14. E = mc 2

3 Meters Above The Sky

2 years later

"The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning" reads Chanyeol in the wall of the little coffee shop Baekhyun told him to meet.Its been quite a while since they saw each other, mostly because Baekhyun moved to New York to rule Byun Inc. From the rumors and news everyone agrees that is been the best two years of the company generating more employment and increasing the economy.Chanyeol drinks his water thinking about everything he has been through with Kris exited because they almost celebrate 3 years together, however Kris is graduating this year leaving him alone, because everyone already graduated but according with the elder nothing will change.

"CHANYEOL!"screams Baekhyun making the younger drop his water making a mess in the table, people turn looking at the young man in a suit walking towards the so called Chanyeol, that tries to clean the mess he just made.Baekhyun gets closer helping him clean the mess, while the younger thanks him.

"Hyung its been ages"he says observing how mature Baekhyun looks now,that he is almost 23 years old but is not about age instead is experience.

"I know come here my toll child"he says opening his arms, Chanyeol smiles at him getting in his embrace hugging each other.

"you haven't change a bit"says Baekhyun letting go of Chanyeol getting seated next to him, the waitress comes asking them what would they like to order.

"Bring me a Coffee with no sugar and lots of low fat milk"says Baekhyun while the younger wonders where did he learn it from, as far as he know Baekhyun just to hate coffee.

"a green tea please with one sugar, thank you"says Chanyeol the waitress nods walking away as Baekhyun looks at his phone smiling like an idiot,Chanyeol can read the contact name reading "Baby Panda ♥♥" there is only one person Baekhyun calls Panda and that's Tao.

"So whats up?"asks Baekhyun leaving his phone on the table.

"Well, Kris Hyung graduates in a week, School is fun but a little lonely since all of you are gone now, the only one that is in school is Kyungsoo Hyung but he is in Canada"says Chanyeol putting

"I know it must be Hard, It wasn't easy to leave either I mean leave everything I knew and move to New York, just crazy but I was able to stay strong along with the person I love, how do you think Kyungsoo is doing?"

"Last time we talked he told me he was really busy and stressed"says Chanyeol

"I can see that"says Baekhyun noticing their orders coming along some cookies, Baekhyun grabs both the cookies as Chanyeol notices a ring on his finger, grabbing his green as well thanking the waitress once again.

"You got married?!"asks Chanyeol making Baekhyun burn his mouth with the hot beverage, making a mess in the table when he let go of the cup, the elder turns with a done face looking at the younger.

"Dude seriously? no I didn't got married after talking about it with Tao we decided not to get married"

"then what about those rings?"

"is a funny story actually" he says as Chanyeol waits patiently for the truth.

*3 months ago*

Baekhyun just got out of a meeting deciding to get a break, before the other one starts. Noticing there is someone on his chair talking over the phone with someone, he gets closer turning the chair finding and smiling Tao more alive than ever. The recovery took almost a year and when the doctor told them that the younger was cancer free both of them cried like never before.

"There is a complication though I'm sorry to inform you that.... you may not be able to have any children" said the doctor making them really sad, and decided to wait a little more and try but if it didn't work then they would adopt, but in sort of a way they where finally relief that they would be together forever, so when he looks at him shining like a diamond there is no doubt.

"I'll call you back Lucy"says Tao hanging the phone looking at Baekhyun the one smiles at him pulling the younger into a make up session leaving them breathless.

"what are your thoughts on Marriage?"asks Baekhyun sitting on his desk grabbing the left hand of the younger tracing little drawings,making Tao giggle.

"I've never thought about it, since my father is getting married for the fort time I don't really give it a thought"says Tao keeping his hand steady. 

"Then least stay like this"

"what you mean?"

"You know how we've been hanging out together and all the time we spend together"says Baekhyun while Tao nods.

"Yeah I know"

"I want to keep doing that till you're dead"says the elder looking at Tao with his moths serious face.

"what?"asks the boy scared

"I want to keep hanging out with you until some of us die,put this ring on your finger so people know we have an arrangement"says Baekhyun getting a ring out of his pocket putting it on the younger's finger.Getting another one to put on his own, telling EunHee to let the man in making Tao even more confused.

"who is that guy?"

"he's a priest, I want you to swear to God you won't back out of this deal"

"this is so estrange why are we doing this?"

"Tax's purposes...I'm kidding this is Frank we have a meeting about the development of a new branch in the company, we are not married but we can keep dating until we die, deal?"

"deal"says Tao pulling the elder into another make out session while the guy awkwardly stands still trying to concentrate in other thing, noticing Eunhee leaving.

"you deal with this every day?"

"yeah not just one time, so good luck"she says walking away, closing the door behind her.

*End*

"Congratulations..I guess"says Chanyeol helping to clean the mess once more.

"Thanks, where is Kris Hyung?" asks the elder finishing with the table asking the waitress if she can bring another Coffee since his is long gone.

"He said he had something to do...where is Tao?"asks Chanyeol drinking his tea, while the waitress brings the new coffee, both of them apologize and thank her.

"at the mall with Kris I believe he said that they where planing something"

"like what?"

