Chapter Fourteen - Change

Dance With Me

 

Chaerin rubbed her eyes, sauntering to the bathroom and locking the door behind her.  She looked at herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth.  Her dark, messy bed-hair was sticking out at random directions; her pale skin looked healthier than usual; her chocolate brown, usually distant and hurt, eyes were glowing and full of happiness.  Chaerin smiled and bent over the bathroom sink, cupping a handful of water and throwing it over her face.  She let the water splash onto her skin and slowly run down it before stepping into the shower.
 
-
 
"Where's Chaerin-ah?"  Sungyeol bounced in his seat, recieving a light flick on the shoulder from Myungsoo.
 
"Yah, don't talk with your mouthful!"  He giggled at Sungyeol's pout.
 
"She's in the shower, I think she feels happy today.  Where's Woohyun hyung?"  Sungjong asked Sunggyu who was sitting down with his bowl of noodles.
 
-
 
Woohyun climbed the step towards Chaerin's room.  He watched the white door as it got closer and closer, the pink rose-petal designs becoming more defined with each step.  He could smell the sweet scent of soaps and body lotions.  "Aish, girls and their perfumes..." he thought, smiling to himself.  He was tired of waiting for her to realize her past.  He was tired of having to watch her everyday, knowing that she had no clue.  He knocked the door to her room lightly and took a step back, waiting for her reply.  There was none.  He pressed his ear against the door.  Music.  She was listening to music...  "Maybe she couldn't hear me?"  He let his knuckles tap against the soft, wooden door once more, then turned the door knob slightly.  He opened the door slowly before looking through the creek of the door.  "Chaerin?  Chaerin-ah, I'm coming in, ahrasseo?"  He said before slipping into the room.
 
Woohyun gasped as his eyes fell on Chaerin.  Her hair was wet and curly.  Her brown waves leading down to her small shoulders which were also wet.  Her hair ended about mid-back, but she had it twisted and laying over one shoulder and down her front.  Chaerin turned, facing Woohyun as her eyes widened and fell.  "W...  Woo...  Woohyun-ssi!"  She screamed, panicking as she gripped her towel tighter against her body.  Woohyun turned, running for the door and slamming it shut behind him.  He breathed heavily, shunning and dragging himself back downstairs.  "Yah!  Woohyun!  Why are you blushing!"  He huffed.
 
-
 
"Chaerin-ah!"  Hoya called, smiling as he pulled Chaerin into a hug, ruffling her hair.
 
"Oppa!  You'll mess it again!"  She squeaked, pushing him away and giggling.  She sat on the floor in front of the couch, picking her phone up from the table and opening her unread message:
 
"Dearest Chaerin-ah,
I am doing well on my business trip.  Mr.Lee is very helpful, is Hoya-ah
taking care of you?  I hope everything is good over there!  I miss you
so much, Chaerin-ah, umma will be home soon, hopefully.
-Umma x"
 
Chaerin smiled to herself, quickly replying to the text and placing her phone down again before bouncing up and skipping to the kitchen, making her own breakfast as she danced around the gleeming, marble floor.  The seven boys stared curiously at her as she hummed BoA's very catchy, "Energetic", swaying her hips and moving along to the imaginary beats.
 
"Chaerin-ah, you're so happy!"  Sungyeol and Sungjong exclaimed, bouncing into the kitchen and dancing along cheerfully.  Chaerin poured her smoothie into a glass and smiled, drinking the liquid through the baby-blue, swirly straw.
 
"Oppa, let's go out tonight!  My treat!"  CHaerin chirped, smiling widely and hugging Myungsoo as he laughed.
 
"Sure, Chaerinnie, if that's alright hyung?"  Sunggyu smiled, nodding.
 
"I'll go get dressed!"  Hoya smiled and ran upstairs, only to be faced with Dongwoo as the both of them raced eachother to their guest rooms.  Woohyun looked at Chaerin before turning and running up the stairs two at a time.  He walked into his and Sunggyu's guest room.
 
-
 
Chaerin walked down the stairs, stopping half-way as she balanced on one leg to slip on her other Jeremy Scott wedged-heel.
 
