Part ~ 12

Crossing Your Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You see Ms. Won on this x-ray it shows multiple fragments on your upper body that your cells cannot auto heal anymore.” The doctor points with his pen over. “However, we find out from the new scan you made, this morning that with some physical therapy and much training we can slow down the process of your body killing those part that is already paralyzed.” The doc confirms once again making Elyn breathes out sharply.

“I’m confident in the fact that you will heal Ms. Won and have a long-lasting life like the other people, even if your illness is not common with the physical therapy and a good nutrition your cells will be fixed in no time.” The doctor gives Elyn an eye-smile making the young girl smile along and nods her head. 

“Thank you, I was worried you would come out with a negative result,” Elyn says looking up at the radios

“Those x-rays are negative actually, but you are still young and we believe that your condition is not a lost hope and we can cure it.” The doctor says hinting lots of positive results aside from the paralyzed part. “I’m not here to judge or dig inside your past, somehow you must get rid of hurting yourself for whatever reason and let those scars heal naturally because they won’t. From the analyses, they look old and you must have them for a long time. The cause of your losing senses, are from those untreated scars, the more you think that it will heal alone and forget them the more it will put you in harm.”

Elyn nods her head, agreeing with the doctor, it is true that she has neglected her body since her parents had died, now the consequences have arrived.

“I will keep you on monitoring one more night, so you will be discharged tomorrow morning.” The doctor smiles again.

Elyn nods her head and bows she exits the office and walks back to her room, on the way she finds Jessica hands full of snacks and all entering her room with a smile automatically creep on her face she quick walks entering her room.

 

×

“The doctor said that my cells are dying, I mean my immune system is weak,” Elyn says while munching on the pudding spoon feeding by Jessica.

“It sounds bad, right?” Jessica holding the spoon front Elyn’s mouth.

“Actually, I thought the same thing as you in the beginning.” Elyn swallows the remaining content in and continues; “But he said that I’m still young and with some physical therapies and a good lifestyle I will be able to heal.” Elyn beams a glittering smile that Jessica cannot resist and kiss it right away.

“It sounds reassuring, you taste like medicine,” Jessica says whipping her lips on the napkin.

“Your caramel pudding actually taste like medicine?” Elyn scrunches her nose in disgust.

“Says the person the ate the half of it.” Jessica holds the oval container balancing with her fingers in front of Elyn.

“I saw you come in with your arms full of yogurts, puddings those kinds of stuff and you are willingly feeding me how can I say no and not eat what you feed me.” Elyn holds back reaching for Jessica’s hand bringing it to her cheek. The action made Jessica’s heart makes a roller coaster in her chest. Somehow her beat isn’t ready to decrease when Elyn says;

“I promised myself that when I will be graduate and have a proper living I will find you and tell you that I love you and all.” Elyn lets out an awkward laugh scratching the back of her nap like she usually does; “Weirdly saying it out loud sounds really different from what I have imagined. Haha!”

Jessica’s eyes water up she hadn’t let go of her hold on Elyn’s cheek, she bites her lower lip to prevent her from breaking down again. However, the younger girl’s words are making her hard to hold her tears up, she understands that she is Elyn strength and pillar and without her, Elyn wouldn’t be able to survive.

Jessica rose from her upright seating position, hugging Elyn knocking the younger girl down on the soft mattress.

“Sooyeon you alright?” Sensing her hospital blouse wetting, Elyn panics thinking that she has said something that she shouldn’t have. She caresses Jessica’s back in a comforting way hoping to calm the crying girl down; “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have said that…” Elyn trails of not knowing what to do or to say; “I love you Sooyeon-ah, I can’t live without you.” With those words, Jessica cries, even more making Elyn tighten her grip around her waist.

×

“Wake up sleeping beauty.” Elyn purrs leaning in kissing Jessica’s cheeks and wiping off the sleepiness from her eyes.

“Morning baby, did you sleep well?” Jessica snuggles closer circling her arms around the younger’s neck.

