station five

Platform Eight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Station Five.        

~ blurred lines ~

The door knob turned revealing nurse Kwon with a clipboard in hand. She eyed the two best friends who looked so surprised by her appearance.

“Umm...did I disturb something?” she asked. “Why are you two staring at me like that,”

Sungmin grinned nervously, mentally smacking himself for over thinking that somebody overheard their conversation minutes ago. It also looks funny that Ryeowook shares the same expression as him. Maybe he thinks that it might be Kyuhyun who was behind the door.

“No-nothing... w-we’re just taking about some ghost stories ... you know we’re scared when somebody knocked hahaha–,” Sungmin lied. Ryeowook supported his best friend’s lie by nodding his head.

“Yes, thank God you came or I would be scared as hell here... Min wouldn’t like to stop his story,” he eyed Sungmin, his words flowing with deeper meaning.

Nurse Kwon was still suspicious but she didn’t dare pressed on for more info since she’s busy herself. She brought the records to Ryeowook for the new patient that will be admitted to their ward. She explained the patient’s condition to him as Ryeowook scanned the documents.

“It’s a pity that she’s the youngest patient here in our ward. You should go and see her, the doctor was checking her a while ago,” she advised. “She’s a sweet girl. It’s a pity that she’s sick.”

Ryeowook's heart softened. He loves to be with children but he doesn't want to see them in this hospital. A young girl doesn't belong in a hospital but instead in a school learning new things with fellow children. Growing up as an only child might have deprived him of acting like an older brother to a supposed to be sibling, but it didn't hinder the fact that he was good at handling kids. If he had the courage and perseverance to pursue medicine he could have chosen to be a pediatrician. It suits him since he's gentle and kind so the kids will not be scared of doctors. However, Ryeowook had others plans in life and he had settled for his current profession, and its still within the medical field anyway.

 

When Ryeowook stepped inside the room he wished he hadn't taken nurse Kwon's advise to visit the little patient. It's not because he doesn't like the kid but because Kyuhyun was still inside and talking to the guardian of the kid.

"I'm sorry for barging in doctor, ma'am," he bowed in apology. "I just want to look into the patient but I guess I can do it later..." he was about to turn the knob when Kyuhyun spoke, asking him to stay.

"Uhm Mrs. Jeon, he's our head dietitian in this ward and he will be assisting me to make sure this sweetie will be healthy," Kyuhyun said in simple words, scrunching down to pat the little girl's head gently. The girl was sleeping, IV already attached on her small arm.

"Thank you, please do your best for my granddaughter. She's my only companion now and I hate to see her suffering so young,"

"We have to observe her first. If her heartbeat will normalize through medications then we don't need for her to be in a surgery. I hope we can do it in a less painful way since she's still too young,"

"Is that so..." the old day thought for a while. "Then I have no choice but to leave her alone sometimes.. I have to look out for the shop during day time,"

"Oh you don't have to worry about her madam. We have the best people here to look out her," Kyuhyun looked straight at where Ryeowook was standing at the end of the hospital bed and winked. He grinned when he saw the smaller man fluster and avoid his eyes by looking at anywhere but him.

"Will you look out for her when I'm not around?" the old lady who caught up Kyuhyun's actions turned to Ryeowook. Of course, with the soft heart that he have, Ryeowook agreed. Well, he really does visit the patients regularly so it is not a problem.

And before Kyuhyun left the floor for Ryeowook to talk, he gave another silly smile at him and exited the room to go back to his office. Ryeowook tried not to think of anything else while talking to Mrs. Jeon but after he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter