station three

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Station Three.

~ stopping at your station ~

“Merry Christmas, Ryeowook!” his colleagues greeted him goodbye before heading on to their own families for Christmas Eve. Unfortunately for Ryeowook he was scheduled for a night shift so he will be spending it with the patients and fellow staffs who were also with the same schedule as him.

“Merry Christmas! Have fun with your family!” Ryeowook waved back before looking back again at his laptop. It doesn’t bother him that he needs to work at this moment. All he needs to do was to review the diets of the patients in his ward for tomorrow since he will be off duty. He also instructed his assistant on what to do so nobody would bother him with emergency texts tomorrow.

“Sungmin did you receive the latest medical charts?” he asked his friend who was busy texting someone on his phone.

“Yup. It’s on my desk,”

Ryeowook peeked at the table beside him and reached for the clipboard sitting on the folders pilled on Sungmin’s desk. He browsed on it, carefully taking note of the details while making a diet prescription.

“Hey Min, is the doctor still there? I have a few clarifications about a patient here,” he asked again. His friend was still engrossed chatting with his girlfriend.

“Yeah, Doctor Cho is still in his office. I think he will be here all night long like us,” he replied.

Ryeowook’s ears perked up hearing the surname. “Doctor Cho?”

Finally Sungmin looked away from his phone to stare at his best friend. “Yeah, Doctor Cho. You know, the new doctor in town,”

“I didn’t know about this. How about Doctor Shim? Did he get transferred?” he shot questions to the other person.

“Ah he’s still here. I don’t know much but I heard that he was a good friend of Doctor Shim. Probably he referred him to the director. He is getting his residency here,”

Suspicious about this new ‘Doctor Cho’ he stood up and went to the doctor’s office leaving Sungmin bewildered at his actions. It was a few steps from the dietary ward and upon reaching the door he knocked on it. Hearing a faint ‘come in’ voice he turned the doorknob and went inside.

Ryeowook’s suspicions were confirmed when he saw this new doctor busy doing something on his laptop. He was wearing white coat and underneath it was a light blue long sleeves shirt. His eye glass adds to his nerdy yet handsome look. And on the pocket of his white coat, an I.D was attached.

“Kyuhyun?”

The said person paused the game he was playing on his laptop before looking up in surprise at the person in front of him. However, the surprise was soon replaced by a grin on his face.

“Yes? Do you need something?” he spoke, fighting the urge to laugh at Ryeowook’s surprised yet confused face.

“Why are you here?” he asked sitting down on the seat opposite his office desk.

“Funny it is that we met twice now and you ask me the same question,” he chuckled. “I forgot to mention to you last week where I’ll be working. And I didn’t know you’re also working here,”

Ryeowook nodded, clutching the clipboard in his hands. “So you knew Changmin-ssi?”

“Yeah, he is my senior in university,” he took off his glasses and placed it on the desk. “That brat, I didn’t know that you two knew each other.”

“I-I don’t think I’ve mentioned your name to him. Maybe he doesn’t know,” Ryeowook reasoned trying not to sound rude or hurt his feelings. Instead, a smile was till plastered on Kyuhyun’s face as he stares making him look away.

Kyuhyun transferred from his chair to the seat beside Ryeowook. He extended his hand.

“Huh?” Ryeowook asked confused.

“I know you didn’t come here for nothing. You have questions about that,” Kyuhyun pointed at the clipboard.

 

Kyuhyun handed Ryeowook a cup of warm coffee as the walk along the hallways of the hospital. After helping him finishing the diet prescriptions, Kyuhyun dragged him to eat outside. As they can’t wander away from the hospital, they settled on the convenience

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter