Chapter 6

Well, well, well, What do we have here, hm?

Finally, the day has come to give the other team their punishment for losing the game. Since it was Minseok’s idea, the blue team decided together to let Minseok be responsible for bringing the cat ears to school.

 

Luckily, they have homeroom class the first period, meaning they can just give them the item to wear already -

 

“Oh no!” Minseok suddenly exclaims, stopping on his tracks towards his desk. The once happy boy is now looking pretty sad and very worried.

 

“What’s wrong baozi?” Luhan, who was waiting for Minseok by his desk, walks quickly over towards the smaller with a worried expression on his face.

 

“K-Kyungsoo is in another class and t-the only one in the losing team.” He ends his sentence with a soft tone sounding really upset about this.

 

- Well, except for one then.

 

(Reminder:

Homeroom class= Baekhyun, Luhan, Zitao, Jongdae, Sehun, Joonmyun, Yifan and Minseok. Other class= Yixing, Chanyeol, Jongin, Kyungsoo.

Blue team(won)= Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Jongin.

Red team(lost)= Junmyeon, Yifan , Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Tao)

 

“Oh yeah, that’s true.” Jongdae joins them.

 

“It’ll be okay, Baozi.” Luhan tries to assure the smaller one. “Just wait and see, it’ll be over before you even know it.”

 

“I feel bad now for him… This was also my idea..” It looks like Minseok is about to tear up. Both Luhan and Jongdae are surprised seeing Minseok’s watery eyes. They start to panic.

 

“Please don’t be like that~.” Both of them start.

 

“Yeah, if it wasn’t for you,” Luhan takes it over and continues, “the other guys would have underwent a much more embarrassing and a way harder punishment. Poor Tao is still traumatized from last time. You actually helped a lot with your idea. You being here helped them. You being here helped us. So please don’t be sad. Your idea is perfect. I’m sure it won’t be so embarrassing for them. Let’s just wait and see for ourselves, alright?” Luhan says with a gentle voice and smile, patting Minseok’s head in a soothing manner.

 

“Luhan’s right. You’ve actually helped a lot with your adorable idea.” Jongdae agrees and pats Minseok’s back and ruffles his hair.

 

“R-Really? Thank you, guys. This really helped.” Minseok shows them his cute gummy smile and is happy again. Seeing his smile, the two sigh in relief. Happy Minseok is the best Minseok.

 

Baekhyun enters the classroom together with Yifan, Zitao, Junmyeon and Sehun. They make their way towards the trio once they spotted them. They greet each other with a ‘hey!’ and a warm hug. Their eyes avert to the bag in Minseok’s right hand. Picking up on the clue, Minseok takes out the contents of the bag on his desk. There are six cat ears lying there on the table. Two black ones, two dark brown ones and two blonde ones. Each of them matching their owners hair colour. Upon seeing the items, the boy’s eyes shine with awe. These are so cute! Of course, they’re not gonna say that out loud -

 

“Oh my god! These are so cute!” Tao exclaims.

 

- Or so they thought.

 

“You’re right.” Junmyeon agrees, his eyes scanning over the items carefully, taking in every detail.

 

“R-Really? You like them?” Minseok asks curiously, his eyes shining brightly.

 

“Yeah, of course! I want this one.” Tao exclaims and picks up a furry blonde one with white flowers decorating it. He puts it on his head and immediately takes his phone out of his pocket to use it as a mirror. A happy and satisfied smile settles on his face, clearly liking it. Now he’s already unlocked his phone to take some pictures. He goes towards Minseok and picks a furry black one with pink ribbons and places it carefully on his small head.

 

“Ahw~ Minnie~ So cute!” Tao envelops the smaller into a big warm hug and squishes his cute plump cheeks. He then releases the hug and places an arm around the smaller one, his other hand holding his phone and takes a few pictures of themselves. “I’m gonna post this.”

 

Luhan watches from the sides together with the others, feeling left behind. Junmyeon, also wanting to take a selfie with the adorable little boy, picks out the black furred cat ears with white ribbons, places it on his head and goes towards Minseok. He repeats the same process like Tao just did.

 

“Hey, we’re also here, you know?” Jongdae says, feeling left out. Hearing this, Junmyeon goes to stand on the table and adjusts his hand so that everyone is able to come into the picture. He takes some normal ones, some funny ones and oh god, also some very very cute ones where all the boys do aegyo, even Luhan, Sehun and Yifan. “Let me see! Let me see!” Tao tries to get Junmyeon’s phone out of his hands. “Oi! Okay, okay, okay, wait, I’ll put it in the groupchat.” Junmyeon says while trying to protect his phone from the younger’s hands. “Okay.” He immediately stops. “Wait…” Tao trails off, “Oh! That’s right we-”

 

-”We don’t have Baozi’s number.” Luhan beats him to it. The boys exchange phone numbers and Minseok is immediately added in the groupchat. Yifan chooses the brown furred cat ears with black roses, Baekhyun picks the one other brown one with black ribbons and Sehun picks the blonde furred one with black ribbons. The teacher comes into the classroom and everyone takes their seats. The teacher sends the boys a questioning look.