“We have to wake up because I’m discharging this morning Sooyeon ah.” Elyn taps on the business woman’s waist hoping to wake the woman up.”

“Can we stay five more minutes?” Jessica asks her voice still thin from the sleep, making Elyn nods in agreement.

“Only five minutes.” Kissing the crown of Jessica Elyn caresses her hair gently. “I don’t want you to cry for me again Sooyeon-ah, at this rate you’ll get dehydrate. You cry too much for my liking…” Elyn leans her head in kissing Jessica cheeks repeatedly, the business woman stirs, she has fallen back asleep without notice, her hand reaches up to hold on the younger girl’s cheek. Jessica sits up stretching herself under Elyn’s curious stare that looks at her like she is some alien.

“Muhaaaa! Did you sleep well, Baby?” Jessica plants a big chaste kiss on Elyn and asks living the younger girl dumbfounded.

“Huh…. Yeah, I did sleep well except the part where you pull all the cover to your side and left me in the cold.” Elyn says getting off the bed.

“No I didn’t pull all the cover on my side,” Jessica says following Elyn behind

“You did now go wash up a little so we can get out of here,” Elyn says pushing the business woman into the small bathroom attached to the room.

 

×××

“SO….?” Henrick says throwing a ball in his hand up and down while looking at Elyn pack her thing in the hotel room it was their last day at Busan.

“What?” Elyn folds her tees putting in her bag.

“I heard the others says that you and Ms. Jung are really close. Did you and she mend up?” Henrick asks hinting some mischief in his voice to make his best friend split.

“Sooyeon-ssi and I are together again.”

“Better be late than never.” Henrick smirk his chin in amusement.

“What an encouragement.” Elyn retorts back

“Yeah yeah…”

*Knock knock*

Elyn and Henrick look at each other, at the sound when someone barge in it is Sooyeon walking in with a bright smile hugging Elyn tightly.

“We have to leave in an hour,” Jessica says still clingy on the younger girl that only nods.

“Ahem… somebody is really clingy here.” Henrick says looking aside from the couple.

“Ah… you are here I haven’t seen you. How are you?” Jessica says smugly

“Good Ms. Jung thank you for your concern.” Henrick smiles mockingly

“I’m done anyway, we can go out buy some book before the depart,” Elyn says kissing Jessica’s cheek lightly, leaving Henrick mumbles about disgusting people put on a public display of affection. 

“Sound good baby oh!” Jessica bits her lip looking aside making Elyn probes searching for her eyes.

“What’s wrong Sooyeon-ah?” Elyn leans down a bit.”

“Move in with me,” Jessica says almost inaudible, but Elyn gets it.

“I…. I hum… I don’t know.” The younger says hesitantly.

“I’m not taking no for an answer and I’m worried when you are not by my side.” The business woman holds on Elyn’s waist.

“I have to take care of YooMin first...”

“She can move in with us until college there is plenty of space and I know Taeyeon will move out with Baekhyun anyway. You don’t have to worry I’m not discarding your sister. Just say yes please.” Jessica looks up reaching for Elyn’s face.

“I have to ask her moreover that she own you an apology.” Elyn is still indecisive not that she doesn’t want to, somehow, she feels like she is imposing some of her life to Jessica.

“I said I’ll take care of you, I mean it Elyn I’m not leaving you and put yourself in danger just to find a living I’m here now and if it means that I have to take all your luggage I’ll take it gladly whether is good or bad.” Determinate Jessica finds confidence in her words to convince the younger girl.

“Sooyeon I don’t want to impose myself and making you have a hard time.” Elyn leans in the warm of Jessica’s hand.

Henrick skips his way out as soon as Jessica tip toe to kiss Elyn fully on the lips.

“I love you, Elyn… so much.” Jessica says brushing her nose on the latter’s; “Says yes please and the rest we’ll see it later.”

The younger girl nods gently smiling, pulling Jessica up for another long deep kiss.

×

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter