End.

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EPILOGUE PART 2: The Last Station


I just think that I miss you    

I just want to hold onto you

No matter how far I come back

The last place I go is this path where you were next to me

 

 


“You’ve been frowning ever since you entered my shop dear, do you have any problem?” said the old lady from the burger shop where Kyuhyun and Ryeowook used to go. “It’s my first time to see you in a bad mood,”


There weren’t many customers that day so the old lady decided to sit by Kyuhyun and chat with him. She became so fond of him and Ryeowook since they were little and so she was happy to see them grow into fine individuals. Because of this fondness, she sometimes gives them treats during occasions. For her, they weren’t her loyal customers but her children.


“Eat this and maybe your mood will lighten a bit,” she said giving him a plate of cheeseburger and some drinks. Kyuhyun thanked her but his facial expression didn’t brighten up.


“I think Ryeonggu is mad at me,”


“Huh? Did you do something wrong? Did you fight?” she asked.


Kyuhyun looked down on his plate and shook his head. “I don’t know. Maybe I did? But I don’t know what it is. I think he’s purposely ignoring me now.”


“You must have done something to piss him off,” she commented. “Ryeowook rarely gets mad you know it.”


“How am I going to make it up for him? How am I going to say sorry when he’s not communicating to me? I’m trying to be understanding here but I’ getting a little bit impatient now. Ahjumma, if only I could see right now, maybe I can fix whatever it is,”


“Just be patient dear. If you really love him this wouldn’t break the two of you,”


“I will be. I’m waiting for him to come back... in a week,”


The old lady didn’t speak for a moment but she smiled gently while staring at Kyuhyun who sulkily eating his food. “Kyuhyun, why did you never forget about Ryeowook during the years that you were apart? I heard that you two didn’t have any communication for years,”


Taken aback by the sudden question, it took him a while before he answered. For a moment Kyuhyun remembered those days where he wished he had his best friend by his side. Those days where he would fondly look back at his childhood memories with him. Come to think of it, why he didn’t forget him in the midst of his busy college years?


“Ryeong must have left a special place in my heart right at the start. When he approached and befriended me, that must have left a lasting impression on me. You’ve seen how we became close right? Whenever we go here after classes...” the old lady smiled in recognition. “I became so attached to him that he became a permanent person in my life.”


“Did you know that you love him before?”


Kyuhyun’s lips formed a small smile. “I knew I love him but I think it’s mere friendship before it turned to love. If I loved him to that extent before maybe I didn’t had the guts to leave.”


They were silent for a while before Kyuhyun asked. “Why are you asking about this ahjumma?”


The old lady didn’t answer his question but looked away watching the people that passes by her shop. “Love is a mischievous feeling. It hides in different forms and confuses the hell out of people. But do you know that love has its own ways of finding itself?”
“Maybe you didn’t know before that you will develop romantic feelings for your closest friend but as for me, I think I kind of expected it.”


Kyuhyun gave him a questioning look.


“I saw the way you two look at each other. I recognized that look. It reminded me of my youthful days with my husband,” she said. “You two are so cute that it feels like I’m watching my younger self before me.”


“That look...I knew what it is.”


“It is love,”

 


Kyuhyun looked at his wristwatch. He was just in time. He wandered his eyes to the tracks as he wait for the arrival of the train. And he was right, in few minutes he saw the train from the distance. He felt his heart beat in excitement and anticipation. He also felt a little bit of nervousness as he will be seeing him for the first time in eight months.


Moments later the train arrived and the passengers began to rush out of the train. Kyuhyun doesn’t where he would exactly find him but he trusted his instincts to lead him to his beloved.

 

 

Kyuhyun half heartedly walked towards the train door. He kept looking back to see if his best friend arrived. Today he will be leaving for college and Ryeowook had promised to send him off. However, he wasn’t around yet. Kyuhyun began to worry that he will not be seeing him today. The time is running out.


“Kyuhyun I think we should board the train now. We need to settle our stuffs,” his mother said gently.


“But mom, I still need to see Ryeonggu,”


“I know, but honey our train is leaving in few minutes. I think you two should just say your goodbyes on the phone,”


Kyuhyun tried to be stubborn but he didn’t have a choice. A minute before the train leaves, he scanned the busy train station for his friend but got disappointed. With a heavy heart, he stepped on the train.


He didn’t get to see him that time but what he didn’t know was his friend arrived at that same platform few minutes after they left. It was just too late to say goodbye.

 


Kyuhyun was slightly worried when he didn’t find Ryeowook among the passengers that were going out from the train. But his worries were washed away when the train passed by leaving the station once again. There he was...standing at the other side of the tracks and staring right back at him.


“Ryeowook,”


He didn’t waste any time. He ran towards the crossing and waited until the signal turned green and crossed the tracks. He was slightly panting when he reached him.


“Ryeowook,” he repeated looking straight at his eyes. Finally he stepped forward and embraced him in his arms. For a moment he didn’t think about the misunderstanding between them. He only wanted to express how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter