Chapter Seven - Luck?

Dance With Me

After changing into her spare clothes that she kept in her school locker, a pair of white shorts and a black vest top, ChaeRin smiled as she left the grey building, walking through the parking lot and thinking about today's escapades.  She felt entirely grateful for meeting those cheerful boys.  It was still so strange to think that she had been so terrified of them only weeks before.

She thought of Sunggyu and his beautiful eye-smiles.  She thought of Dongwoo and the skateboarding tricks he was showing her - even with the limited space, he was really talented on the board.  She thought of Sungyeol and his hyper actions - how childish he was and how happy it made her feel.  She thought of Myungsoo and how observing he was - he didn't talk much but from what she had heard, he'd be able to suss anyone out.  She thought of Sungjong and how happy he seemed, and also how cute his aegyo was - how could anyone resist the sweet boy?  She thought of Hoya and how kind he had been to her and also how grateful she was for meeting such a person.  Then she thought of Woohyun.  What was there to think of him?  He seemed rude, and he kind of scared her, honestly, but she thought there was something else to him.  As if, he wasn't the mean, fearless boy he made himself out to be-

"Annyeong-haseyo, miss - there's a man on the phone for you."  ChaeRin's thoughts were interrupted as she closed the front door behind her, kicking off her shoes and placing her coat on the peg hanging from the wall.  ChaeRin bowed to the maid and politely took the phone from her, smiling as she thanked her and walked towards her bedroom.

"Yeoboseyo."

"ChaeRin-ah, what are you doing tonight?"

ChaeRin giggled as she heard the happy voice on the other end of the phone.  Smiling, she replied, "I have to take care of the house - I'm on my own tonight.  Is something wrong, oppa?"

"Aniyo, I just wanted to hang out.  Would you like me to come over and help?"

ChaeRin could literally hear the smile through Sungjong's voice.  She giggled and started to look though her drawers for a clean set of clothes.  "Ne, oppa, what time will you be over?"

"I'll come over at seven!"  And with that, squeaking and giggling, he hung up - leaving a smiling ChaeRin.

"Aish, that boy..."  ChaeRin began to dress more suitably - wearing a pale blue, three-layered skirt with pink frills on the end of each layer and a pale pink vest top with white shoes.  She skipped downstairs and began to prepare the ingredients needed to bake some cupcakes for her oppa while cooking and preparing a variety of pancakes, noodles, kimchi jjigae and also chicken.

ChaeRin wiped her hands down her apron after placing the last dish onto the table.  She looked at her food - there was certainly a lot but Sungjong had to get his energy from somewhere!

"Sumi meocheul geotman gatta~"  Hearing the front bell ring, she sang as she untied her apron and hung it on the wall.  ChaeRin skipped to the door, humming the melody to herself.  She was about to greet her oppa, but was met with nothing but her garden when she opened the door.  "Mwo?  Oppa!"  She called as she stepped beyond the door, still in her socks-

"CHAERIN-AH!"  ChaeRin jumped in shock, spinning towards the seven faces before smiling and giggling.

"Yah - you scared me!"  She joked as she slapped Sungjong's arm playfully, "I thought you were coming alone, oppa?  I prepared a meal for you.  Well, luckily I prepared far too much - I hope there's enough for everyone?"  She blushed as she looked at her hands and fidgeted with her fingers.

"Omo, ChaeRin-ah, you're such a good saengie.  You didn't have to do that for us!"  Dongwoo smiled at ChaeRin who held the door open for the boys to enter her home.  She led them into the dining room and showed them the food she had prepared.

"Mianhaeyo - I really didn't think you were all coming.  If you want, I'll prepare more."  She bowed.

"Aniyo, ChaeRin-ah, that won't be necess-"

"Actually, ne...  I'd like some curry and rice.  Also, the chicken here has been cooked by oven, right?  I need it to be fried."

ChaeRin looked at Woohyun.  "Is he doing this on purpose?"  None the less, she bowed, smiled and walked to the kitchen to prepare the meal that Woohyun wanted.  "ChaeRin-ah, I'll help."  Myungsoo said, standing up and rolling up his jumper-sleeves.

"Aniyo, you're my guests, I mustn't have you work.  It will be okay, oppa - you can eat."  ChaeRin smiled, touched by the simple offer.

-

"Yah, why'd you say all of that to ChaeRin?  You do like everything she's placed out here..."  Dongwoo looked at his namdongsaeng, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, hyung, she must have worked really hard to prepare this for us."  Sungyeol murmured through the noodles that he had stuffed into his mouth, receiving a giggle from Sungjong.

"Yah, don't talk with your mouth full, hyung - it's rude, especially in a ladies house!"

"I'm not that old!"  ChaeRin smiled, walking in with two trays.  "I hope this is alright for you, oppa."  Smiling and bowing to Woohyun, she placed the trays down in front of him.  He eyed the food expressionlessly.

"The chicken hasn't been seasoned."

ChaeRin stared at the boy in disbelief, as did the six boys around them.  "I...  It has - I'm sure I seasoned it..."  ChaeRin looked at the chicken, sprinkled with herbs.

"I can't eat this."

"Woohyun..."  Sunggyu looked at the boy quizzically.

ChaeRin sighed and bowed again to the unpleased boy, "Mianhamnida, oppa..."

"Oppa?"

"Woo...  Woohyun-ssi...?"

"That's better."  Woohyun smirked and stood up, "Where's the bathroom?  I'll need to wash my hands after touching the tray - look at the grease!"  ChaeRin looked at the clean tray, not a smudge on it.  She led Woohyun to the bathroom, anyway, bowing and sauntered back to the kitchen.  Feeling suddenly exhausted, she leaned against the counter-sink and took a deep breath, looking at the ceiling.

"ChaeRin-ah, kwenchanayo?"  Sungjong asked, concerned as he walked into the kitchen, placing the bowls and trays into the sink.

"Omo, oppa, I could have done that - you don't have to clean."  ChaeRin remarked, surprised.

"Ani, I want to help.  You look tired, you deserve some help."  ChaeRin smiled.  She loved this boy - he always cheered her up.  "Hyung isn't all that bad, you know.  He's never acted like this with anyone, before.  I don't know what's wrong."  ChaeRin looked up at Sungjong.  His eyebrows were furrowed together into a frown, lips pursed and eyes focused on nothing but space.  He was deep in thought.  "He's kind...  He's never treated anyone badly, never mind a girl!  He's extremely respectful and...  I just really don't know what's wrong with him around you."

ChaeRin hugged the elder boy.  She felt sorry for him.  For all of the boys.  They are all lovely indeed and they work so hard for their dreams.  "Don't worry, oppa, it's just my luck."  ChaeRin picked up a tray and smiled towards the sweet boy.  "Would you like the first cupcake?"  ChaeRin smiled, earning a bigger smile in return.

-

Woohyun stood at the kitchen door, staring in shock as Sungjong placed a cupcake in front of ChaeRin's mouth and watched while she took a bite.  She smiled, giggling and patting Sungjong's arm with her free hand.  That smile.  That smile that caused butterflies to flutter deep inside Woohyun's stomach.  That smile that made his heart swell.  That smile that, if he didn't control himself, made him want to sing and dance and show the world how happy it made him feel.  That smile that brought back memories.  Memories of his childhood.  Memories that he didn't particularly want to remember.  That smile that made him so warm and happy, yet so sad, scared and angry...  She didn't have a clue, of course.

Ne, it's just their luck.

--

(A/N:  Mianhae.  ):  It has been so long since I posted...  I really do at this, right?  :$  x

I hope everyone is doing well!  Thank you so much for all of the support so far - if it wasn't for the subscribers, comments and views and everything I'd probably have given up long ago, kekeke~  :$  x

Please, don't be afraid to share your opinions - good and bad.  Sometimes it's good to have both, right?  :$ x

Saranghaeyo,

-Kang HyeKyo~<3) x