"Chaerin-ah!  You look hot!"  Dongwoo gasped as Chaerin walked down the stairs, causing everyone else to turn and gasp also.  Chaerin blushed.  She had never been told that in her life!
 
"O...  Omo, oppa, I'm not!"  She covered her face with her hands and giggled.  Everyone walked outside and took their places in the van.  "I heard there's a new club opening...  We could go there, if you want?"  Chaerin smiled.
 
"Ne!  It's been a while since we went out," Dongwoo said as he started the van and started driving.
 
-
 
Chaerin watched as all the boys disappeared.  Hoya and Dongwoo ran to the dance-floor.  Sunggyu and Myungsoo went to one of the tables to chill.  Sungjong and Sungyeol went to the DJ booth giggling and watching the colours flashing from the lights.  She didn't see where Woohyun went.
 
Chaerin made her way to the bar.  She sat on the high stool and watched as the flashing colours reflected off the dacefloor and onto the bodies moving swftly along with the music.  "Having fun?"  Chaerin spun round to see the tall figure standing proudly over her.
 
"Ne, oppa, thank you," she smiled, giggling and ordering him a drink.
 
"Would you like to dance?
 
Woohyun watched Chaerin as the bartender offered her a drink.  "This is your chance...  Go tell her!"  He made his way to the bar, only to stop half-way.  He watched as she smiled at Hoya who was holding her hand and leading her out to dance.  He watched as they giggled and danced to the music.
 
"Dude, are you okay?"  Sunggyu placed a hand on Woohyun's shoulder and looked at Chaerin and Hoya also.  If anyone could understand Woohyun, it was definitely Sunggyu.  They were the best of friends.  No-one could come between them.  They were open books to each other.
 
"Ne, I'll be fine," he smiled pitifully.
 
"Oppa, you didn't call!"  Jihye stumbled against Woohyun.  The bitter stench of alcohol filled his nostrels as she breathed against him, causing him to grimace and shake her away.  "I missed you, I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly."
 
"I asked you to leave, pabo, don't you remember?"  He remarked, toneless and cold.
 
She giggled.  Slapping his arm playfully and spilling her drink as she did, she grabbed his hand, "Oppa, come back to mine, it's too noisy here!"
 
Woohyun looked at Chaerin once more.  He looked as she giggled and interlocked her body with Hoya's.  He watched as they danced happily.  Sighing, he looked for Sunggyu who was no where to be seen.  "Whatever."  He mumbeled, letting Jihye drag him through the heavy security doors and into the cold wind.
 
-
 
"Oppa, where did Woohyun-ssi go?"  Chaerin let her body fall against the leather couch beside Sunggyu.  He smiled at her welcoming and passed her his phone.
 
"It's too loud in here to explain!  He sent me a text, read it!"  He called to her over the thumping music.  She could faintly hear him, despite being so close to him.  Smiling thankfully at him, she opened his texts and read the latest one from Woohyun.
 
"Annyeong hyung, sorry for leaving early.  I may not be back tonight, I'm at Jihye's, please
return home safely and don't worry about waiting  for me.  I hope you fave fun, hwaiting!"
 
Chaerin frowned as she read the text again.  "Jihye?  He left with Jihye?  Are they an item now?"  Handing the phone back to Sunggyu she smiled and mouthed a "thank you" before standing and returning to the bar.  "I hope she makes you happy, Woohyun-ssi," she whispered to herself, taking her first sip of alcoholic fluids.
 
--
 
(A/N: Annyeong-haseyo!  Mianhamnida~  I haven't updated in nearly a month!  I really am surprised that I still have subscribers, I feel like I'm letting this go so poorly.  I'm just back from holiday and school is officially over, thankfully!
 
Thank you so much for the support, I really don't feel that I deserve it, but I'm greatful none-the-less.  Don't feel afraid to comment or tell me your opinions, good and bad, they're so helpful and motivating!
 
I will continue to write, the next chapter has already been started and I promise an update soon.  Gomapseumnida!
 
-Kang Hyekyo~<3 xx)