station sixteen

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Station Sixteen    

~ curved paths ~

 

 

“Kyuhyunnie it’s nice to see you again!”

 

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook both turned around and finally noticed the other person beside them. The woman who is obviously a doctor smiled at Kyuhyun.

“I didn’t know you are working here! If only I’ve known earlier I could have accepted the offer before,” she said.

“H-Hana? Why are you here?” Kyuhyun said surprised. “I thought you’re in Japan?”

“Nope. I’m here, and I’ll be working here,” she batted her eyelashes which made Ryeowook flash dagger looks at his boyfriend. Kyuhyun paled upon hearing that Hana is working at the same hospital as him and Ryeowook.

“You probably don’t know about this because you were absent during the welcome party for me. So I’m really surprised that I saw you here now. I thought I’m imagining things,”

Kyuhyun remembered the party that his fellow had mentioned him a last week. She must be the new staff they were talking about. Of all the hospitals in the city why here, he groaned in his mind. “I was busy with important things that time so I didn’t attend the party,” Kyuhyun simply said. He badly wanted to think of a way of escaping from her so he looked at Ryeowook, not listening to Hana talking to him. However when he saw the sour look on his lover’s face he realized that he is somewhat pissed.

Help me please. Kyuhyun tried to silently communicate through his eyes. I’ll explain everything later.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and looked at his wristwatch. He cleared his throat before interrupting Hana. “Uhmm excuse me, I have to go and visit a patient,” he said briefly looking at Hana and then to Kyuhyun. It was a half lie because he needed to go back to the dietary department first to get the patient’s diet list. He didn’t wait for Kyuhyun to reply and just walked away from the scene and towards the elevator.

Kyuhyun took this as a cue for him to leave. “I also need to leave now. I need to do my rounds,” he lied. And he didn’t wait her go signal and immediately walked away to catch up to Ryeowook. He saw the petite man inside the elevator so he ran and pressed the button before the elevator doors closed.

Ryeowook crossed his arms and leaned at the corner of the elevator.

“Are you mad?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Do I have a reason to be mad?”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “She’s a former schoolmate. I met her in one of the organizations in the university and she had always liked to follow me. I always tried to avoid her and I really thought she’s abroad. I didn’t know how she came here – if she knows that I’m here or if it is completely coincidence,”

“For us who works in the same field, the world is small,” Ryeowook said still not looking at him.

Kyuhyun stepped a bit closer to him and touched his arm. “Hey, don’t be mad anymore. I swear, I don’t like her and there’s no history between us.”

“I’m not mad,” Ryeowook stubbornly replied.

“So what is this drama huh?”

“Nothing... she’s just...you know, irritating. Look at how she fluttered her eyes at you! She obviously wants you,”

Kyuhyun smiled. He finally figured out the problem. He thought Ryeowook was mad that he didn’t mention anything about her to him before. Now he knows it’s not about that.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous?” he teased. Ryeowook glared at him and opened his mouth to say something but the elevator door opened and his floor so released a sigh instead and walked out of the elevator.

“You know I won’t stop until I see you smile at me again,” Kyuhyun said catching up with him.

“For your information, I’m not jealous of her,” he hissed walking fast and reaching the doors to the department. The staffs who saw him greeted him but he just walked straight to the office along with Kyuhyun who was following him.

“Don’t you have a job to do right now?” Ryeowook said getting a mirror to fix his hair. He had to be presentable when he facing his patients.

“Yes, but I’ll go with you upstairs,” Kyuhyun replied sitting on the office chair beside Ryeowook. “Where do you want to go later? Let’s go and eat before going home,”

“But it will be late –,”

“I don’t care if it’s late or I’m so tired. I only wanted to spend some time with you, even if we are busy with our own jobs,” he said staring at Ryeowook’s eyes.

Ryeowook thought for a moment before finally giving in. “I want some cheesecake,” he requested.

“Okay, noted!” Kyuhyun grinned. When his lover was done fixing himself he took Ryeowook’s hand pulled him out of the office. Together, they went back to the elevator. Both stayed silent along the way and when Ryeowook reached his floor he pulled his hand from Kyuhyun but the other tightened his grip.

“Kyu, I have to go now,”

“I know. I just wanted to do something before I let you go,” he said. Kyuhyun pressed the hold button and pulled Ryeowook before cupping his face with his free hand. He then leaned in to steal a quick kiss before someone sees them inside the elevator.

“I love you,” he whispered before letting go of Ryeowook’s hand.

A little surprised by his lover’s sudden display of affection he wasn’t able to respond immediately. But thinking that someone might need to use the elevator he quickly recovered himself. Forgetting what they were bickering about minutes ago, he smiled faintly at Kyuhyun.

“I love you too. See you later okay?” and he stepped out of the elevator. Kyuhyun watched him until the elevator’s doors fully closed and he released a tired sigh.

 

 

Sungmin glanced at the wall clock and then back to Ryeowook's empty office table. His friend and colleague is late for thirty minutes already and it's making him worry. He had already covered up for him by updating the diet list yet his friend haven't arrived yet. He should be here and getting ready to go and visit the patients upstairs.

"Did you receive any calls from Ryeowook?" he asked their secretary who happen to be inside the room and printing something on the printer.

"No. You should get ready in case he doesn't arrive. With the heavy rain outside, only few of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter