Part ~2

Crossing Your Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : The typos has been fixed Sorry for the incovennient.

Enjoy!!! 

The bell rings, all the students gather their things exiting the classroom leaving Elyn and her habit of being the last one to leave the place. However this time Elyn is feeling a small tap on her shoulder making her turning around.

“Hi.” The glasses girl lets out a small smile. “I’m…. Jung S….” Jessica's mouth dried out Elyn just cut her off.

“Sooyeon…. Jung Sooyeon, I know you introduce yourself earlier.” Elyn smiles at the latter, stretching her hand; “By the way I’m Won Elyn nice to meet you.” By habit and shyness Elyn scratches the back of her head.

“Nice you meet you.” Jessica automatically takes the latter’s hand returning the hand shake.

“So I’m your my partner for this assignment….” Elyn lets out a low voice but high enough to catch the president attention standing near her. “This professor likes to give pairing assignment he is a bit messy in his head but his lectures are good.”

“I see…. Tell me Elyn I’m kinda new in town and I don’t really know what to do after classes.” Jessica just set up her plan to catch her target.

Scratching the back of her head Elyn bits her lower lip hesitating; “Well I have a part time job in the Gangnam. We can work tomorrow on the assignment there.” 

“C…- can I go with you?” Why am I stuttering? For the first time since a long time the business woman stutter.

“Where? To the place that I work?” Elyn asks not fully understanding.

“Yes I have time to spend after classes and I don’t really know what to do.” Jessica blurts out this hurtful sentence without any warning.

“Good for you. I’m quite busy after classes so…. But you can take a coffee at the café X as you wish. Let’s go we have a management now.”

Elyn absent-mindedly grabs the president’s wrist pulling her out, the other students from another cursus are going in. The action has letf the president surprise, feeling pleasantly good. Elyn drags her new classmate to the other classroom until the two sit next to each other.

“You know I won’t go anywhere you can let go of my hand.” Jessica points at her wrist. Elyn instantly retrieves her hands putting them under the table.

“Sorry.” She murmurs softly.

“So…. We are having management now right?” Jessica asks looking at the girl sitting next to her.

“Yes the professor is a woman, her lecture is really boring you’ll see you’ll fall asleep really quickly.” Elyn says while taking out her things, her action is follow by Jessica's eyes as she does the same.

×××

An hour later, Elyn was right about the lecture it did feel really boring, so much that the president has fall asleep her head almost hit the table only when Elyn sees it and catching it right on time with her left arm.

Elyn holds gently on the glasses girl’s forehead before tugging her fold sweater under the latter’s head.

 

Elyn is not on the top of her class but she manages to be or so, however even if it’s boring, she tried to follow, listening to and taking notes, thinking that it would help on day.

 

After a while she stops listening when her stares drop on the figure sleeping soundly next to her. Elyn finds it cute the way that the glasses girls breath softly against the fabric of her sweater, the way she moves her index  in sync with her heartbeat. Elyn tries not to smile at the whole scene, anyhow deep inside her she feels comforting looking at the president sleeping, and Elyn crosses her arm on the table putting her chin on it staring at the sleeping girl next to her allowing herself to escape for the first time from all the presence around her.

×××

Jessica lets out a little snore making Elyn giggles while looking at her, as time pass by the end of the lectures has come to an end living the two at their place alone. Elyn didn’t know what to do she just let the glasses girl sleeps until the latter stirs raising her head, rubbing her eyes.

“Welcome back sleeping beauty.” Elyn says while writing on her note book.

“Where am I?” Jessica asks confuse.

“Still in class but the lecture is done.” Elyn says without breaking her concentration from her work.

“I slept for two hours?”

“Yes I guess you were tired.”

“We don’t have class this afternoon?”

“No our cursus don’t have classes the afternoon which is cool.” Elyn answers still writing on her note book.

“What are you working on?” Jessica asks recognizing the copy that she gave yesterday.

“A weird economic assignment from that Jessica Jung who has gave us a lecture yesterday.” 

“Ah…. That must be interesting I heard that she is really famous all around the world.”

“If you say so.” Elyn answers, showing no interest.

“You like her?” Questions and questions go on…. Jessica you’ll reach your goal.

“Not really.”

Aie…. that’s hurt. Jessica didn’t expect this king of answer. It is way more complicated than what she has thought.

“You? Do you like Jessica Jung like all the rest of the people?” Elyn asks finally giving the glasses girl her attention.

“I…. well she is good at being humble and noble which is a good thing. I think that’s why I like her.” Strike and strike Jessica has to describe her true self.

“I see…. You didn’t know about it since you just came today.” Elyn is talking about the economic assignement.

“Mind if I take a look and help you?” The president confuses, everything is just hitting her waking all her sleeping nerves up.

“No do as you please.” Elyn puts her pen down leaning on the backrest closing her eyes.

All her action is quietly follow by the president’s stare looking at her, long neck showing the muscles and bones, her fine face, sharp jawline, thin pink lips. Jessica pretend to read the paper but she is not, she just stare and stare until a pair of brown orbs look back at her making her jerk back a little.

“Were you trying to wake me up?” Elyn asks with a small-smile appearing on hr face.

“I…-uh yeah a little yes.” What happens to you Mrs. Jung?

“It’s past lunch time I have to go. I’m sorry I’ll see you tomorrow.” Elyn stands up putting her stuff in her bag pack running out the class. Leaving behind a love struck girl.

What happened to me? Jessica says to herself still holding on the sheet of paper that she took from Elyn.

Determinate to know what kind of person Elyn is, the browed haired woman runs out from the university trying to find the tall figure that left her minutes ago. Jessica looks from left to right to seek for Elyn but in vain the latter has disappeared as fast as a lightning.

“Damn it!” Jessica groans in frustration holding on someone else’s sweater, thinking that she didn’t take any sweater this morning since the weather is warm.

×××

Giving up for the first day thinking that she has to be more clingy next time, Jessica walks to her company wearing her morning clothes adding that she assumes is Elyn’s sweater on her shoulder.

Crossing the path of the big entrance she attracts the staff stares looking at her like a full unknown person walking thru the welcoming desk Jessica forget that she hasn’t bring her pass and approach the lady behind the desk.

“Good afternoon, can you open the roller for me please.”

“I’m sorry but you need an appointment” The lady says looking at Jessica incredulously.

“I’m the president here, who do I need an appointment with?”  Jessica says letting out her famous poker face. However the business woman forgot that she is still wearing casual clothes and wearing glasses not so much her usual look from everyday as a president.

“I can let you inside I need a name.”

“Seriously!? Jessica Jung”

“I will need to ask you to go.”

“Look it’s me Jessica Jung your president don’t you recognize me?” Jessica takes her glasses off and bends over the welcome desk to stare straight in her staff's eyes.

But the lady just looks at the president from head to toe without saying anything.

“I will call the secu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter