Chapter 4

Well, well, well, What do we have here, hm?

A/N: First of all, I want to sincerely apologize for not updating this fic for about 5 months. I’m really ashamed of myself. Also, after this update I won’t be able to update very soon because of school (all teachers are like “yeah hand all these in in the same week”) But hopefully after maybe 2 weeks I‘ll be able to update again ^^

I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter x3 But if not, then please tell me so I can keep that in mind. I'm open for suggestions so if you have any feel free to tell me :)

I want to thank you all for subscribing, voting, commenting and supporting me♥♥♥ I love you all! <3 Please take care.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

Since there are only four players able to play on the Wii, they decide to play three rounds, each round having two players and four computer players play for their own team in the VS race mode. To win a prize, you should actually play four courses but they decided that the third course would be the last one. The players should aim to be the first one to get over the finish line. The player who ends up in first place will be granted fifteen points. The second player will get twelve points. The third one will get ten points. The fourth one will get nine points and this will go on until the last one, the one who ends up on twelfth place, will get one point.

                      

The group is finally ready. The first four players are Jongdae and Chanyeol, from the blue team, against Baekhyun and Kyungsoo from the red team. They start off with a beautiful course named DS Peach Gardens, from the Lightning Cup. It’s usually quite a peaceful course, despite the many obstacles. But not today. Not with these four boys who are about to play.

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

Go!

 

“No! Damn it!” Baekhyun had accidentally held the gas for too long, causing his vehicle to stall for a few seconds.   

 

“Well done, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo says sarcastically.

 

“Thanks, Beak.” Jongdae snickers.

 

The race is going smoothly for the blue team. Both Chanyeol and Jongdae manage to almost dodge all of the obstacles, causing both of them to be in the lead. Compared to the blue team, things aren’t looking that good for the red team. The start of the game wasn’t Baekhyun's only blunder. He successfully manages to bump into Kyungsoo numerous times as well as missing most of the item boxes throughout the course. Despite this, Kyungsoo still manages to come in third place and Baekhyun in seventh. After the first round, the red team scores 35 points while the blue team got 46 points.

 

“How did you even get in seventh place? Honestly, with your horrible skills I was sure you’d end up as last.” Jongin wonders. The group laughs at his remark.

 

“Yah! What do you mean horrible skills? I wasn’t feeling it today that’s all. Normally I always win without any troubles.” Baekhyun defends himself. He stands up from his place and walks over to Minseok, who’s currently sitting on the bed between Luhan and Jongin, and grabs Jongin’s arm, pulls him off the bed and sits down next to Minseok successfully. Jongin wants to ask why he did that but Baekhyun beats him to it.

 

“It’s your turn.”

 

Jongin sends him a glare. It’s not even been a few seconds and he already misses sitting next to Minseok. He felt really comfortable with the ball of fluff pressed on his side.

 

The second round begins with Yixing and Jongin against Sehun and Tao. This time its gets a bit more difficult than last time. They play Wario’s Gold Mine of the Flower Cup. This course features steep declines and sharp turns. Most of the track lacks railings, making it rather easy to fall off.

 

“Stupid wagons!” Tao says after driving straight into one, causing him to fall off the road into the darkness.

 

“They’re not stupid, you are the one that’s stupid for not being able to dodge them.” Jongin responds before driving into one of the wagons himself.

 

“What did you say?” Tao smiles happily.

 

“Shut up.” Jongin says while trying to catch up again.

 

The second round ends with 36 points for the blue team and 46 points for the red team. The total scores until now are 81 points for the red team and 82 points for the blue team.

 

Finally, the last and decisive battle. It’s Luhan and Minseok against Junmyeon and Yifan. For the finale they decide to play the Rainbow Road. It’s the last course of the Special Cup.

 

As the third rounds starts, everyone is surprised by Minseok. It turns out, he’s pretty good. Until now, he hasn’t fallen off the road even once as well as bump into any obstacles. Minseok looks very concentrated. He doesn’t notice that the ones who aren’t playing have their attention somewhere other the screen. Rather to someone. They all think he looks so adorable while gaming.

 

In the end, the blue team wins thanks to Minseok and Luhan. The total scores were 110 points for the red team and 135 points for the blue team.

 

“You’re amazing Minnie!” The boys cheer and all hugged the said man. Despite the red team having lost the game, they’re not that affected by it because they get to see Minseok so happy.

 

“You like playing games?” Luhan asks.

 

“Yes!” Came the cheerful reply, bringing a smile to everyone in the room.

 

“Alright,” Luhan says to grab everyone’s attention, “Since the red team lost it’s time to decide on their punishment.” Tao immediately backs away, remembering the last time his team lost.

 

“You guys need to leave this room so we can decide.” Luhan finishes. The lost team obeys and they leave to the living room. But not before smiling and waving towards Minseok who smiles back happily. The remaining people walk over to the bed and sit down in a circle.

 

“How about we make them wear something embarrassing for the rest of the week?” Came the first suggestion.

 

“Hm, no let’s not do that. I don’t wanna be seen around them at school then.”

 

“What if we let them run laps around the forest?”

 

“Uhm, g-guys? Do we really have to give them a p-punishment?” Minseok asks while fidgeting in his place. He doesn’t look happy about the punishment like the others in the room. Seeing this expression on his face, the other boys in the room suddenly don’t feel that happy about the punishment anymore.