"what if is your engagement...what if Hyung ask you to marry you?"says the elder all exited.

"no way"

"really? you two have been together for a long time"

"I know..but I don't think he is, we don't live together yet or anything like that"he says while Baekhyun nods finally drinking his coffee, when a thought comes across his mind.

"wait..YOU MEAN YOU'RE STILL A "Screams Baekhyun making everyone in the coffee shop turn looking at the boys gasping, Chanyeol just wishes earth could swallow him right now.

"be quiet! Hyung..God!"he says

"I apologize I'm sorry"he says making everyone just judge them extra hard,noticing Chanyeol bright red just like a tomato.

"wait are you?"whispers Bakehyun this time

"does it matter?"

"sort of..well do you guys make out?"

"not that much"

"what?"

"When was the last time you make out with Tao hyung?"asks Chanyeol

"an hour ago before coming here" he says making the younger nod, deciding to change the subject, Baekhyun tells him everything that's been going on for the last two years, from explaining how he felt when he was the only one at MiYoung's funeral, to attending Tao's graduation last month.While they laugh with funny jokes and anecdotes, Chanyeol turns to the window, hopping Kris is having fun along Tao.

"Tao Lest stop please my lungs burn"says Kris while the younger still walks around the huge mall,dragging the elder around until his feet hurt and almost passes out.

"But Kris there is many places to go"wines Tao dragging him, Kris drops himself in the ground and Tao grabs his legs trying to move him, but being taller than Tao he ends up giving up.

"Finally"says the elder standing up sitting with his friend that looks annoyed by him.

"oh you can walk now"

"we've been walking for 5 hours"

"fine what ever"says Tao noticing they're close to a coffee shop feeling as if Baekhyun where in a coffee shop too. The boys stand up walking inside finding a place next to the window, the waitress comes asking them what are they ordering.

"I want a Coffee with no sugar and lost of low fat milk"says Tao

"Can I have some green tea with one sugar please and thank you"says Kris, the waitress nods walking away.The boys smile at each other waiting for their orders, while they look around noticing couples and people alone reading the news paper or a book.

"How are you doing?"asks Kris breaking the silence.

"I been better lately since the cancer went away, and I'm focusing in getting back to my normal weight, hows everyone?"he asks leaving his phone on the table.

"Luhan is really busy focusing on writing his second novel,Sehun is doing great in congress and Kai I don't know where he is, he doesn't answer my phone calls since Kyungsoo moved to Canada as far as I know he joined special forces in the Army so I guess he is far"

"I want to see everyone, maybe tonight I'm visiting the Oh's because I have to go back to New York, My new clothing line is coming soon"he says exited making Kris smile.

"I'm proud of you"says Kris while the waitress brings the orders, they thank her and start catching up with their lives.

"I heard you graduate in a week congrats and also that your GPA got higher"says Tao drinking some of his coffee.

"Thanks I'm with someone that is devoted to school so I get some certain things from him"

"why did you came to the mall with me? I thought you hated this place"says Tao looking at the elder that almost chokes with his tea, as he breaths slowly trying to from some coherent words.

"I got an engagement ring from my grandma and I promise to give it to the love of my life, so I want to give it to Chanyeol"he says taking out a little red box out of his pocket putting it on the table, while Tao puts his hands on his mouth and starts to get teary eyed, Kris opens the little box showing the ring.The diamond is in oval shape with little diamonds around it and also around the tin band( I'll put the Image later*).

"Kris..Oh my god....it's beautiful"says Tao as people turn starting to applaud and congratulate them for their "engagement" bringing cake and other things making the boys laugh.

"we are not together, he is already with someone and I'm proposing to the love of my life in a few days"says Kris while Tao smiles showing them his own ring explaining the story, once they're done the elder decides to pay for the drinks.Walking out and Kris decides to search for the store his grandfather buy the ring, praying is around and open.They find it with many difficulties but is there, Kris walks to the counter finding a seller as Tao looks at the watches and some other things.

"what can I help you today?"asks the sellers man while Kris takes out the engagement ring.

"I want to engrave this ring, my grandfather buy it from this store back in China many years ago around the 40's" he says making the sellers man surprised.

"Is the most beautiful thing ever, are they still together?"he asks

"no, my grandfather died a few years later and my grandmother died when I was 12, so it means a lot to me"

"of course I can imagine, what would you like to engrave?"

"I saw galaxies in your eyes" he says while the guy grabs the ring asking him to wait a little, he notices other rings called promise rings.

"what are those?"asks Kris looking at a ring in a shape of a knot.

"is a knot ring,The ring symbolizes a knot that is not quite tied yet, but has all intentions of being tied. A promise ring. which is a promise that you'll be together just not yet, couples like to use them before marriage"says the sellers man asking Kris which method of pay is he going to use, the boy gives him his debit card and ask him if he can give him one of the knot rings.

"what you got there?"asks Tao

"a promise ring"

"Kris, Chanyeol is not going to say no your proposal, is Channie we are talking about"says Tao excusing himself when he gets a phone call from the model agency because of his new clothing line.The sellers man gives him the ring and his card back telling him that his ring will come to his house, Kris thanks him and walks away along with Tao that keeps saying they should go with the orange one since is the latest creation.

