Chapter One - Life

Dance With Me

"Kim ChaeRin-ah~  Yah!  ChaeRin-ah!"

"Ne?" she whispered as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand.  The sun was shining through the slightly open curtains - causing a shimmer of light to cascade half way across her pink and purple bedroom.

"It's time for school, darling.  Did you forget?  What time did you stay up 'til last night?" ChaeRin stared up at her mother through half-lidded eyes.  It was far too early to be bombarded with so many questions.  She flipped her covers over and stood up, facing her mother and giving her the sweetest smile she could give.

"Never mind that, umma - I have to get dressed now or I'll be late."  She said as she patted her mothers arm in an attempt to change the conversation.  She had been up all night practising dance moves.  Her mother hated that - said it was unhealthy to loose sleep, especially during your teen years, but she couldn't help herself - once she started it was too difficult to stop.  She sauntered into the bathroom.

Her mother sighed and watched her daughter go before leaving to cook some breakfast.  She knew better, however.  ChaeRin never ate breakfast.  Sometimes she wondered where her daughter got all of her energy from.  All she ever done was dance.

"Annyeong umma!"  ChaeRin called as she slammed the front door shut on her way out to school, earning a sigh from her mother who scraped the breakfast she was about to serve into the bin.

-

Everyone gathered into the class as the bell rang throughout the school.  "English class?  Great."  ChaeRin thought to herself as she sat in her seat at the back of the classroom.  The teacher was last to enter and then she began her lesson.

It wasn't that ChaeRin didn't like her English class, no - it was more the people in the class that made her hesitant.  It was the same in every class.  She wasn't exactly popular.  Quite the opposite, actually - she didn't have any friends at all.  The only time she could open up and let herself go was on the dance floor.  She'd wait until it was such a time no-one else would consider leaving their houses never mind dancing, and that's when she took her chance.

"At least it's my last class of the day."  ChaeRin thought as she smiled to herself-

"Kim ChaeRin!"  ChaeRin jumped as she heard her name being called from the front of the class.  Everyone was staring at her and the teacher looked the least amused.  "Is there anything that you want to share with the rest of the class?  Or, when you're ready, you can answer this question and I shall continue with my lecture."  Mr.Faulkner scolded.

As you were about to attempt an answer, the bell rang and you got out of there as quick as you could.  Literally, you didn't even put your bag on and you were already out of the door!

As you were walking out of school, you accidentally bumped into someone and dropped your books.  "Omo!  Mia- Mianhamnida!" you said repeatedly as you bent down to pick your books back up.  When you gathered yourself and stood to face the person, your stomach churned.

It was Lee JiHye - one of the Queenkas in your school.  You were pushed up against the wall - letting your books return to the ground as you let out a yelp - pain spreading across your back.

"Are you testing me!?  Yah!  I'm talking to you!" she screamed as she grabbed ChaeRin's face and turned it to face her.  "Watch where you're walking next time, pabo." she threatened as she gave one last, pointless push and strutted away.

ChaeRin let a sigh escape her lips and crouched down to pick up her books for the fifth time that day.

--

(A/N: Annyeong!  I'm so happy.  After posting only the foreword, I have so many views and stuff already - kamsahamnida!

I'm not very good at writing, and this is my first fanfic, so I apologise for that...  I'm also sorry for the short chapter here, but I have so much homework and studying to do and I couldn't spend as much time on this as I thought I would.  Mianhaeyo!  I'll upload the next chapter as soon as I can.

Comments and subscribers are welcome, don't be shy!  ^o^

-Kang HyeKyo~)