 

“I’m sorry but yes, those are the rules. Do you have a suggestion then?” Luhan places a hand on Minseok’s knee, hoping it will comfort the boy.

 

“Hm.” Minseok hums. He brings one finger up to his cheek, seeming to think hard for a suggestion. While Minseok is lost in his thoughts, the others in the room are lost in the cuteness of Minseok. He looks so cute in that position, they all think. Suddenly Minseok sits up straight with a brightened expression.

 

“If that’s the case, then how about making them wear cute cat ears for two days?” Minseok beams.

 

The others are quite taken back by the suggestion. It’s not something they’d come up themselves after all.

 

“But that’s not a punishment” Chanyeol murmurs. Jongdae smacks him on the head.

 

“Alright, then it’s decided. They’ll wear cat ears for two days starting now.” Luhan announces and looks at Minseok sweetly. He has these twinkles in his eyes which Minseok noticed. He likes these twinkles. Wait what’s he thinking about someone’s eyes?

 

“Uh… do we even have those?” Yixing asks out loud.

 

“No. Why would we? And I’m pretty sure Junmyeon doesn’t have them either. Unless he has something to hide…” Jongin replies.

 

“Oh, well we can s-suggest something else t-then…” Minseok finishes his sentence while trailing off. His expressions looks fallen. The others instantly feel bad because their precious angel looks sad.

“No Minseok, your idea is perfect. It’s just that we don’t have the cat ears now. How about buying them tomorrow together? Now you can even chose the ones to make them wear” Luhan tries to cheer the sad boy up.

 

“Really?” Minseok immediately brightens up and bounces on his place. “I’d love that!”

 

The others sigh in relief seeing the fluff ball happy again. But wait.

 

“Wait… together as in you two? Alone? Without us?” One of them asks.

 

“Uhuh.” Luhan replies smugly and places his right arm around Minseok’s frame pulling him close to himself. This sudden action leaves the poor boy flustered.

 

“Hey, that’s not fair! I wanna go with Minseok too! And get your damn hands off of him!” Jongdae whines.

 

“Then we can all go together?” Minseok asks expectantly. Hearing this makes Luhan’s earlier smug face falter. Great. There goes his alone time with Minseok.

 

“Bu-” Luhan wants to protest but is cut off by someone.

 

“Awesome! We’ll go straight to the mall once school finishes.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“That’s our punishment?” Sehun asks, not fully believing it yet. We have to wear cat ears? Really? Who the came up with that damn idea? He thinks.

 

“Minseok came up with it.”

 

Oh

 

...

 

OH!

 

All of a sudden Sehun is completely fine with the punishment. Heck he’s even excited for it.

 

“But since we don’t have the cat ears we’ll buy them tomorrow after school and you’ll have to start wearing it the day after tomorrow.” Luhan explains.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It’s late in the evening and the boys are all in the living room. They just finished watching a movie. Suddenly they hear someone’s phone ring.

 

“Ah, Seung-ho! Hello.” Minseok answers his phone excitedly. The others get curious who he’s talking to. “Yes, yes, yes, I’m fine! Okay, wait what? Right now? Bu- oh.. okay, I’ll text you the address. Be careful. Yeah, I love you too.” His last sentence shocks the boys and they immediately stand up the from their seats. Before anyone can say something Minseok beats them to it.

 

“Junmyeon, it was really fun! Thank you so much for having me and I’m sorry for the trouble. I’d love to stay longer but I have to go now.” Minseok says while looking a bit apologetically. All of their faces fall. None of them want to part with Minseok yet. But sadly, you’ll have to let go at some point.

 

“I had lots of fun with you too, Minnie. No need to apologize, you’ll be always welcome coming over.” Junmyeon walks over to Minseok and envelops the smaller boy into a warm hug which he gladly returns. Before releasing him he pats his back. “I’ll drive you to your home. It’s gotten pretty late and I don’t want you to be alone at this hour outside.” Junmyeon says while already walking to the front door.

 

“Oh, n-no. There’s no need. I already have a drive home. Thank you.” Minseok immediately says while shaking his head and giving a little bow with his head afterwards. Junmyeon gets a little sad upon hearing that. He’d love to bring Minseok back to his home himself.

 

“Oh, I assume it’s the person who called you?”

 

“Yes.” He replies brightly.

 

Meanwhile the other boys send daggers towards Junmyeon. How dare he just hug him like that?!

 

When all of them are in front of the door Minseok gives all of his new friends a sweet hug. They die of cuteness inside. The last person he hugs is Luhan. Somehow their hug lasts a bit longer than the others. Or it’s just their imagination. Before releasing each other Luhan brings his lips close to Minseok’s ears. “Have a good night, baozi. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He softly says causing Minseok to blush a few shades of red. He nods with a shy smile. “So cute!” Luhan brings his hands towards Minseok’s head in order to pet him. This only causes him to become even more red than he already was. Even though the action was pretty sudden, he doesn’t dislike it in the slightest. Actually, he finds it very comforting and nice. It feels good. He thinks.

 

Before anyone can protest about Luhan’s action, Minseok says his final goodbyes and leaves. Closing the door with a click.

 

Luhan turns around to only come face to face with very very angry faces.

 

“We need to talk."