station seven

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Station Seven.      

~ restarting or reconnecting? ~

 

 

Arriving for his work today, Ryeowook flashed a contagious bright smile towards his sleepy co-staffs. “Good morning guys,” he greeted and made his way onto his own desk. If his colleagues were curious of his recent behaviour they did not voice it out. He was happier these past few days and Sungmin guessed that it was because of someone.

“You looked so happy. What’s up with you these days?” he finally inquired an hour later after they were back from the dietary department.

“Nothing. I’m just on my usual happy self. Why?”

“Really? I don’t believe you,” he scoffed. “I knew that smile Wook,” he pointed at his friend’s smile currently curved on his face. Ryeowook wiped Sungmin’s hand away from his face and turned his back to arrange the pile of papers on the front desk. Sungmin grinned evilly knowing that he was right but his friend won’t surrender to him. I guess I should wait for more happenings, he thought.

They were busy doing their own work when a tall familiar-looking lady entered the scene. She is looking at the signs on the wall, like she’s lost in that big hospital. Or perhaps she is looking for someone – visiting a patient maybe.

“Umm excuse me Miss, are you visiting a patient?” Nurse Yuri asked her.

The lady smiled, “Hmmm yeah, I’m looking for your most spoiled brat patient here,”

The nurse stifled her laugh. “I can help you find him or her. What is the room number please?”

“I doubt he’s in his room now. That brat wanders around all the time,”

Nurse Yuri looked at her in confusion. They don’t usually allow the patients to wander around except for when they were asked to walk around the hallways for some exercise, if their body is well enough to do that. “Oh, is that so? Then if you could tell me his name, I can find him for you,” she said before going in front of the computer, ready to search the name of the patient and room number.

“Cho Kyuhyun,” she said smiling and leaning on the desk.

Three pairs of eyes looked at her upon mentioning the name but it was Ryeowook who stood up from his chair and spoke after recovering from the initial shock. “Ahra noona?”

“Ryeowookie? Is that you?” her eyed widened but soon smiled in recognition.

“Yeah, it’s me,” he laughed and approached Ahra. She opened her arms welcoming the little man with a tight hug.

“It’s been a long time Wookie! How are you? I didn’t hear anything from you ever since we moved away!”

“I’m good. I lost contact even with Kyuhyun, but it’s great see you again! You’ve become prettier noona,” he said breaking away from the hug.

“I’m always pretty you know,” she winked and flip her hair. “I’m glad I went here instead at home or else I wouldn’t see you. That brat doesn’t always talk to me because of his weird schedule. I can only see him occasionally even when he’s still studying.”

“My schedules are like that too. I barely had time to go for a vacation. Thankfully I have day-offs... like tomorrow,”

Somewhere around the corner, Kyuhyun appeared, walking while texting someone on his phone. Ahra spotted him immediately and yelled his name. Kyuhyun almost dropped his phone when he heard her voice. Ahra waved her hand on Kyuhyun excitedly as he approached her.

“Noona! Why are you here?!” he asked shocked from seeing his older sister who was supposed to be out of the country right now.

“I arrived just now but don’t worry, I won’t stay because I will be heading to our parents later,”

“Hmmm that’s good then,” Kyuhyun said relieved.

His sister smacked his stomach hard. “Yah be nice. You don’t always answer my emails. I didn’t know you two were back together again--,” she gestured toward him and Ryeowook. Kyuhyun covered his sister’s mouth, flustered at what she had said. He looked at Ryeowook whose ears turned red instantly and mouthed a ‘sorry’ before dragging Ahra inside his office.

Ryeowook went back to his pile of papers while Sungmin was smirking at him. He ignored his friend and tried to calm himself. His cheeks were burning and avoided the questioning stares of his co-staffs.

 

“Noonaaaa, what do I do with you???” Kyuhyun wiped his face in annoyance with his sister. Ahra do love to torture him like that because she suspects that he feels something more than friendship with Ryeowook.

“You acknowledge that you love him now?” she inquired.

“I didn’t say anything!!!”

“Oh so why did you react like that? You were so obvious Kyuhyunie,” her laughter annoyed the hell out of her little brother.

“And why would you say something like that in front of him? Look, he was not the only one who heard it!”

“That was just a wholesome statement! And you didn’t even let me finish my sentence dear. I was going to tell you that ‘oh you two are back together as best buddies’. Unfortunately or not, someone overreacted so you’re going to explain yourself to him later...” Ahra winked at him.

“I hate you,” Kyuhyun glared.

“I love you too,” Ahra was not at all threatened by his brother. Fights like this were normal between the two of them. In fact, she missed these fights because she has been living away from the family si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter