Chapter 23 (Finale)

Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days after the incident, I can finally leave the hospital. I really hate staying in hospital. It just reminds me of Joy more. Not that I can’t accept her death. I do now. But the feeling of longing is still in here. And will always stay like that.

Jin is out with the boys to settle Joy’s and Jimin’s cases. I want to follow them but they wouldn’t let me. They told me that the cases are almost settled now, and only need final works to clear everything up. Jimin was finally proven that he didn’t kill himself, which really made me feel thrilled. Now, no one will talk bad about him. Chanyeol oppa came clean and surrender himself to the police, after knowing that Jimin didn’t kill himself. Jin told me that Chanyeol oppa regretted everything he done and that he would never ask for our apology, because he knew he didn’t deserve any apology from us. Nevertheless, I already accept his apology. After meeting Jimin and Joy, my heart is finally at ease.

“Noona do you need anything? I can get it for you.” Jungkook comes and sit beside me on the couch, after taking a shower. His hair is still wet; making him looks so good looking. I still remember how famous the boys were, when we were in high school. The girls would be lining up just to see their faces, and they would receive so many love letters and confessions. I giggle, reminiscing the good old memories.

“Noona are you still sick? You’re suddenly laughing.” He quickly touches my forehead, and check all over my face. I laugh out loud and smack his head lightly.

“Ani. I was just remembering our high school days.” He then joins me laughing too. Jungkook stays with me to watch over me, as commanded by the boys.

 Pssshhh talk about the boys being overprotective.

“Kookie-ah.”

“Wae noona?”

“Do you… still hate me?” he let out a deep sigh and looks down.

“I used to hate you so much, noona. Both you and Taehyung hyung. Because of you, our friendship breaks, Jimin hyung died, and Jin hyung had to sacrifice his life for you, just to take care of you. Jin hyung was so stupid, for taking all the responsibilities that Taehyung hyung left.” He stopped, and I feel bitter after hearing what he said.

“But noona.. The moment Jin hyung took you away from us, I feel empty. We all did. We… we are at fault too to punish you guys like that. After you and Jin hyung left, we were all broken. Taehyung hyung left too. We kept searching for you and Jin hyung, and Taehyung hyung. We were so happy when we finally found you, and we’re happy for you when you and Jin hyung were happy with Joy. And then, when we saw Taehyung hyung watching you and Jin hyung with Joy, we felt sad for him.”

“He did?” I ask, out of shock.

“He did. He’s been watching over you all this time. We all had met Joy before. Taehyung hyung had met Joy too.” I start to tear up, and Jungkook quickly embraces me.

“I’m really sorry noona. For blaming it on you and Taehyung hyung. You  have to know this. It was never your fault. It was never Taehyung hyung’s fault. It was not anyone’s fault. Things happened, and we as a human, have to continue living, no matter how unfair life is. Life can be so unfair, but that doesn’t mean we should act like one. Arasso noona?” I nod in his hug.

“And talk about being unfair noona, do you know I used to have a deep deep crush on you, noona.”

“YOU WHAT!?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter