Chapter Three - Random Ordeal

Dance With Me

It had been four days since the incident in the cafe.  ChaeRin had not been called back to work as they had a lot of repairing to do.  No-one had been arrested but it seemed like the police wasn't exactly looking, either.  This angered, yet relieved, ChaeRin.  Whoever it was did indeed deserve to be punished.  However, ChaeRin didn't want any court cases or more stress added to her life right now.  She would much prefer just to get on with things and let it drop.  And that's exactly what she was doing.

She had not told anybody.  Her mother had called on the night but hasn't called since.  ChaeRin was a good child.  She was trusted by her umma.

"Bubble bubble bubble pop, bubble bubble pop pop~!"  ChaeRin's phone rang throughout the bedroom.  She reached towards the table beside her bed and picked the small device up then held it towards her ear.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Meet me in the park at nine.  I'll be standing by the tree."

ChaeRin looked at her phone in shock.  There was no caller-ID.  The voice sounded familiar, but she couldn't think of anyone.  No-one spoke to her apart from her unnie and umma.  "Who...  Who is this?"  ChaeRin stammered down the phone-line.  She had no idea what was going on.

"Just be there!  There's something that I have to put right..."

Just like that, the line went dead.  A ringing sound chorused through ChaeRin's ears.  She slowly pulled the phone away from her face as she looked towards the clock in a daze - 7a.m.

She had two hours to get dressed and walk to the park which wasn't far - about ten minutes away, maybe?  ChaeRin scrambled off of her bed and rushed towards the bathroom to clean up.  After choosing an outfit at random - a pair of shorts and a vest-top - she picked up her iPod, slipped her hair into a high pony-tail and took her morning jog.  It was half-eight so she could stop by the park during the jog to meet the person from the phone call.

-

ChaeRin jogged into the park, pressing pause on the song she was currently playing on her iPod and panting.  She placed her hands on her knees and bent over slightly - trying to catch her breath.  Letting out a sigh, ChaeRin straightened up and stretched her arms, looking around the park for her mystery caller.  There was no-one around, much to her dislike.  And as for the tree, there were tuns!  "Aish, how am I supposed to know where to go?"  ChaeRin thought to herself.  She started to walk towards the mini-forest.  She wasn't so afraid of this one.  She loved the park - she played here a lot when she was younger.  However, other kids played there, too - so when they arrived, ChaeRin would climb into the park's woods and play on her own away from the others.

"ChaeRin-ah!"  a soft voice called.  ChaeRin turned around to look behind her - no-one.  "ChaeRin-ah!"

"Yah!"  ChaeRin squealed as a hand reached up from behind her and held onto her upper-arm.  She flung her fist into the person's shoulder without really looking at who it was.

ChaeRin gasped, "O...  Omo!  Mianhaeyo!  I...  I, um...  you frightened me!"  ChaeRin stuttered and looked away from the figure immediately.  "I can't believe I did that to him!  To...  To...  Aish!  What should I do!?"  Without thinking twice, ChaeRin turned around and ran.  She ran as fast as she could.  She could hear his voice echoing her name and the sound of running feet behind her.  This only made her run faster.  "Was it him?  Why would he phone me?  How did he even get my number!?"  ChaeRin rushed through her front door - slamming it behind her.

-

ChaeRin walked over to the kitchen sink - placing her bowl of, what was KimchiGuk, into the warm, soapy water.  She looked at the clock - 12p.m.

After cleaning up the kitchen, ChaeRin went to check some stuff on her laptop.  But she couldn't concentrate on anything that was showing on her screen, she kept thinking about the boy.  His words kept replaying through her mind - making her shiver.  "What on Earth was he talking about?  What could he put right?  Unless... he was talking about the cafe?  Maybe he was going to confess?  Maybe I was wrong and it was the seven Kingkas?  But why tell me?"

--

(A/N:  Annyeong-haseyo!  I'm so sorry for the long wait - I've been so busy with school work and stuff like that.  ):  x

This chapter's so boring, but I hope that it'll do until I update again?  I'll try to update next week - I already know what I'll be writing about in my next chapter, kind of!  :'D  x

I wish you all the best.  Comments and subscriptions are welcome!  ^.^  :$  x

-Kang HyeKyo.)