Chapter Five - The Vicious Cycle

Dance With Me

"Beep, beep, beep..."  ChaeRin reached out and let her hand fall on her much too noisy alarm clock.  She squinted her eyes open and smiled.  She watched the rays of sunlight shine through her window and glimmer across the bedroom carpet.  Stretching, she pulled the covers off of her body which wasn't so sleepy anymore.  She danced around the room, humming to herself and slipped into the bathroom to clean up before school.

It had been two weeks since that night in the dance studio.  Hoya had called ChaeRin everyday and made sure she was alright.  He'd go over to her house, make sure she ate well then they'd go out and, later on, dance.  That was her favourite part of the day.  Dancing with someone else was something she'd experienced so little of - it was fun.

She hadn't had so much fun with anyone in almost a life-time.  Sure, she had her friend in nursery - but she couldn't remember anything about him, except how hurt she was when they left for two different schools.

"ChaeRin-ah, it's time to leave for school - you'll be late if you don't go now!"  ChaeRin heard her mothers voice faintly from the bottom of the stairs.  She smiled at herself one last time as she looked herself over in the mirror before running out of her bedroom, slamming the door behind her and singing a goodbye to her mother gleefully.  She hopped out of the house, running down the street.  She couldn't wait to see school in a different view - she was finally happy, and she wanted to share her happiness with Hoya.

-

"Oppa!  Oppa!"  ChaeRin squealed as she ran towards the group of seven boys.  She watched as they turned around - looking quizzically at her.  He smiled. She gripped him into a tight hug when she finally reached them, earning yet another collection of curious glances from the boys she feared only a few weeks before.

"Omo, ChaeRin-ah, what are you doing here so early?"  Hoya smiled, ruffling her hair with his fingers.

"Yah," she giggled, "you'll mess my hair, oppa.  I came to see you."

"Ahem..."

ChaeRin's face turned pale as the both of them turned to look at the six boys.  She had been so hyped up on seeing Hoya that she completely forgot about everyone else.  "Mia...  Mianhamnida..."  She blushed as they all turned to look at her.

"It's alright.  We didn't know that you knew each other?"  A boy, who Hoya introduced as Sungyeol, smiled.  He had orange hair, which ChaeRin found rather amusing.

"We met a couple of weeks ago, actually."  Hoya remarked, winking at ChaeRin as he draped his arm over her shoulder - earning a blush and a giggle in return.  ChaeRin looked towards the other boys who didn't seem to care and were acting normal again as they joked around and welcomed her.  She had never felt so freely accepted.  That was, until she looked at the boy standing opposite her.  She couldn't recall what Hoya called him -  Woohyun, was it?  All she knew was, the cold glare he was sending her at that moment caused shivers to run down her spine.

Suddenly, ChaeRin felt a tap on her shoulder.  Curiously, she turned to see who it was - expecting it to be Hoya playing a trick in which he would laugh at her for later.  However, ChaeRin was met with a stinging sensation across her face.  She automatically held her hand on her cheek as she fell to the ground - they heavy blow taking it's effect as her right cheek grew a light shade of rose-pink due to the sharp pain.

A chorus of "Yah's!" echoed from the boys as ChaeRin felt herself being kicked in the stomach by, what it felt like, several people.  Pain cursed through her as she held tightly onto her head and knees - curling up into a ball in an attempt to shield herself.

Everything was starting to go blank and ChaeRin squealed as she felt herself being picked up and embraced into strong arms.  She tried her hardest to thrash around, mumbling incoherent words - trying to get out of the persons hold.  However, a wave of contentment and safety washed over her as she was taken into the arms of the person.  She tried to look to see who it was.

Then everything went black and ChaeRin had no choice but to give in to the dark abyss.

Perhaps things wouldn't change after all?

--

(A/N:  Annyeong-haseyo!  ^o^ x

I know I always apologise at the end of these things, but I'm truly sorry for the rushing through the chapters thing :$ x

I've been so busy trying to hand essays in for folio's and trying to design shoes for my art class and then college...  Aish, it's pretty hard.  Especially because my prelims are next week.  ): x

I hope you're all doing well - I'd like to thank everyone who's subscribed, commented, or even just viewed/read this!  It makes me so happy and inspired.  ^^;; Thank you so much for the support, guys~<3 :'D x

Saranghae,

-Kang HyeKyo~ ^.^ )