station fifteen

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Station Fifteen     

~ crossing boundaries ~

 

 

Saturday came and Ryeowook cannot wipe off the stupid grin on his face the whole time he was on duty. His good mood cannot be ruined even when one of their food servers got lost and delivered the wrong meal to one of the patients. He simply accepted the apology when in fact the mistake could cost him his license if you gave the wrong diet to the patient. Well thankfully nobody complained and it was all solved quietly.

At two in the afternoon he got out of his lab gown and began fixing himself and his things. He insisted that he would meet Kyuhyun at the hospital lobby. He said that his staffs will only more if they happen to see Kyuhyun fetching him down the dietary department.

“You’re going home early today huh,” Sungmin commented. He just arrived in time for his late shift. “I guess there are no paperworks?”

“None and that’s good news for you,”

“Oh thank God! I want to take a break from those headache inducing papers!”

“But we’re not yet done with the research. The supervisor’s just checking it now so everyone is relaxing for the mean time,”

Ryeowook folded his lab gown and put it inside his mini locker. And then he picked up a mirror and fixed himself. He sprayed himself some perfume too.

“Now I understand...” Sungmin suddenly blurted out and Ryeowook looked at him with questioning eyes. “You two will see each other am I right?”

“We always see each other. We both work here.”

“No. I mean, you two will go out... you know...something like a date,” he pointed out.

“And what makes you think like that?”

Sungmin rolled his eyes like Ryeowook had just asked a dumb question. “I’ve known you long enough to memorize your actions. You usually don’t care about how you look when you’re going home. All you want is to get home fast.”

“Ughh you always tease me! I wasn’t like that before you and your girlfriend got together,”

Sungmin stood up from his chair and went beside Ryeowook. “It’s fun teasing you because you look cute when you blush like that,” he pinched Ryeowook’s cheek before leaning to smell his perfume. “And I’m sure Kyuhyun-ssi will be tempted to kiss you when you smell this good.”

Ryeowook slapped his arms away and grabbed his phone where he got a message from Kyuhyun.

I’m here, are you done?

Typing in a quick reply, he put his phone inside his bag. He took one sticky note from his desk and plastered it on Sungmin’s forehead before he dashed towards the door. “That’s a list of special requests for dinner. See you tomorrow, byeee!”

 

 

When the doors of the elevator opened on the ground floor, Ryeowook immediately saw Kyuhyun seating on the sofas in the front lobby. Gone were the white coat and stethoscope that always identify him as a doctor. Instead, he now looks like an ordinary civilian.... a good looking one in Ryeowook’s opinion. He wanted to slap himself for thinking thoughts like that to his... err... special friend.

He walked towards Kyuhyun’s direction and the other smiled upon seeing him approaching.

“Kyu...” he greeted.

“Are you ready?”

Ryeowook nodded. “But where we will go?”

“I’ve spent my free time looking for nice places for a date and I’ve found one that you would really like. And we also need to find good restaurants to eat because I’m starving,”

“Where is that place?”

“You will see later,” he offered his hand to Ryeowook. “So, will you trust me today to make you happy?”

The smaller stared in the loving eyes of Kyuhyun and smiled. He reached out to hold the taller’s waiting hand. Always, Ryeowook wanted to say but he kept it inside his head for the moment. He was sure he will be able to say that to him in the future.

 

Starving from their hectic duty, Kyuhyun brought him first to a Japanese restaurant that they found on the way. Ryeowook have been craving for something Japanese since days ago so he excitedly pulled Kyuhyun’s hand when they passed by the restaurant.

“You look like a little kid excited for a piece of cake,” Kyuhyun teased when they were seated and waiting for their order.

“Shut up. You don’t know my struggle,” he pouted. “I wanted to go out and treat myself but I don’t have time for that. Instead of going anywhere I’m conserving my energy to go home and sleep.”

“But you sleep on the train though,”

Ryeowook shook his head. He denied sleeping on the train when he doesn’t have a company. He has the habit of oversleeping when too tired and if he tries napping on the train, he might miss his station. Instead, he just patiently waits for his station and hurry back home to his bed.

“So you only sleep when you’re with me huh?” Kyuhyun grinned.

Ryeowook frowned and shook his head again. “Why it’s all about you?”

“As far as I know, I’m the only one you go home with...Well, maybe Sungmin is an exemption but --,” he patted his right shoulder. “...my shoulder is more comfortable to lean and sleep on right?”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and laughed. “No way! Sungmin is cuddly and sweet,”

Saying that Ryeowook’s new best friend is much better than him suddenly got in Kyuhyun’s nerves. Ryeowook hid his smile knowing that the other is getting jealous. Kyuhyun knows that Sungmin has a girlfriend but he still gets jealous of him.

“You snuggle with Sungmin???” he asked his voice thick with jealousy. He doesn’t want to admit to the other but he gets irritated when the new best friend acts so close with his love interest. Even if it’s obvious Ryeowook is not interested with Sungmin aside from pure friendship.

“What is wrong with that?”

“We will go home together tonight! I’ll prove to you that my shoulder is more comfortable to sleep on!” he argued like a kid and Ryeowook secretly wanted to take a video of how silly Kyuhyun was.

“I will not sleep with you!!!” Ryeowook argued but blushed afterwards when he realized what he had said.

It seemed like Kyuhyun took it as a challenge. “Oh really?” he smirked.

Ryeowook was spared from the embarrassment and answering him for a while when their order arrived. They bowed and thanked the waitress after she served their food on the table.

“Let’s it now!” Kyuhyun smiled and he picked a piece of sushi and held it in front of Ryeowook’s mouth, offering it to him. The other hesitated for a second but then accepted the offering. “Ah I’m really starving!”

Ryeowook remembered the times when Kyuhyun would feed him with food. It was his habit. In the years he has known him, they always ate together when possible. He was his lunch buddy when they were younger and until now it didn’t change even with that long separ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter