8. Whispers in the dark

3 Meters Above The Sky

Darkness can hide our most deepest secrets, we actually hold them in a locked dark room in a part of our brain, according with Psychology we all have those little rooms.But there is something that darkness cannot hold and its the sounds, screams, laughs,conversations nothing can stop sound. 

"Agh!!" screams Luhan again until his voice breaks and there is no sound anymore, he is really afraid of what is going to happen next, he didn't thought his parents were going to be able to find him and now he could be anywhere.He has never been a big fan of the dark especially not alone, since Sehun is not there to hold him is even harder for him. 

"Oh Lulu you have grown so much my son, but your pain is never changing after all you've always been afraid of the dark" says his mother's voice making Luhan shivers run through his spine, but also is starting to get really mad.

"Let me go!" he screams to the darkness because he doesn't know where his mother is. 

"lest prepare the room" she says like he was talking with someone else, while Luhan stops going backwards until his hands touches what it seems like a wall, touching the cold surface feeling like someone is coming closer starting to panicking. 

"Don't touch me" he screams as he feels hands grabbing him injecting a liquid inside of him, while Luhan starts to faint not feeling his surroundings. 

"wake up luls" says his mother voice but he doesn't move, his mother waits but gets a little desperate purring cold water to Luhan the one opens his eyes as the lights burn a little, the room is brighter than before. 

"where am I?" 

"Thats not important, what matters is getting you ready for your marriage" says his mother making Luhan confused because he already is getting married with someone. 

"you can't make me" he says 

"really?" she says grabbing a box cutter looking it slowly getting closer, as her only son scans her slowly. 

"lingchi"she says to her son making the younger even more scared, Lingchi translates to death by a thousand cuts, in this form of execution a knife was used to methodically remove portions of the body over an extended period of time, eventually resulting in death, it was banned on China in 1905 but that is not going to stop her from torturing her son. 

"lest start shall we?" she says removing a piece of skin, making Luhan scream in pain feeling the warm blood comes out of his arm, feeling like fainting as he tries to find his ring but is not there. 

"where is my ring?" he asks looking at his mother 

"what ring?"

"don't play games with me, you know what ring" he says sweating because of the pain but also because he is stating to get really pissed off. 

"we throw it away.."she starts saying as Luhan loses himself managing to free himself running towards his mother the one smiles calling the guards, as Luhan grabs her by her neck 

"I want my ring back.. I want Sehun" he says 

"You'll never have him..because you're already someone else's" she says as the guards knock him down, Luhan wakes up by the pain of the different methods of torture she uses against him, his mind is still fighting waiting for Sehun to find him so he can finally be home. 

"You don't get it? he doesn't care about you" she says while laughing starting the electric shocks run in Luhan's body making him scream in pain, pain is the only thing that makes him remember that he is still alive.

"take him to his room" she says cleaning the instruments, as the guards grab Luhan without any difficulty, he looks at the dark room without saying anything and the guards leave him there, he falls to the ground hugging his legs. Luhan starts crying feeling like his worlds is starting to fade he doesn't know what tp do anymore starting to pass out a little.

"Sehun" he whispers to the dark, Sehun on the other hand is destroying everything that touches his hands, no one knows where Luhan is and is making him really desperate as the time goes by. 

"He has to be somewhere" he says to the police but there is no clue of where he can be

"They're doing everything they can" says Kai trying to comfort Sehun but he doesn't want anything. 

"You say that because you don't have anyone to love, you're pathetic" he says 

"Sehun! that's enough" says Kris looking at his friend the one stands up walking away without saying a word.He is is giving everything to find Luhan but nothing is working, and desperation can be our worse enemy.

"Lulu where are you?" he whispers into the air holding into Luhan's ring, the screams suddenly stop making Luhan's mother smile because she finally break his mind,looking at her masterpiece. 

"hello sweetie" she says smiling 

"Hello Mom"he says without any light on his eyes looking at anything. 

"are you going to do everything I say?"

"yes"

"well done my love, I win Oh Sehun" she says 

"Oh Sehun? who is Oh Sehun?"he asks without any emotion 

"is the name of the man you love" she says as Luhan doesn't say anything looking at the wall in front of him, without feeling the remote emotion as a tear run down his cheek.

Kyungsoo notices a white envelope on the table without address or names on it, he decides to open it slowly looking at the pictures inside getting surprised and scared wondering who took those pictures that would probably ruin his life, he starts to feel sick running towards the bathroom throwing up feeling the burning sensation on his throat.

"Kyungsoo ah?" are you okay?"asks His mother as the younger manages to calm himself, making the sure to hide the pictures from his mom. 

"I'm fine, something must had affect my stomach" he says trying to figure out whats wrong with him. Once out of the bathroom, he holds the photos behind his back while his mother looks at him trying to read his son but Kyungsoo's emotions don't come out so often.

"You have practice at Choir so go" she says, the younger nods going to his room to get ready, he looks at the pictures touching them slowly. remembering everything that happen that night, he notices the pair of headphones the elder told him to get making him smile putting the photos in a safe place as he plugs the headphones in his phone listening to music,taking his bike to Choir practice. He gets there bowing to everyone as the music starts letting himself go. One month pass by and the photos keep coming with no intentions to stop, even people is starting to talk behind the younger's back while his parents are clueless of what is going on around his son. 

"Mr.D.O wake up, this is not nap time"says his anatomy teacher making the younger jump looking at everyone confused, lately he has been more sleepy than usual, with food carvings of things he doesn't even like.Making him wonder what is wrong with him, he walks towards the cafeteria noticing the Xiuchen couple along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughing about something,he sits next to Chanyeol making the younger turn. 

"Hello hyung, how are you?"he ask with his happy virus aura, making the elder smile. 

"I'm good, thank you and you?" he ask as Chanyeol tells him that he is great having to do some community service today or something like that as he grabs his lunch opening it as the smell of onions make Kyungsoo nauseous running towards one of the trash cans throwing up almost violently as everyone looks at him, feeling a hand on his back turning to see Baekhyun along with Chanyeol that look at him with worrisome all over their faces. 

"you have a gum?"he ask as Chanyeol gives him some.

"Come one lets go" says Baekhyun walking back to the table, making sure that Jongdae and Minseok ate all the onions. 

"Whats wrong?" asks Minseok as Kyunsoo looks at him 

"I'm not sure, probably I'm getting sick"he says 

"you look pregnant to me" says Jongdae while everyone looks at him with a what-are-you-talking-about- face

"Kim Jongdae, shut up" says Minseok 

"what is not like he is a anymore"he says,making Satansoo appear almost chocking Jongdae.

"with who?"ask Baekhyun looking at his friend.

"Kim Jongin, but that can't be" he says thinking about it. 

"did you use protection?"  asks baekhyun making Kyungsoo stop breathing as he stands up running towards the parking ignoring everyone and everything even Jongin the one looks at him go,thinking in what Sehun said and how much those words hurt him. 

"you like him don't you?" asks Kris once they sit in the cafeteria looking at Chanyeol the one looks worried about something discussing among Baekhyun and the Xiuchen couple, noticing how Baekhyun looks because he doesn't know anything about Tao, the one hasn't been on school in a month. 

"I don't know how I feel but lately I worry too much for him, D.O is my mission I can't worry for him when I'm destroying him" says Jongin

"Then don't"says Kris as Jongin gets bitter, Kyungsoo gets to the store running towards the prenatal care spotting the pregnancy test grabbing 5 different brands running towards the cash register paying for them running once more towards his car, he drives home noticing his mother watching T.V

"you're home early" she asks turning 

"I wasn't feeling well" he says walking towards the bathroom reading the instructions, following every step as clearly as possible. 

"3 to 5 minutes" he reads waiting putting the timer on his phone, those are the longest 5 minutes of his life, the alarm goes scaring him a little turning towards the tests grabbing one of them, his hand trembles revealing the test slowly making him almost scream Positive he reads in every single one of them, all the brands mark the same result. 

"NO! OH GOD!!"screams Mrs.D.O making the younger flinch, wondering what is going on getting out of the bathroom still holding into the pregnancy test, as he watch himself in the T.V on the living room of the night he had. 

"as we can see the D.O's weren't who we think, I mean they didn't even bother to teach his child not to sell himself for the fame and power" says the voice of the reporter making Mrs.D.O even more mad than even throwing the remote to the T.V breaking the screen. Kyungsoo just stops thinking and listening he can clearly see Mrs.D.O on the ground screaming but he cannot hear her, he doesn't stop thinking who did this to him holding  into the pregnancy test as if was something that could save his life.

 Tao wakes up in a hospital once again,looking at the elder talking with a doctor as Tao wonders whats they're talking about. Hoping its not about his Hodgkin Lymphoma, Baekhyun turns noticing the younger looking at him he bows to the doctors walking towards Tao the one looks at him scared. 

"God, I was so worried about you. You have to eat better" says Baekhyun as Tao relaxes because he doesn't know.

"I'll take better care of myself" he says making the elder smile asking him if he wants something from the bending machine, Tao shook's his head looking at the elder go, turning to see the doctor.

"Did you talked with my doctor?"he asks 

"yes, Doctor Tang told me everything, and he wants you back as soon as possible because you fainted once again" 

"I know I'll be in Korea by the breaking dawn" he says noticing Baekhyun walking eating his bag of chips, he smiles telling the younger that they will go home now. Tao asks for his clothes walking towards the bathroom unaware that the elder actually heard that he fainted one again, making him wonder what is wrong with Tao but decides not to question anything. The younger gets out of the bathroom walking along Baekhyun towards the car, they drive towards the private landing and in the mean time Tao sleeps, once they get to the private landing the elder wakes up Tao walking him to the plane where the younger dozens off before Baekhyun can say anything. the elder follows a bit after and the flight seems like nothing because when baekhyun open his eyes again they're already in Korea, so he decides to wake up the younger. 

"Tao ah lets go"

"I don't want too" 

"we have too"

"I want to be with you" he says without opening his eyes,Baekhyun grabs his hand feeling it a little warm and also he is trembling. 

"you have me" he says making the younger open his eyes standing up along Baekhyun walking towards the door, feeling like he is about to pass out once again but hold himself because he needs to get home, the road is silent as Tao notices the breaking dawn deciding to take a picture. 

"Do you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?" asks Tao deciding to break the silent as Baekhyun looks at him 

"To be honest no, sometimes I wonder what would be to grow up with your parents it must be nice, I hardly see mine and my older brother died a few years ago. But there is something... he thought me how to drive and it really make me feel what I'm feeling every time I see you"

"what?"

"Alive" says baekhyun noticing that they're finally home starting to feel lonely already. 

"I'm really sorry about your brother, thank you for everything" says Tao gathering his things, and gets out of the car walking towards the house that's seems more scary than ever before. 

"I know this is random.. but I like you.. I'm completely in love with you, I don't care what you think.. I'm telling you anyway" says Baekhyun getting out of the car as the younger stops turning around with wide eyes, looking at the person that makes him go crazy and want to punch in the face most of the time, but also the person that makes him laugh his puppy. 

"I like you too puppy" he says smiling making Baekhyun smile even brighter getting closer to him. 

"are the things going to be better between us? I want to be with you" says Baekhyun

"They're I promise, because I want to be with you too" says Tao letting go of everything even the shoes he fight for, Baekhyun gets closer hugging him as Tao hold his tears because of how much his decisions are going to affect Baekhyun, he lets him go saying good bye the elder smiles, Tao grabs everything and goes to his house walking towards his room telling his father that he would do it. 

"excellent" he says calling the hospital to start the treatments, the next day Tao is not at school making Baekhyun worry a little as the days become weeks and the weeks a transforms into a month the elder comes to the conclusion that Tao is not coming back. 

"you look down" says Chanyeol making Baekhyun smile bitterly.

"he promised and now he is gone" 

"Zitao ah?"

"That panda" he says telling Chanyeol he is going home, getting mad thinking about Tao, once there he goes to his piano room. The curtains are close they're always closed. Chemotherapy doesn't hurt as it's believed, true there is radiation going inside of you but it doesn't hurt some say they feel warmth and others just nothing, but as the radiation kills the cancer it also kills the good cells making the body weak.Tao is reflecting it as the time goes by he hasn't loss his hair or loss any weight but the vomit has become an issue. 

"Don't over due his time" says Nara to his dad outside his room, hearing how his phone vibrates over and over but ignores it, Mr.Huang wants to give him more time than he actually need, that's the way he killed his mother by giving her more time than needed, frying her from the inside out. 

"do you think I care? just save him" he says walking away, Nara comes inside telling the nurse to stop, she nods taking the radiation out walking away as Nara looks at Tao and how fragile has become. 

"Thank you" he says smiling at her, lately they've become a little closer. 

"You miss him don't you?" she asks noticing how the younger never stops watching the window. 

"of course" 

"You're afraid to tell him how you feel because it will destroy him, so you bury it deep inside where it destroys you" 

"I have to protect him, I don't want to hurt him" he says 

"You're already hurting him little one" she says walking away, Tao grabs his phone looking at all the missed calls all from Puppy Baek ♥ making him feel even more miserable than before, he is about to press the call but he doesn't feeling how the tears run down his eyes.

Dates can either be this wonderful day where everything seems magical and perfect making couples want to remember the day for the rest of their lives, or can be a disaster when none of them want to remember that day for the rest of their lives. Kris hopes that nothing goes wrong on his first date with Chanyeol, he gets closer to the Park's house starting to get nervous knocking slowly, as Suho opens the door. 

"yes?" 

"I'm here to pick up Chanyeol"

"What? hold on seriously... come inside"he says going to the living room, Kris walks slowly smiling at the Parks the ones nods at him smiling sweetly. 

"Oh Wu ah is been a while, are you staying for dinner?" asks Mrs.Park 

"Hello Mrs & Mr. Park I'm actually here to take Chanyeol ah out" he says 

"of course he told us about that"

"what? shouldn't he ask me for permission too? he no offence.. go out with the empire state here" says Suho looking at Kris the one stands there looking at the Parks and then Suho.

"Suho Stop"says Chanyeol getting out of his room looking stunning as always.

"I want you here at 9:00 pm" says Suho as Chanyeol walks away saying goodbye along Kris 

"Is he dating now?"

"sure" says Mrs.Park making both Suho and Mr. Park turn looking at her

"why wasn't I aware of this?" 

" because you're a drama queen that's why" says Mrs.Park continue to read her book, Kris decides to take Chanyeol to an amusement park and the reaction he gets from the younger is priceless, he looks just like a little kid exited because is the first time he ever goes to an amusement park. 

"let me guess, your first time?" asks Kris finding a parking spot. 

"it is" he says looking at the attractions, such as the roller coasters, Ferris wheels and many other things exited making him shine even more. 

"what did you do to have fun when you were a kid?" asks Kris parking the car as Chanyeol turns looking at him. 

"I've spend the last 18 years with a nose in a book, I love books" he says a little sadly 

"then lets be kids again"

"deal" says Chanyeol running out of the car screaming like a little kid, Kris laughs and follows after getting to the entrance. 

"two please" he says to the girl selling the tickets

"you want the VIP or just normal?"

"whats the difference?"

"it lets you get to a different line more faster than normal"

"Oh my God Hyung get those please" says Chanyeol exited getting inside  saying Woah all the time asking people what is good, while both the girl and Kris look at him. 

"its his first time?"

"you have no idea" says Kris getting inside, Chanyeol ask him to what to do first and they agree to get to the roller coaster. 

"aren't you scared?"asks Kris

"is not that bad right?" he says as they walk towards the VIP line getting the seats in the front side, as the guy explains the rules and procedures if an accident happens or the ride just suddenly stops. 

"since is your first time let me take a picture of you both, such a lovely couple" he says taking a camera as Chanyeol and Kris smile to it, then the ride starts many people starts getting exited as Chanyeol starts to regret it a little. 

"are you scared?" asks Kris noticing the younger a little uneasy 

"Kind of an Irony, I study the height ans precipitation on velocity and I'm scared of a roller coaster"

"then hold my hand, I'll protect you, don't think about it just go with it"says Kris as they get to the top, Chanyeol can see how little people looks grabbing into Kris hand. almost to the point of breaking it.The car goes down making them scream along people when the adrenaline hit him making him actually enjoy the ride wanting him to go again, the guy gives him the picture making the younger smile. 

"keep it" says the elder

"for real" he says exited putting it into his pocket, grabbing the Kris going to every attraction twice laughing like never before, like there was no tomorrow for them making both of them enjoy the date.

"I can't believe I miss all of this" says Chanyeol eating his hamburger with a fork and knife.

"Channie eat it with your hands" says Kris while the younger looks at him grabbing it slowly, but decides to go with the flow. Once they're done decide to keep going so into it that Chanyeol end up hitting his head on the ground from all the running, the nurse puts him a band aid of the galaxy telling him to be careful, and decide to take it slow. 

"lest go to the Ferris wheel"

"okay but after that I'm taking you somewhere else" says the elder wondering how much energy does the younger have because is been hours and he doesn't seem a bit tired, but decides to keep going for the younger because he wants him to have fun, in the Ferris wheel the view is breath talking grabbing Chanyeol's hand smiling to the younger because he is making him feel. The Ferris wheel stop and they go down going to the parking, the road becomes a little silent as Chanyeol looks at the sky wondering where are they going, as they arrive to the beach making the younger smile. 

"do you have any tattoos?" asks Kris 

"no" 

"give me your hand" he says as the younger gives it and Kris turns it looking at his wrist, taking a fake tattoo as Chanyeol wonders what it is.

"look"says Kris once he is done and the younger can clearly read Happiness delight making him smile even wider, getting out of the car flexing a little taking his shoes off walking to the beach feeling the sand on his feet. Kris follows him trying to find sea shells, noticing the sun is about to set, Chanyeol sits in front of the seashore looking at the sun go down. 

"sunsets are the proof that ending can be also beautiful" says Chanyeol 

"what you mean?" ask Kris still finding some good sea shells, walking back and fort. 

"I read it in a book once, it means goodbyes are not always ugly" 

"are you saying goodbye?" 

"never" he says and the sun goes down, letting the stars to shine in the dark, as the waves relax both of them. Kris grabs a stick and writes something next to Chanyeol making the younger turn reading it slowly 1314 (1314: "一生一世" This sounds like "one life, one lifetime" in both Mandarin and Cantonese, and is often used romantically) and Chanyeol decides to add 521 (521/5211314: In Mandarin it is pronounced wu er yi, it sounds similar to wo ai ni. Which means I love you. 1314: also sounds like forever in Cantonese. yut sung yut sei. which means one life one death in literal terms. Therefore, 5211314 means I love you forever.) and Kris smiles at him walking closer, sitting next to him. 

"how did you?" 

"I can speak both Cantonese and Mandarin, Lay my brother fiancee thought me when I was little" says Chanyeol remembering those days when they sit together practicing. 

"is there something you can't do?" asks Kris making the younger think about it looking at the sea. 

"I can't swim, I don't know why. Is kind of funny I have and IQ of 192 , I mastered both Mandarin and Cantonese when I turn 9, I learn to read when I was 2 and I could solve Physics equations when I was 10, but I can't swim I've never been able too" says Chanyeol looking at the little waves touching his feet, as Kris looks at him thinking that nothing can be perfect.

"be mine Park Chanyeol" says Kris 

"But I already am Wu Yifan" he says turning to see the elder making him smile,hugging him feeling the warmth of the younger all over his body. 

"lets get you home" says Kris standing up, and the younger nods standing up as well walking along the elder that puts his arm on his shoulders, going to the car as the road becomes a little awkward but still fun, after a few hours they are at the Parks making the younger start getting ready. 

"thank you for everything, I had so much fun" says Chanyeol 

"Thank you for making me feel " he says Kissing the younger's head the one smiles, breathing slowly getting out peeking the elders cheek and waves at him good bye looking at the elder go, he walks inside the house locking the door at his back, noticing is almost midnight walking slowly to not wake up anyone and when he is about to get to his room a light turns on the living room. 

"I been waiting" says Suho looking at his little brother 

"great" he says walking towards his room 

"wait, I don't think you should be spending time with that Tower. He is making you change look at you, is almost midnight. what happen to your forehead? tell me that is a fake tattoo" he says making Chanyeol stop turning to see his brother.

"I fell..It never worried you that I wasn't out experiencing the world like you did? Hyung I'm 18 years old and I'm just starting to even have a childhood that I didn't have because books consume me, God I didn't even knew what Ice cream tasted like or that you had to eat Burgers with your hands... he is making me realize things and I love it" says Chanyeol as Suho nods standing up going towards his brother. 

"does he know about this?" he asks Suho showing him the letter from Harvard, making the younger feel bitter taking all the happiness out of him. 

"where did you get that?"

"It was in the mail this morning, does the empire state knows?"

"no, and he has a name" says chanyeol grabbing the letter walking towards his room. 

"Then fix this mess before you regret everything you've work all your life just because of a person that will break you" says Suho as Chanyeol opens the door of his room closing it at his back, ripping the letter to pieces walking to his bed taking the picture out of his pocket touching it slowly before closing his eyes. 


Hi, I wanted to say that I'm grateful to all of you that have subscribe to my story it means lots to me so Thank you for that, and also your lovely comments not story time this time awww nothing interesting happens in my life lately but anyways I have you guys right? no? okay I'm going to my corner and cry anyway I hope you guys have a great day and Ill see you later bye bye oh btw leave comments if you want I want to know your opinions ♥ 

Pamyucd♥