 

“What’s with the cat ears?” Her question makes everyone in the classroom look towards the group of boys. Some were laughing at them but most of them, especially the girls, were squealing and dying from the cuteness.

 

“We lost a bet.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Halfway in the lesson and Minseok needs to use the bathroom. He walks along the hallway while humming to himself. Once he enters, he stops in his tracks. There, he sees seven taller boys. Feeling intimidated, he slowly backs away but then one of the boys notices him. Minseok gulps. The one who noticed him signals to his friends and they stopped talking and turn towards the intruder.

 

“I-I-I’m sorry.” Minseok mumbles quickly and is about to get out but then suddenly a hand slams the door shut and Minseok finds himself trapped inside a big tall and very handsome boy. Kabe-don. Minseok looks up only to see hungry eyes staring right into his soul. This only makes the smaller boy shiver and more scared. “What do we have here, hm?”

 

“Oi, Namjoon. Leave that cutie alone. You’re scaring him.” The boy, who is named Namjoon, is being pulled back by his collar by one of his friends. “Are you okay? I’m really sorry for my friend here. I’m Seokjin.”

 

“T-Thank you. I’m M-Minseok. I’m really sorry for intruding.”

 

“No, please, there’s nothing to apologize for. We’re the ones who scared you.” Another boy replies. Minseok looks at him. Understanding the smaller’s stare, the boy introduces himself as Jimin. The others are Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook.

 

“How come I’ve never seen someone so cute like you around here before?” Yoongi asks while stepping closer towards Minseok. This makes the smaller blush.

 

“I’m new here.” He replies while trying not to look the boy in the eyes.

 

“Heh~ that makes sense.” Yoongi caresses the smaller’s right cheek gently. This sudden action makes the smaller look up to the boy and sees gentle eyes staring at him. “Minseok, huh? A beautiful name for a beautiful boy.” Now the smaller is completely red.

 

“Min Yoongi! I can’t believe you just said that!” Hoseok’s shout echoes in the big bathroom. The others look at the pair with wide eyes. Even though they’re shocked, their eyes also show some other deep emotion. They’re jealous.

 

“No fair..” Jimin mumbles off. Namjoon tsks.

 

Minseok just remains speechless. How does one respond in this kind of situation? Yoongi chuckles. He caresses his cheek one more time and then he ruffles his hair. “We’ll leave now so you can use the bathroom in peace. I’ll see you around.” Yoongi winks and motions to the other boys to leave the room. The others protest but one glare from Yoongi shuts them up and obey. They say their goodbyes and then the door closes with a click. Minseok just stays there frozen in the now empty bathroom.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Once Minseok got back, the lesson was already over and the students were busy packing their bags.

 

“Oh hey, Minseok!” Before Minseok was even halfway towards his desk, a gentle arm stopped him. He turned around and was met with bright shining eyes. “The teacher gave us these handouts while you were away. It’s for the homework.” Minseok takes the piece of paper with a small ‘thank you’ and a little bow with his head. “No need. How are you doing by the way? Are you already a bit used by your new school? Do you already know everyone’s names?” Minseok is a bit taken back by the many questions but shows his gummy smile eventually. This is the first time he talks with someone else from his class. It makes him happy. “I’m doing great, t-thank you. I still need to get used to this school but it’s going good so far. I still need to memorize some of the people’s n-names. But I know yours.” Hearing the last sentence makes the person jump up and down with a bright smile. “Irene, right?” Minseok tilts his head cutely, looking expectantly towards the girl in front of him. “That’s right! Oh my god, I’m so happy!” She takes Minseok’s hands and swings it from left to right. “You should come and sit with us sometime.” Minseok thanks her for the offer and they say their ‘goodbyes’. Of course, the boys were watching carefully at the pair. When the girl finally left, they sent her a glare.

 

“What took you so long?” Baekhyun immediately asks once he saw Minseok coming. The others also come standing by the two, forming a circle. The others also seem to be curious. The question makes the smaller blush and avert his eyes to the ground. Seeing this, the others feel a rush of emotions. Is he blushing? This is not because of the girl, right?

 

“W-Well, there were some guys in the bathroom…”Minseok mumbles.

 

“Guys? Who were they? Did they hurt you? Did they do something to you?” Luhan seems worried and there’s a slight tone of anger visible in his eyes. No one else shall touch what belongs to me.

