Part ~ 4. 1

Crossing Your Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part ~ 4. 1

“YOU WHAT? Sica are you insane?!” Yeah really President Jung are you in your right mind?

Taeyeon, Jessica’s best friend cannot believe what she just heard; her Jessica Jung a cold heartless best friend that never mind someone else business just kissed a college distress student?! Never in a lifetime has she heard it coming from her Sicachu…. Us too President Kim…. Us too.

“I know but I can’t help it’s just a thing that I can’t control.” Jessica puts her face in her hands thinking about what she had shared with Elyn three days ago.

“You need to break up with her.” Taeyeon rose up from her seat starting to pace around the office in panic.

“I can’t I’m not doing it.” Jessica shakes her head, she stills need to know more, to help her, to feel her, to make love to her. Not now, not in a long time either…. .

“You’ll get harm if you date her. Do you actually know her? Or realized what you are doing?” Taeyeon raises her voice being surprised but the announcement of her best friend and the situation Jessica has put herself into. Everything makes Taeyeon worried. Moreover she is furious at her beastie.

“I know she is poor and have a bunch of loans people persecuting her.” Jessica’s voice is lace with worries.

“Have you ever thought about your safety first smartass? Do you realize that you can just put yourself in danger?”

“I have back up plans and they won’t harm me if I pay them and ask them to stop.” Jessica is hesitant, she doesn’t really think of what she just jumped in.

“Do you think that asking them kindly will solve all her problems…?” Taeyeon is on the verge on pulling her hair out. Mrs. Kim calm down we will find a solution. No I mean, I will find a good thing to tell ^-^

“I know what I am doing.” Jessica starts to panic now understanding what Taeyeon just said.

“So you are willing to pay for he, without knowing anything about her?! You are a business woman not some charity foundation.” Taeyeon shakes Jessica with angriness trying to make the heartless business woman wake up from her mistake.

“I have to help her she went to the university beaten up like a dead meat. How would you react if you see someone you are attracted to struggling like this?” Jessica looks blankly at Taeyeon.

“Sica control your ing hormone. You are physically attracted to her and nothing else, just because you found her charming; innocent and y don’t mean that you can put your life in danger!”

“No! I truly like her just like you love Baekhyun! Moreover you would do the same as me, anger and frustration will eat you up and you will start to want to get revenge; and making those people pay.” Jung fires back at her best friend denying the deep truth of her envy.

“I know her more than I can describe it to you. Trust me Tae and Help me.” Jessica slumps on the couch behind her running her fingers in her hair helplessly.

“I will, I just don’t want you to regret and make a mistake.” Taeyeon surrenders trying to comfort her firend

“I’m not she worth all the love and attention that I can give her.” Jessica searches for Taeyeon’s eyes trying to convince the latter.

“Is she at least good to you?”

“Yes, she is the kind that do without saying, she always have that little attention that always melt my heart, even if it’s small and meaningless, for me they are like treasure.” Jessica gives some implicit reasons why she likes Elyn so much.

Taeyeon stares at her best friend in disbelief, she never once in her entire life will think that her cold and passive friend would fall for someone so cheap and miserable. Although all those disagreements Taeyeon is willing to help her friend, she reaches for her desk phone to call some loans companies and look thru her closest friends to find some names and dig for the people that have beaten up Elyn.

Jessica goes to her side and back hugs her tightly. “You know I love you more than anything, I would exchange or relationship for nothing on this earth.”

“I love you too Sica.” Taeyeon leans her head on Jessica chin closing her eyes. “You just put some more work for me to do while you playing teenage love out there.” She chuckles lightly.

“I’m not playing teenage love, I’m in love. She is 22 years old that’s not young. Baekyeon is younger than you too!”

“Hey he is only four years younger not six like you and your student!” Taeyeon gives out her famous pout that always melt her best friend heart.

“Okay fine she is lot younger than me, but age doesn’t matter when it comes to love.” Jessica shrugs her shoulder looking straight forward.

“Anyway don’t you have to meet her?” Taeyeon raises her brow.

“Yes I have to go to the café that she works to work with her on an assignment.” Jessica slightly smiles.

“Oooh! Give me the address so I can go with the girls and Baek there.” Taeyeon is getting exciting

“It’s one of Sunny’s café in Cheongdam.” Jessica shakes her head while seeing her best friend acting like a kid. She lets go of the embrace heading out the office.

“Okay I note that!” Taeyeon gives a toothy smile to her friend and wave goodbye.”

 

×××

 

Back to three before.

Sooyeon applies gently on the bruise spot circling her finger softly, while Elyn is looking at her lovingly raising her hand to caress Sooyeon’s brown light hair.

Still circling her finger Sooyeon looks up to Elyn and asks; “Did it hurt?”

“No…” Elyn is smiling shaking her head no.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Everything.” Elyn lets out a breathy voice.

“How you end up having those people behind your back?” Jessica looks at the latter expectantly.

It takes the latter few minutes before inhaling and answered the question.

“After my parents death I figure out that my dad had debts so all the money that our family has saved end up paying his debts…. Then comes the critical moment when I have to go the college and pay for my tuitions and have a livings, then YooMin my little sister she was completely broken when the doctor said that it was too late…. My parents couldn’t be saved. I saw her struggling to advance, to open herself then she start to destroy herself little by little because I wasn’t there to take care of her, due to the multiple works that I have to take to allow us to survive. She becomes rebellious and violent she gets into fights every time that there an open opportunity. My parent’s accident affects her a lot more than me.” Elyn’s eyes get teary.

“I’m sorry.” Jessica hugs Elyn.

“It’s okay it is in the past now and YooMin is recovering from all those situations.” Elyn breathes out smiling faintly.

“You are strong you know, I think I fall for you because you are brave.”

“You are mysterious Jung Sooyeon.” Elyn smiles.

“Why?” The glasses girl furrows her brows not fully understanding the sentences.

“I don’t know I just feel like it, you are the first person that makes feel loved actually.” Elyn releases herself from Sooyeon embrace, staring at her intensely.

“What if they don’t stop like Henrick said?” Jessica asks worried.

“They won’t stop, not until they killed me and make my sister a e.” Elyn takes the cream from Sooyeon’s hand; she squeezes cream onto her index and starts rubbing it on her jaw.

The last sentence from Elyn sends shivers thru out Jessica’s body. She now knows that to help Ely she has to be smart and really meticulous in all her plans.

“I want to stay with you.” Really President Jung? Will you put yourself in danger?

“Listen Sooyeon I love everything that you do to me, your caring side and all but it’s not that I don’t want you be around but, you have to know that being with me is to be in danger.”

“I saw it yesterday…. I never ran so much in my entire life ahahaha!” Sooyeon laughs

“Haha yeah… I’m sorry.” Elyn embarrassingly scratch her head.

“Do you always….. I mean experiment that?”

“Yeah at least thrice a month I think. I own them a lot so when they do have or are waiting to long they come the beat me up and take the money.”

“What about your sister?” Sooyeon snatches playfully the tub back from Elyn’s hands and rubs the cream Elyn’s cheekbone.

“Luckily, they don’t know that I have a sister. That’s why that I don’t want you to be around.” Elyn tries to convince the latter.

Mrs. Jung you need to listen to the girl you like is trying to set you aside from harm.

“I know how to protect myself.” Sooyeon says sternly.

“They will hurt and scratch your beautiful face…”Elyn leans their forehead together smiling goofily.

 

×××

 

After treating Elyn’s stitches Jessica takes a few looks at her surrounding into the place that the girls live in. It is quite cozy, the atmosphere looks like the one when she was in high school up to the university, making the business woman remember her younger age lived in dorms with the girls back then. Those greedy feeling make her wants to be with Elyn 24/7.

Aish…. Is the elegant and sophisticate president ready to give up her wealthy life to be with a simple crush?

But something is capturing Jessica’s attention; she notices that the place is furnished with the strict minimum, not too much nor too less. She also sees that there a family picture next to the TV. Some pictures of the two siblings smiling and playing.

 

×××

 

The front door burst open revealing a young girl wearing a navy blue school uniform with a gro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter