station ten

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Station Ten

~ playing family ~

 

 

Kyuhyun went to check one of his little patients one night. He arrived at the little girl’s room and found one of the nurses checking her condition.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked approaching them.

She was a little bit startled by the doctor’s presence but she bowed to him and smiled. “Nothing doctor, I’m just checking on her since Mrs. Jeon left and asked me to see her from time to time.”

Kyuhyun nodded. He pulled one of the chairs in the room to sit beside the girl’s bed. “How are you feeling my dear?” he asked gently.

 “I want to play,” she pouted. “Why do I have to stay here and lie down all day?”

He chuckled at her response. “Sweetie, you’re here because you are sick. We are doing our best to make you feel better again.” He held her small hand played with it.

“But I feel better now ahjussi,” she sat up on the bed and tried to get down but the nurse stopped her.

“Careful on the IVs Soyeon,” she said.

Kyuhyun was taken aback when the girl called him ahjussi. Do I look old now? He mouthed to the nurse who only chuckled at him. “That’s good if you feel well now but we need to make sure that you will stay healthy like that.”

“Then how long do I need to stay here?”

He doesn’t want to give false hopes to the young girl so tired to play safe. “Umm less than a month?”

“Aaahhh b-but I want to play ... it’s soooo boring here,” she complained. “I want to see my playmates,”

The doctor watched in pity at the poor child. How can someone like her be sick at a very young age? According to her grandma, she’s about eight years old in few months but sometimes she acts older than her age. That was because she’s always left alone at home when her only companion life goes to work everyday.

He can’t help but feel guilty so an idea came into his mind. “What is the time now Juhyun-ssi?” he asked her.

“4:30 pm sir,” she replied looking at her wristwatch.

He smiled. Perfect, he thought.  “I think I will bring her out for awhile, you don’t mind do you?”

The nurse gave him a dumbfounded look.

 

 

Ryeowook happily hummed the lyrics of a hit song of the most popular band today while doing his evening rounds among the patients on his floor. Less than two more hours before his shift ends and he can’t wait to get all things done for the day.

He knocked on the next room down the hallway and entered only to be greeted by no one. He checked the small restroom attached in the private room but the patient wasn’t there. As far as he knows the child patients wasn’t discharged yet so he went out of the room to look for the nurse assigned there.

He found nurse Juhyun who was heading to the nurse’s station so he called after her.

“Nurse Juhyun! Juhyun-ssi!”

She heard him and stopped to turn to Ryeowook who ran after her. “Yes?”

“Do you happen to know where the patient in that room go?” he pointed at the room that he just recently checked. “The little girl... I forgot what her name was...but I’m sure you know her,”

“Ah it’s Soyeon-ssi,” she acknowledged. “The doctor who attended the patient a while ago took her outside for a walk,”

“What? Where did they go? The girl needs to eat her meal first before taking her meds,”

“They can’t possibly left the hospital so I think they’re just walking around here,” she sounded unsure.

“Who was the doctor with her?”

“Kyuhyun-ssi...”

He smirked. It’s Kyuhyun so he can easily locate them. He thanked her before turning away to make a call to Kyuhyun. It rang twice before he picked it up.

“Ryeonggu!” he chirped happily.

The smaller got flustered a bit by the greeting and looked round him to see if anyone overheard that. He walked to a corner in order to talk to him privately. “Kyu, are you with Soyeon-ssi?”

“Oh I thought you called me because you’re hungry now or if you need me... ouch...” Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Yes, I’m with her.”

“Can you bring her back to her room? She needs to eat her meal now,” he said totally ignoring Kyuhyun’s playful teasing.

“I can’t,”

“Why?”

“She’s asking to play around... I promised her to let her play outside and now she’s having too much fun. I will feel guilty if I have to stop her,”

“I didn’t know you’re so soft hearted like this Kyu,” he giggled. “...but she really needs to eat. She is schedule to take her medicine later, you know it,”

“Okay, I have an idea. Why not you go here, fetch us here in the hospital’s garden. Then let’s go to the canteen and buy her something to eat?” he suggested. “I’ll be waiting for you,” He didn’t give any chance for him to reply because he hung up immediately. Ryeowook doesn’t have a choice but to follow hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter