Chapter 4

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12.45p.m.
Joy is all smiling and laughing now. I am so happy that she's okay now. She keeps laughing as Jin keeps on tickling her. I giggle and hold Jin's hand.

"She's out of breath, Jin." He stares to me playfully and exchange looks with Joy. I was blur for a while and it hits me when both of them come near me. I laugh out loud as they tickle me.

"Mommy, daddy. When are we going out? I want to eat your chicken stew, mommy." Joy whines. I caress her hair and smile.

"We'll be home soon, honey."

"Don't leave daddy out, please!" Jin makes a child-like voice and pouts. I stare to him with a teasing look, unbelievable with his child behaviour. Joy laughs and hugs him, saying that she won't leave his daddy out too.

3.40p.m.
Joy is back to sleep. Her face is bloated, and turning bluish. She is silent.

Like a dead person.

I quickly brush that thoughts off. Joy is going to be fine. Me and Jin are worried as hell. She was okay a few hours ago. Jin calls a nurse.

"I don't know sir. Sorry." She says, when Jin asks what is wrong with Joy. He calls for another doctor. The doctor comes to us with a displeased look.

"Doctor, can you take a look at my daughter? Her face seems bloated and-"

"I don't know. She's not my patient. Nurse, you should call for her doctor, not me." The doctor blames the nurses and walks away. I stay mum. I am mad, but this is not the place to explode.

"Maybe the excess of water makes her face bloated." Jin mumbles, and the nurses heard it. Once he said it, the medical monitor machine makes beeping sound, and shows zero on the sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter