Part ~ 1

Crossing Your Path
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little steps are walking the wood floor, to wake up the person lying on the floor cover with a blanket. It’s five A.M in the morning; Elyn needs to wake up to go deliver milk in the next neighborhood to earn some money. Her little sister YooMin is trying to wake her up but in vain seems like the latter is really tired and deep in a sleep. Who wouldn’t be?

Elyn is 22 years old she is taking her second year of law at Seoul University; life wasn’t easy for her and her little sister, they have to overcome a lot of things since their parent’s death, they live far away from the city, everything that they own have be sold to gather money to fill their stomach some things make them miserable, but they never show it. Not even to their close friends.

YooMin 17 year’s old high school student a real rebellious in her school, she has that luxury to always get into trouble and making her older sister having a hard time. Anyway they love each other real much and only have each other to rely on in hard times.

×××

YooMin, lays her hand on her sister’s shoulder to shake the latter up; “Onnie wake up! You have delivery in half an hour!”

She is still shaking her sister, but the latter swats her hands away and turns to the other side. YooMin refuses to surrender and peels off the blankets from her sister’s body.

Feeling the cold striking her body Elyn immediately jerks up blinking.

“What’s happening?” She scratches the back of her head.

“You have a delivery in thirty minutes.”

Elyn instantly slumps back on the blankets, mumbling; “I don’t wanna go!” She groans in frustration.

“You need to, onnie I’m the one who have to be childish here not you! Come on get up! Up!” The little sister stands up pulling her lazy sister along with her….

“Fine I’m up.” Elyn heads to the bathroom lazily without looking back. She is doing her morning routines like everyone in this world. Once done she exits the bathroom and heads to the kitchen gulping a glass of milk and runs to the place to take the scooter and deliver the milk.

The neighborhood is still asleep, but some of them like elderlies are already awake to prepare breakfast for their family, or maybe they are awake at dawn by habits or because of insomnia. Elyn is feeling a little pinch in her stomach, she misses the time when her mother cooked her breakfast before school, or when she comes home tired from her classes and see snacks freshly prepared on the table. Everything seems so far for her now; her life is now, just about one word ‘work’.

Unable to lead things like how her parents have planned for her Elyn is forced to deliver milk, work at a coffee shop and at a bar by night to pay for her tuition and her sister needs. On the other side her sister is working with her best friends at the library.

×××

Elyn is driving to the last house, she gets off her scooter putting two brigs of milk in front of the doorway. She places the milk and gets back to her scooter.

It’s nearly seven A.M the city is now half awake, her classes will start in an hour and a half, the latter runs home to grabs her thing rushing to school, and her life is on the speed all the time between classes, part time jobs. Elyn don’t really have time to spare to rest her biggest trouble is money. All her friends from college are always wondering what’s she doing after classes, they never see her hanging out or having fun. She always says when they ask her that she is busy. She sure is busy!

This morning she begins with economic from the world class the subject that she likes or maybe…. Elyn, sat almost at the back next to her best friend Henrick from kinder garden he is the only one who truly know her and support her during her hard times, he is working with her at the bar. They know each other so well that they always throw mocks and trial at each other. They are like brother and sister, true enough Elyn is born on the late summer and Henrick on the early summer. They are just inseparable.

Taking, her seat next to her bro the latter starts to take her stuff out of her bag displaying them in front of her.

“Hey! How are you today?” Henrick places his head just behind her saying softly in her ear…. making her startle.

“Oh god you scared me! Anyhow I’m good.” Elyn is holding on her beating chest.

“That’s good because today we have a special lecture.” Henrick smiles gladly.

“What are you saying we are having world economic today.”

“Yes but it lecture by the business woman Jessica Jung.”

“She really has time to waste. Coming here making us a lesson.”

“Why are you so arrogant, it’s not every day that we get to see a person like that. She is the best of the best. Her designs are absolutely amazing.”

Elyn raises a brow while looking at her best friend. “Since, when are you into girl’s fashion?” 

“Since its Jessica Jung the designer, have you seen her look the way she is! She is just really beautiful and very elegant.”

“Yeah…. If you say so.”

“Again that darn attitude of yours, come on be a bit happy it wouldn’t kill you.”

“I don’t have her money and life-style, how can I be happy?” Elyn opens her note book looking at her last note to rememorize the lesson.

“You are working at the bar with me, at the coffee shop in the Gangnam and deliver milk every morning. Three part time jobs! Relax a bit. Why are you so tense?”

“I don’t know I just can’t focus and think about how my life would be in a year everything just seem to be set in day for me.” Elyn says in defeat.

“How about I go to the coffee shop with you after classes? I will work on my assignment there.”

“Do what you want.” The latter just shrug at her best friend enthusiasm.

“Come on you will see the light one day from all the hardship you face today.” Henrick holds on his best friend shoulder to give her courage.

Elyn gives a hopeless smile.

×××

Meanwhile on the other side of the city at J.J Corporation, a brown haired woman is walking out her prestigious office. The latter is dress in a white blouse with a dark blue skirt and high heels on. Jessica walks like she is on a runway to the elevator with her assistant following behind resuming her schedule;

“Mrs. Jung you have to go to Seoul University to give a lecture with the world economic subject. Then you have a dinner with the Chinese investors.”

“Thank you Stephany.” The business woman says blandly.

“Here your paper for the lecture Mrs. Jung.” The assistant hands a bloc of sheets to her boss.

The brown haired gets out from the elevator walking fiercely to the main entrance where her chauffer is waiting for her to go to the university.

On the way Jessica is reading the paper that her assistant has handed her lately. She flips thru the sheets slightly reading the contents to memorize the most important notions, before closing her eyes to rest a bit. The latter has that typical habit to sleep when she can to catch on her tiredness. Even though she always seems to be on the top of her figure, Jessica lacks of a lot of things.

×××

Arriving at the university, the business woman makes her big entrance, all the professors are greeting her, and some of them bow formally at the latter. Jessica doesn’t really bother to look back she is just lightly bowing back and walks her way to the lecture room.

The door opens all the students immediately calm down, some of them are whispering like how Jessica Jung is beautiful, others are just looking in awe at the brown haired woman.

Jessica walks to the desk putting her things down, analyzing the place from the back to the front. She locks her stare at the white wall in the back to divert her thought and focus before clearing greeting the entire place.

“Good Morning everybody, I am Jessica Jung presiden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter