Part ~ 11

Crossing Your Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: please enjoy!! ^^

The ambulance gets in the hotel up to Elyn’s room as they carried her away, Jessica falls on her knees crying, a thousand scenarios play in her head, like if it is the last time she gets to touch the latter. All the things happen so fast. As soon as she regains from her crying, Jessica runs to the parking lot, taking Taeyeon’s car driving to the hospital. She must do something as she couldn’t stay still and wait for a miracle to happen. The love of her life is maybe dying without her knowing.

Arriving at the hospital, Jessica couldn’t contain her tears, seeing the red sign lit up at the top of the surgical room when Elyn’s body has been pushed inside. Unable to do anything she isn’t even aware of Elyn’s different behavior as she always counts it on the fact that the young girl still didn’t want to forgive her and went over the wound that she left in the girl’s heart.

×

It’s been at least twenty minutes that Elyn is inside, making Jessica feels those minutes like hours, more like days. The thought about what Henrick told her days ago, is making sense now, the fact that Elyn is always alone, the way she skips meals, her pale skin and how she sweats in this freezing weather. Jessica knew but she denied it believing on something else, Elyn could have to treat herself better. Jessica digs her face in her palms scolding herself, about how much she is stupid for not pushing herself to care about the girl and convince her to go to the hospital and wait for Elyn to faint in her arms losing conscious.

Please be okay. Jessica is telling herself, repeating those words like a mantra but more like a wish.

Jessica leans back on the wall closing her eyes, thinking about how she was attracted back then by Elyn and about every little thing that the latter did to her without knowing that she was aware, Jessica thought about the way Elyn felt when she told her that she was lying and she was actually, the real Jessica Jung, she now realized how much she was stupid, because she could have Elyn in the easiest way but decided to make it hard for her own.

 

×××

 

The doctor steps out looking for someone that is close to Elyn to tell the report about the surgical. He approaches Jessica that isn’t alert about his present;

“Miss?” His strong deep voice wakes her up from her deep thought and her sadness

“Yes? How is it, doctor?” Jessica stands up immediately

“Are you her family?” He asks.

“I’m her lover,” Jessica replies without hesitance.

“Alright, well to be honest with you, your lover suffers from a deeply stabbed wound she lost quite a lot of blood.”

Jessica didn’t really register anything, as she only hears the words, ‘suffers’, ‘deep’ and the last and not least; ‘lost quite a lot’.

“She is in a stable state now as we sewed her wound and transfer blood in her body.” The doctor smiles making Jessica sigh in relieved.

“Thank you.” She says smiling.

“She’ll be transferred to the blood room in a while. Everything is okay no need to worry.”

“Thank you.” Jessica bows in gratitude looking at the doctor that left back in the surgical room.

 

×××

 

Jessica stands to face the window looking outside, waiting for Elyn to wake up, she breathes in relieved, because the young girl is alright, although she is still unconscious, but it is about time because the doctor says that she will wake soon and Jessica is happy.

A ruffle noise make turns her head into Elyn’s direction, she walks over the latter when she sees the girl flutters her eyes open. Jessica sits on the chair in front on Elyn.

The young girl looks at the ceiling trying to find out where she is, why she is here. When she feels, a cold hand touching her face, the hand is warm, healing her heart, as Elyn leans in Jessica’s palm to feel the smooth skin and the warmth.

“Where am I?” Elyn asks with a groggy voice, she turns to Jessica averting her gaze on the latter.

“At the hospital, you faint because of your wound and your exhaustion,” Jessica says.

“…” Elyn didn’t say anything back, she only forming an ‘o’ sharp with looking up at the ceiling again

“The doctor says that you lost so much blood that is why they have to transfer some in you.”

“I see” Elyn closes her eyes because she feels drowsy and have nothing left to say.

“You should sleep now, I’m leaving.” Jessica hesitantly takes off her hand from Elyn’s pale face; “I’ll come back tomorrow.” Jessica doesn’t even have time to fully move away from that Elyn catches her hand lazily pulling back on her face.

The movement caught Jessica off guards because it is unreal. The logging, the pain, the miss that she felt for almost three months is about to be over.

“Don’t go, don’t leave.” Elyn says turning her face to look at Jessica; “Stay, stay with me.”

Jessica is on the verge of crying again, she can’t believe it, she lowers her head, unable to face the latter, tear flooding her eyes.

“I’ve never stop loving you, it is what I wanted to tell you earlier before I faint.”

Those words make Jessica rose from her seat bending to hug Elyn, she deeps her head in the crook of the latter’s neck.

Elyn couldn’t move much but she tries to slowly, using the little strength she has, she circles her hands around Jessica’s small hips pulling just enough to make the latter falls on her. Startle by the movement, Jessica squeezes her eyes shut feeling every bit of her warm.

“I…- but we… I mean ….” Elyn doesn’t move she lets Jessica lays on her not even minding if the business woman is resting on her wound or not; “We can’t be together, I’m afraid that something happens to you if we are with each other. I don’t want to put you in danger.”

Jessica moves her head until she can look at Elyn in the eyes; “Why?”

Elyn smiles seem like the young girl is in a good mood, but it is more about painkiller though.

“I lost so much in my life and just in a short time, I don’t want to lose you too.”

“You know you’ll never lose me, I’m here with you now and until forever,” Jessica says caressing the latter’s face

“What if something happens to you like before, what if you get in trouble because of me? What if you get tired of me? What if…. “

Jessica shut Elyn right away collapsing her lips on the dry one kissing it passionately.

“Nothing will ever make me tired of you, I’ll never get enough of you I want you, all of you.”

With that Elyn snuggles deeper in Jessica’s chest mumbling; “Don’t leave I want to wake up in your arms.” Forgetting about the pain she circles her arms around Jessica’s body.

×

Jessica has a hand on Elyn’s cheek, with her fingers lace in the latter’s hair tracing with her thumb light caress on her ear shell, she is having a hard time to sleep not that she doesn’t want but she can’t everything is just overwhelmed the business woman just want to enjoy admiring Elyn sleep.

“I love you…. I love you so much.” Jessica says leaning in kissing her cheek.

She shifts in her position and slides her arm under Elyn’s neck and the other on her hips. The drowsy girl in dreamland isn’t aware of anything, the only thing that she does is to snuggle deeper in Jessica’s embrace. Watching Elyn sleep, Jessica couldn’t contain her emotion, she couldn’t believe her eyes that finally, she can have the girl in her arms, she can study every feature of her face.

 

×××

 

Morning rise, Jessica hasn’t taken off her eyes from Elyn still fast asleep, the younger girl needed to rest her body as it is truly exhausted, Jessica doesn’t mind about her numb shoulder with the latter’s head on. Jessica leans in kissing the eyelids, making Elyn stirs slowly opening her eyes.

Jessica caresses the younger girl face to fully wake her, Elyn turns her head looking at her.

“How are you feeling?” Jessica asks drawing small caresses on her face.

“I’m not dreaming, am I? Elyn smiles

“You are not dreaming it me Sooyeon,” Jessica says taking Elyn hands to her lips

“Then I’m happy.” Elyn tries turning on her side to have a good look at Jessica that looks at her lovingly.

“You scared me beyond belief last night.”

“I’m sorry, I was exhausted and I think I faint when you step in the room.”

“…”

Jessica leans in to kiss those precious lips of Elyn when the latter flinch a bit.

“What’s wrong where are you hurt?” Panicking Jessica sits up looking at Elyn.

“I think the anesthesia is wearing off I feel more pain than last night.” Elyn grunts

“Let me call the doctor in.” Jessica is about to move from the bed when Elyn catches her wrist;

“Wait not yet, don’t go…” The younger girl trails off

“I’m right outside I’ll come back in a second” Jessica smiles at the kid-like reaction on the stolen girl.

Elyn moves on her elbows trying to catch Jessica’s nap for a short kiss, the business woman falls securing her arms around the latter’s neck kissing her back, both savoring the little taste of each other.

“I love you,” Elyn says leaning her forehead on Jessica.

“…” Not responding back, Jessica dives in another kiss. She pulls out caressing the girl’s face; “I go get to doctor now.”

×

“Ms. Won, your bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter