Chapter Eighteen - Shadows

Dance With Me

 

Sunggyu, Hoya, Dongwoo, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong were standing in the dimly lit hall awaiting for Woohyun and Chaerin to return. “What time is it now, hyung?” groaned Sungjong, rubbing his eyes and leaning his head on Myungsoo's shoulder.

 

They'll be home soon, Sungjong-ah,” Sunggyu sighed, looking at his silver watch for what seemed to be the umpteenth time.

 

Sungyeol peered out the window, watching the rain pour down, drip drop drip drop, heavy on the streets. He watched Woohyun open the gate and allow Chaerin in first – holding his jacket over her head to keep her dry. “They're here, hyung. And they haven't killed each other!” He gasped, running to the hallway again and scratching his head.

 

The door opened, causing the rain drops to chorus louder and lightly dampen the dark, wooden floor at the entrance. “Quick, get in and dry off,” Woohyun laughed, holding the door open and shaking his coat off as Chaerin ran in and shivered, but laughed also. None of them notices the six boys staring at them in shock or awe. “Omo, hyungduel, what are you doing still up?” He gasped, looking at everyone – specifically the one he was closest to, Sunggyu. “Did something happen?” He asked, worry beginning to creepy up inside him. Chaerin just stood behind him and stared, taking her coat off and hanging it up next to the door, telling the maid to sleep and that she'd clean the floor.

 

Ne, something happened, what's this!” Sungjong gasped, grabbing Chaerin's hand and bouncing around her, “What happened, Chaerin-ah, you made hyung smile!”

 

Yah! I smile all the time!” Woohyun frowned, lightly slapping Sungjong along the head and pulling Chaerin back to his side before hanging his own coat and scarf up. “It's almost ten at night – have we really been out that long?”

 

Ne, we were worried! You two can't stand each other – can someone tell us what's going on?” Sungyeol gasped in one breath, leaving him breathless and earning a pat on the shoulder from Myungsoo.

 

Hmm... We could tell you... Or we could-”

 

Next thing Chaerin knew, she was in Woohyun's arms, him holding her close and running up the stairs with her while the rest of the boys screamed, laughed and ran after them. “Is this really you?” She giggled, smiling and holding onto him close, “Oppa, I'm heavy, put me down and we'll run together before I tire you out,” she squirmed, laughing and looking at Woohyun.

 

Yah, stop, I'll drop you!” He held onto her more tightly and ran faster, smiling.

 

That smile...” Chaerin sighed, “But oppa~!” He ran into her room, dropped her onto the bed and closed the door as fast as he could. “You're so childish,” Chaerin giggled, hopping off her bed and opening the windows.

 

Mian,” he whispered, looking at her and smiling crookedly. She looked back at him, smiling sweetly and leaning against the window frame. She didn't know what it was, but something about the way he smiled made her heart jump and beat quickly inside her chest.

 

Don't apologise, I like this side of you,” she whispered, blushing and looking at the ground, but she knew he could still see her cheeks slowly forming a light shade of pink. Woohyun opened his mouth to say something, smiling and rubbing the back of his head, only to be interrupted with a bang as the boys bust through the door.

Chaerin-ah, we'll save you!!” Sungjong yelled as they all ran in and looked around before gasping and looking at Woohyun on the floor.

 

What's wrong with you?” Dongwoo gasped, holding his hand out towards the scowling boy.

 

Yah! Have respect for your hyung!” Woohyun retorted, his hand rubbing his upper arm which was now bruising. “I'm sore, I need a kiss!” He pretended to cry, holding his arm towards Chaerin and then screaming again as Sunggyu leant to kiss his arm, “Not from you, hyung!”

 

Chaerin held onto her tummy and wiped the tears dripping onto her cheeks with the back of her hand. Trying to suppress her laughter, she stood and walked towards Woohyun, kissing his arm and looking at him, “Better?”

 

He shook his head, pointing to his lips and pouting, “They hurt, too.” Chaerin squinted her eyes, smirking and leant into her top drawer, pulling out a Hello Kitty plaster and placing it over his lips.

 

That should help, then,” she smiled before tapping his shoulder and signalling for the boys to leave her room. “It's late, you all must be tired. Get some rest,” she giggled after hearing a chorus of groans and protests from Woohyun and Sungjong.

 

Hoya stood at the door the whole time. Watching the scenes in front of him and trying to stop the horrible feeling inside his chest. Walking out of her room, he stood at the door of his and Dongwoo's guest bedroom when his phone vibrated in his jeans pocket, “Hoya-ssi, meet me at the old studio tomorrow at 9am. Don't be late. It's about Chaerin.” The text read. “Omo? It's from an unknown number. What could they want?” He gaped at the device, thinking it was probably some stupid prank. But inside a sense of dread was building within him.

 

--

 

(A/N:  Annyeong-haseyo~  ^o^  I'm in such a happy mood right now!  I'm not sure why, but I think it has a lot to do with my oppa.  I've been so happy and smiling!  xD  Mianhae, I'm so weird~ ^^;; x

It's Sunday, so here's the update I promised!  :D  I hope you like it, it's not very long, and it's a little pointless, right?  :$  Sorry for a boring chapter  >,<  The title name isn't random, it's not a kpop song, though.  It's a song I've been listening to a lot recently from an American girl - she's so great at violin!  I thought it suited the chapter since, although Chaerin and Woohyun are happy now, Hoya is still lingering in sadness, like a dark shadow, right?  :$  Here's the song, if anyone's interested:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCsyshUU-A  x

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  Please don't feel afraid to subscribe or comment, it's really motivating and boosts a lot of confidence ^~^  x

Saranghae,

-Kang HyeKyo~<3 xx)