehyung sighed. “Jungkook, this is my middle eldest brother, Daehyun,” he pointed at the tallest one of them, who smiled brightly at Jungkook.

“Sup!” he greeted, but didn’t come forward anymore.

“And this is our eldest brother, Baekhyun,” he ended and pointed at the other one, who was smiling at him with a triangle eye-smile. Jungkook had to be honest that he thought Daehyun was the eldest one, but he was wrong.

“Nice to meet you,” Jungkook said loudly and bowed deeply to his friend’s family. He certainly didn’t want them to think badly of him.

“Come inside,” his mother gestured for them to - finally - go inside.

“I’m sorry about them,” Taehyung apologised, only for Jungkook to hear. “I was going to warn you about my brothers. They always gang up on me to tease me. Of course they suspected I was lying about gaining a new friend, and it was their idea of inviting you here to prove of your existence. At first I protested, because it’d mostly make you feel uncomfortable, but then suddenly my parents agreed to the idea of meeting you, so I had no choice.”

Jungkook didn’t like the idea of Taehyung thinking of him coming was burdensome to him. “I’m perfectly fine, don’t worry. I agreed to come anyways, right? So don’t think of it in the wrong way,” Jungkook reassured him, which made him smile brightly.

“Thanks Jungkookie.”

 

They all seated themselves at the big table where Mrs Kim served the food. They all started eating, and luckily at least one person talked to avoid the classic awkward silence.

“Did you just recently move here?” Baekhyun asked curiously, and everyone’s attention turned towards Jungkook.

“Y - yeah,” he answered nervously.

“Is it because of your parents’ jobs?” Daehyun asked further, which only made Jungkook uncomfortable.

“N - …no,” he muttered.

“Guys, please, stop with the personal questions,” Taehyung scolded them. “Talk about yourself, not him.”

“Fine,” they muttered disappointed.

“I’m the eldest and I’m already in college,” Baekhyun grinned.

“I’m in college too!” Daehyun interrupted.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “But I’m still older! And more experienced,” he announced proudly.

“By one year!” Daehyun scuffed.

From the corner of Jungkook’s eyes, he could see Taehyung was silently keeping to himself. As the male sat beside him, he gently placed a hand on his lap to gain his attention, which worked. The raven haired male sent him a comforting smile, which Taehyung returned, and they continued to eat.

Jungkook could still tell Taehyung was starting to act more strangely. When he glanced at the family to see if they noticed as well, they all seemed to be quite nervous as well.

“Jungkook,” Mr Kim suddenly called, receiving a curious look from the younger boy. “Has Taehyung told you…anything? You know, something about himself?”

Before Jungkook could even answer, Taehyung had suddenly smashed his hands on the table, causing a lot of noise from his plate and cutlery; his expression had completely changed from the sweet and innocent look to a complete sour and irritated look.

“Good,” Baekhyun said sarcastically whilst rolling his eyes.

“Exactly what we needed,” Daehyun followed, “a new guest.”

Jungkook’s eyes widen. A new guest? What did they mean?

“Baekhyun and Daehyun!” his mother yelled, “you know perfectly well not what to say!”

Jungkook was left completely confused. “Hey, Taehyung, what are they talking about?” Jungkook whispered as he leaned a bit closer to his friend beside him, who turned towards him with a blank expression.

“Oh, it’s you?” he muttered, but completely unamused.

“Yeah? Did you fall asleep or something?” Jungkook asked, more confused than ever.

“Something like that,” he replied. “Oh? We’re eating? Great, I’m hungry. What did that idiot do, go starving himself all day,” he muttered, mostly to himself. But Jungkook didn’t get what he was talking about.

“What? Who’re you talking about Taehyung?”

Taehyung looked back at him, this time looking rather irritated than blankly. “We’ve met before; I’m surprised you don’t remember. And stop calling me Taehyung.”

Before Jungkook could ask any further, Mr Kim suddenly forced him on his feet, and then he dragged him towards the kitchen. It was further away from the eating table, and therefore the others wouldn’t hear them.

“I’ve understood Taehyung hasn’t told you anything, and it’s not my place to do so either, but I highly recommend you’ll be going home right now Jungkook.”

Jungkook’s eyes widen in surprise of what Mr Kim was saying to him. “What? Why? Is Taehyung okay?” he asked worriedly as he tried to glance at him from around the corner, but Mr Kim stopped him.

“He’s perfectly fine, but please go home now. You can talk to Taehyung yourself on Monday, if he wants to.”

And with that, Jungkook was - literally - thrown out.

 

When he arrived back home, he burst the front door opened, which seemed to have startled aunt Hani in the longue.

“Jungkook-ah? What are you doing home so early?” she asked surprised, muting the television, but Jungkook was headed straight for his room anyways.

“I was thrown out,” he replied - rather angrily - and smashing the door to his room harshly and immediately opened his laptop.

Jungkook was definitely finding this out himself; there was no way Taehyung would tell him much on Monday anyways. He’d make up an excuse, but this time, Jungkook was going to know before they’d meet up again.