 

Minseok tried to tell them to not worry about it but the boys were having none of it. Eventually, they managed to get the full story out of the smaller and all the boys were furious. They wanted to immediately find the group of boys but seeing Minseok’s hurt eyes, they gave in. Minseok didn’t want to cause the group any trouble. No one wants Minseok to feel bad.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

The boys are walking through the hallways towards their table. Upon arrival, they notice that a few are missing.

 

“Looking good with them ears.” This makes some of them snicker.

 

“Hey! Most people love it.” Baekhyun defends himself. “Especially Minnie here, right?” Baekhyun puts his arm around Minseok’s shoulders. The smaller laughs angelic and nods as a reply. The boys who were snickering just a few seconds before are now quiet and jealous. Why didn’t I lose?

 

“Where are Jongin and Kyungsoo?” Luhan asks the group.

 

“The teacher wanted to talk about something with them.” Chanyeol replies. After a few minutes the two boys arrive.

 

“What was that about?” Junmyeon asks.

 

“We’ve been chosen as the representatives for our class for the cultural festival.” Jongin answers.

 

“But that’s in like two months, right?” Jongdae asks.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Wait, that’s something the class should decide and not the teacher?” Tao is confused.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Stop with the lame replies, seriously.” Sehun says.

 

“Yeah.” Jongin earns a smack on his head.

 

Minseok stands up and walks up behind Kyungsoo. He carefully places the black furred cat ears with black roses on Kyungsoo’s head. He turns around and is met with a happy sight. “It suits you. Cute.” Minseok says with his gummy smile. Kyungsoo somehow doesn’t mind the punishment anymore. He’s blessed with Minseok’s ray of sunshine.

 

Luhan sits there restless and ticking the table with his chopsticks. He wants to do something but ‘the talk’ is holding him back. He knows the others also deserve the smaller’s attention. Oh how he wants to grab all those cat ears and be the only one wearing them so that his Baozi will pay more attention to him. Oh come on, this is not even a punishment. If Luhan wants something, he makes sure to get it. This time should be no different. Or so he thought. But Minseok is making him feel things he never really felt towards any other person. The feeling of wanting to protect someone, the feeling of wanting to take care of someone, the feeling of wanting to give all your love to someone, even being ready to take all the hurt just to be able to see him happy. The feeling of wanting to spoil him. He wants Minseok. Luhan doesn’t say much for the rest of the day. There’s just only one thing on his mind. Minseok. Oh well, on Saturday, he’ll get the smaller all for himself. He smiles gently.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

School ended with a smile to everyone’s faces. Everywhere were the red team walked, there would be girls squealing at the cute sight. This made the boys more confident, with wearing the items. But nothing beats a smile from Minseok. Nothing.

 

Once Minseok arrives home, he’s surprised that his brother is already there.

 

“Hyung!” Minseok runs towards his brother and gives him a tight warm hug. “I’m home.” His brother ruffles his hair. “Welcome home, Little one.” His brother kisses him on the forehead. “You’re early.” His brother nods. “Come on, I made food.” They eat while Minseok tells his brother about his day at school, making Seung-ho laugh.

 

After they finished eating their food. Minseok goes to his room to do his homework and chill. After a while his brother enters his room.

 

“You done?” Seung-ho gives the smaller a back hug. He nods.

 

“Wanna watch a movie?”

 

“Yes!”

 

The pair go to the living room where everything is already set. Halfway the movie, Minseok goes to sit on his brother's lap. Seung-ho wraps his arms around the smaller securely. Once the movie ended, Minseok was getting sleepy.

 

“Hey, you still there?” Seung-ho whispers. He gets a nod as a reply.

 

“Come on, let’s get you upstairs.” Seung-ho picks Minseok up in bridal style and brings him to the bathroom. He wants him to stand up so he can brush his teeth but Minseok is clinging to his brother like a cute little baby koala, refusing to let go. “Stand up, you need to brush your teeth.” The smaller shakes his head. “You do it for me.” Seung-ho sighs, but he gives in.

 

Finally, once the pair was done with their night routine (which wouldn’t have taken this long if Minseok wasn’t clinging like his life depended on it) Seung-ho wanted to place Minseok carefully in his bed but failed. Minseok pulled his brother down with him. “Sleep with me.” The pair cuddles up and Seung-ho places a gentle sweet kiss on Minseok’s temple. “Good night, Little one.” He smiles. “Good night, hyung.”

 

...

 

The next day everyone at school wears cat ears.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I want to apologize for any mistakes and if this update took too long. I wanted to finish this chapter a few days ago but like I said, I'm a lazy person.

I hope you guys stay healthy and have a good New Year!♥ AND FIND HAPPINESS/STAY HAPPY

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 

Please take care :)

Thank you all for the support! I LOVE YOU♥