Chapter Two - Work

Dance With Me

Kim ChaeRin walked through the front, mahogany door slowly and closed it behind her.  She took a deep breath, letting her back lean against the cold surface of wood and closing her eyes, allowing the scent of her mother's cooking to drift towards her nostrils - giving her a sense of contentment.

Only, she couldn't smell any food.  All she could smell was cleanliness.  She looked towards the maid who was spraying the table with some liquid from a white and green bottle.  Probably some sort of anti-germ thing.  She started wiping the table over.

There, in the middle of the table, lay a piece of paper in which the maid had picked up and passed to ChaeRin with a smile on her face.

"Madame told me to make sure you got this after your schooling, Miss."

ChaeRin stared at the paper blankly.

"I...  I told you, you can call me ChaeRin if you'd like," ChaeRin whispered with a smile that didn't reach her eyes.  She took the paper - feeling it's corners crinkle in her fingers as she opened it, already knowing what it was about to tell her.

Her umma wasn't like the bullies or the parents you hear about on TV or in the papers - beating their children or calling them names.  She was a good umma - ChaeRin could be at least happy to know that she'd always have her umma.  But, then there's her mother's job...  It was always sending her off on business trips which lasted for months on end.  It was rare that they spent long periods of time together.

ChaeRin shook this off and climbed the steps to the third floor where her bedroom was.  She had to get ready for her own occupation.

After taking a relaxing shower and slipping on her uniform, which consisted of not much more than black trousers and a black tee-shirt, she looked in her wall-length mirror and tied her white apron around her waist - smoothing it out as she sighed and grabbed her iPod.

ChaeRin glanced at her watch, "Mwo!?"  She was going to be late, unless...  "Aniyo!  I...  I'm not that desperate!" but she knew she was - she needed the money, and her boss would be sure to punish her for being late.

With a sigh, ChaeRin entered the forest and began to trot her way through it.  The leaves crunching at her feet, she pressed play on her iPod - listening to a playlist of all of her favourite songs.

"Her whisper is the Lucifer~" she hummed along to the words, admiring the angelic voices and trying desperately not to dance along.  She knew all the dances, of course, it was what she loved to do.

-

"I thought you'd be late," DaEun smiled, a chorus of tinkling bells to announce an arrival as the door swung open - revealing a breathless ChaeRin.

"Mianhaeyo, unnie, it won't happen again," ChaeRin bowed as she rushed behind the counter and washed her hands before taking out her notepad and pen - ready to get to work.

"Oh, looks like you've got a first customer already..."  ChaeRin looked at the door.  A sense of dread sweeping over her as she registered who it was.

"An...  Anyeong-haseyo," she whispered as she looked down at her notepad, trying to avoid eye-contact with the seven kingkas.  "Could I, um...  Could I get anything for you?"

"Aniyo, we'll let you know when we've decided."  She didn't know exactly who it was that answered her, but she was surprised by the kind tone and the politeness in his voice.  She bowed and hurried back behind the counter, gripping her unnie and beckoning her into the back room.

"I- It...  It's them!  The boys from my school!  The...  The boys that every girl loves and every boy envies - the boys who...  the boys who dance so well..." ChaeRin ranted and babbled.  She didn't know why she was so hyped up...  She didn't like those boys!  They were probably mean and inconsiderate like everyone else in her school.  Why would they be any different?  They're so popular, after all!

"Well, why don't you go out and talk to them?"

"What!?  Aniyo!  I can't...  I can't talk to them - they're...  they're..."  ChaeRin blushed as she turned to peek out the door.  But she couldn't see anyone...  She stepped out.

ChaeRin gasped.

There were mugs and saucers smashed all over the marble floor.  The tables were flipped over and so were the chairs.  It looked like a bomb had just been dropped in the small, quiet coffee shop.  But what struck her the most, was the fact that "NerdGirl" and "Freak" were spray painted over the walls...

"Why...  Why didn't we hear anything?"  ChaeRin dropped to her knees and tried picking up some of the broken glass, cutting one of her finger tips in the process.  She winced as a drop of blood appeared, but continued trying to clean.

"ChaeRin, you should go home.  I'll phone the cleaners to help clear up and I'll explain everything to Kyuhyun in the morning," DaEun placed a hand on ChaeRin's shoulder.  "Don't worry about this - I'll sort it out,"

ChaeRin sighed as she stood up and hugged her unnie.  "Gomapseumnida.  Take care, unnie," she whispered as she grabbed her coat and walked out of the cafe.

"At least I won't have to hurry home now that umma's gone.  No scary forests.  No rushing.  Just a slow, peaceful walk in the streets..."  ChaeRin thought to herself.

She began to wonder about what happened in the cafe.  It was only her and DaEun there.  Well, and those boys...  But they wouldn't go to that extent, would they?  Just to get to her?  What had she ever done to them?  No, it couldn't be...  Maybe someone else arrived?  But then, why would they just leave?  Couldn't they shout and warn DaEun or ChaeRin?  It's so strange that there was no noise yet such a big mess...

Maybe it was them?  If it was, they'd pay...  Kim ChaeRin had had enough.

-

(A/N: Kyaa~ Infinite has, kind of, appeared! Was it them who trashed the cafe? Omo! We'll just have to wait and see! ^^; x

Sorry for the rush and shortness of the chapter :$ I hope it wasn't too bad Dx

-Kang HyeKyo~<3)