Behind that smile

Who Knew?

OK, my laptop got fixed so I was able to update again. Thanks for all your thought on the story and I hope you will keep on reading it till the end and not get bored halfway throught the sory. And now, please do enjoy this chapter and leave more of your thoughts.

She followed the music which was getting louder. She kept on walking until she faced a glass door. She could clearly see who it was. It was a girl...not just any girl; it was Choi Seunghyun’s daughter...Minzy! She was dancing and she looked like a professional.

Stunned, Chaerin walked in without thinking.

As Minzy heard her come in, she froze.

“I’m so sorry...I didn’t mean to-“

“Don’t worry” Minzy said with a smile.

“You are good”

“Thank you...would you like to try?”

“Er...”

“Don’t worry...I’ll show you”

This was the first time Minzy was dancing in front of someone other than Youngbae, it was the first time she felt like she could share her secret with someone else other than just her brother...it made her happy.

-o-

Without realising it, Youngbae had fallen asleep...on his piano and someone was calling his name.

“Dude...wake up!”

“What?” Youngbae jerked awake and hit his head...on someone’s face.

“Ow!”

“Oh, it’s you Senguri”

“You hit my nose...and all you can say is “Oh it’s you Senguri”” Senguri said trying to imitate Youngbae.

“Er...sorry?”

“Oh jez, no problem, it’s just my nose” he said sarcastically.

“Is Daesung here?”

“He went to the room first and told me to come and get you”

-o-

Bom was so tired, she really just wanted to sleep but Dara had other plans.

“Dara...I’m soooo tired” Bom complained.

“Come on, just one more game” Dara replied as she kept on shuffling the playing cards.

“I liked you better when you were all sad” Bom said to herself.

“What?” Dara said.

“I said...I should go look for Chaerin!”  Bom said as she suddenly stood up.

Dara raised her eye brow. “I thought you wanted to go to bed”

“Yes but we need to find Chaerin, too”

“Yes, but she is a big girl, she can’t get lost in a house and anyway she has her phone with her, so don’t worry” Dara said.

Dang! And I thought she would let me out of this room. Bom thought to herself.

“OK, one more game and then we have to go back to bed if you wanna go shopping” said Bom.

“YAY!” Dara cheered.

-o-

Chaerin was surprised at what Minzy could do on the dance floor and she was even more surprised at what she could do.

It had been an hour and she was already close with Minzy as they had many things in common. They even shared secrets. Chaerin found out that Minzy only danced when she was alone or only when it was only her brother watching her because she was scared of what other people might think if they found out her newly found talent.

Minzy found out that Chaerin only acted cold towards people because she was scared of hurting them and she was mostly scared of hurting herself because when she was young their family moved all the time so whenever she made friends, she would have to leave again so she found herself acting cold towards people around her except for her family.

After dancing for a while, Minzy looked at the clock on the wall and immediately stopped dancing and at that exact moment someone walked in.

Chaerin looked at the door and saw a boy...who had a similar face to Minzy.

Chaerin raised a brow at Minzy.

Minzy looked at the boy and sighed “Chaerin, this is Daesung, my oppa’s friend” she said looking at Chaerin and then she looked at Daesung and said “Daesung, this is my friend Chaerin”

“Nice to meet you” Daesung said as he offered his hand to Chaerin. Chaerin nodded and shook his hand.

“Where is panda oppa?” asked Minzy looking at Daesung.

Just then, Young Bae walked in with another boy...he had dark circles around his eyes...like a panda. Chaerin wanted to laugh but she held it in as she thought it would be rude to laugh.

Youngbae looked at Chaerin and than faced Minzy.

“She kinda walked in” explained Minzy.

“Does she know?”

“Yeah”

“And you don’t mind?”

“It’s actually fun”

“What are you talking about?” asked Daesung.

“None of you business” Minzy replied coldly.

“Aw!”

Youngbae smiled and for a second Chaerin thought that the room looked brighter but then paused that thought out when she saw the other boy again and thought panda Chaerin almost laughed out loud.

“Anyway, you said your name was Chaerin right?” Youngbae said looking at Chaerin and she nodded.

“So yeah, Chaerin, this is Senguri and Daesung...they are brothers and they are my friends “

“Hey” said Senguri and waved at her and she didn’t know why but she automatically waved back.

-o-

Bom stretched and hopped into bed. She was going to sleep like a baby. She was so tired after sitting in the car for so long and then there was dinner. She couldn’t slouch when she sat down because she was taught that it was rude to do it when there were guests or when they were at other people’s house. Then Dara had made her sit and play cards with her for hours so now she was ready to just close her eyes.

-Bom’s Dream-

She was little again...maybe she was 10. She had no friends is school because everyone picked on her because of her red hair. Everyone called her a witch because it was an unnatural shade of red or they would say that it wasn’t her real hair.

The children in school would pull her hair whenever they could, they would throw things at her. The teachers could not stop the students so the only solution was to move to a different school. Her new school wasn’t so different either. The students there would treat her the same way but she had a few friends, so every day she would smile because she had friends.

There was one friend she was very close to. He would always hang around with her. She stayed in the same school as the boy till she was 15. She realised that she like him more than a friend. One day when she was watching him play the piano she walked and sat next to him. He would smile at her and he would guide her hands to each of the keys. It was something they did often but today she wanted to tell him that she liked him.

As he guided her fingers they both looked at each other with only inches away from each other’s faces. The melody of the piano stopped, he leaned in, she closed her eyes and waited but there was nothing.

She opened her eyes to see what had happened. She was shocked. He stood there with a group of people who were laughing at her, making fun of her red hair and her stupidity. They made faces at her and she wanted to think of this as a dream but it was all happening to her.

She looked at him but she couldn’t see his face because he had put on a cap and was looking down. She wanted to run and never come back. She thought he was a friend but he was only someone who had made fun of her behind her back and acted like a friend to her.

After that she wanted transferred schools immediately but before that she asked her dad if she could dye her hair black, which he agreed because that was the only way of stopping Bom from getting hurt.

Her life couldn’t get any worse but then on her last day of her old school, he came to her. He told her that he was sorry and he wanted to tell her more but she just stood there looking at him with tears in her eyes and before they could say or do anything, her real friend, the only one  who never picked on her for her hair came along with her sisters and told the boy to stay away from her.

From that day she never saw that boy again. She was happier in her new school after she dyed her hair black. But everyday she kept on remembering the boy and all the horrible memories and the tears would just keep on falling.

-End of Dream-

She woke up to find that Chaerin and Sandara were shaking her, trying to wake her up. She felt the tears on her face.

“Him again” Chaerin guessed and Bom nodded sadly.

“I was worried...you cried louder than usual” Dara said looking very worried. “You woke me and Chaerin up”

“When did you come Chaerin?” Bom questioned.

“Just as soon as you fell asleep”

“Well, I’m glad you came back, cause we are going shopping tomorrow” Bom said smiling. She was good at hiding her sadness behind her smile.