"Yeah the red one is for Sunday, don't worry I'll be back tomorrow around 7 am yeah, my bacon has some meeting with an investor from the UK in the morning, so I'll be there thanks Anne"he says hanging the phone.

"You're going back my friend?"asks Kris pulling Tao into a hug.

"I have to, I was great to see you again.You can come visit us in New York some time bring Channie with you" says Tao letting go

"by that time we will be already engaged"he says

"Believe me, Chanyeol will say yes with tears on his eyes, make it epic"says Tao walking alongside Kris getting towards the the parking promising they will be in contact, getting into separated ways.Kris starts thinking in ways to make it especial a night to remember, deciding to call Jongdae for a favor, as the ideas flow.

"you are still a reporter right?"

"yeah, why?"he asks

"I need a favor"he says getting inside his house smiling at Mimi, that has open up a little more as the time goes by. At least she is not on her room all the time anymore.

"that would be perfect thank you"he says hanging the phone, he gets on his computer working on his AP math class looking at the picture of the younger smiling as his wallpaper, remembering it was the day his parents accidentally let him out.

"I can wait to hear you say yes"he mumbles looking at the engagement ring.

Chanyeol notices is time to go and decides to start asking for the bill,the waitress nods bringing the bill.Baekhyun notices and decides to pay, even when Chanyeol tells him not to.

"Hyung!"says Chanyeol mad

"No I invited you, I'm paying"

"No I'm paying"

"No..look is Kris hyung"says Baekhyun making Chanyeol turn and he gives his card to the waitress, the one tries not to laugh at the boys and walks away.

"he is..uh you lied to me"

"Of course, hahaha"laughs the elder, but Chanyeol decides to leave the waitress the Tip, as he searches for his wallet he remembers he has something for Baekhyun. Taking some cookies out of his backpack as he searches for the picture frame, Baekhyun looks at the cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies. He grabs one and gives it a bite noticing they're raising cookies, trying to not spit it out, Chanyeol turns with the frame noticing Baekhyun almost throwing up.

"what happen?are you okay?"asks Chanyeol while Baekhyun swallows the cookie.

"Seriously raising cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason why I have trust issues"says Baekhyun making Chanyeol laugh taking the cookies back to his backpack

"here, for you"he says

"Channie you didn't have to" says Baekhyun grabbing the frame

"Use it when you feel is the most precious memory"says Chanyeol making Baekhyun smile, noticing the hour and that is time to go.Both stand up saying goodbye promising to keep in touch, walking in separated ways Baekhyun gets on his car and Chanyeol gets in a taxi, going in separated ways while Chanyeol thinks about what Baekhyun said.Once home he says hello to his parents, and also Churchill but he remembers the dog is not longer with them Suho took the little Corgi back to China a few years ago,when Her niece Lilly was born now she is 2 and growing, Suho and Lay finally got married mostly because the Parks where pretty demanding it.

"Hows Byun ah?"asks Mr.Park

"The same as always just more busy, are you guys going somewhere?" asks Chanyeol noticing the luggage on the ground.

"Yeah we have a convention in our job, for a week starting today, we left food in the fridge and you can call us anytime"says Mr.Park his son nods, is not the first time Chanyeol is left alone in the house and surely it won't be the last either, Chanyeol gets out his books from his backpack to start studying for his finals and start writing his 10 page essay on the laws of newton.

"I'll be fine don't worry"

"remember the rules, and say hi to Wu ah for us okay"says Mrs.Park, after a long time the Parks to forgive Kris but only because they notice how much the elder cares of Chanyeol and they pull each other to be better.

"I will, should I drive you to the Airport?"

"Of course Channie, Thank you"says Mrs.Park while Chanyeol helps them with their luggage and gives them a ride to the airport.

"Have fun and come back safe"says Mr.Park

"You too"says Chanyeol hugging his parents, and drives back home, that feels lonelier.Deciding to start cooking something, while working on his study guides.When he gets a phone call from Kris making him smile while moving the stew.

"Hello?"he answers tasting the sauce.

"How's the love of my life doing?"asks the elder making Chanyeol blush

"I'm well, how about my Fanfan? I'm cooking and completing my study guides for next weeks finals"

"I'm good thank you, I just got home. I need your help studying some terms can you help me?" asks Kris

"Sure, you can come over"

"Really? Thank you see you then"says Kris hanging the phone as Chanyeol turns off the stove and sits reading a little, the door knock after a few minutes the younger stands up and walks towards it opening to reveal his picture along with Kris on the elder's phone.

"Park Chanyeol, have you see him?"asks Kris in Mandarin making Chanyeol laugh

"He lives next door"answers Chanyeol back in English making Kris laugh, revealing his face while Chanyeol gives him a hug and they get inside, both walk towards the kitchen "It smells good"thinks Kris noticing the table full of books, flashcards and Many notebooks with written notes.

"Are you hungry?"

"Let me give you some food, what you need help with?"asks Chanyeol giving him some food, taking his books out of the table.

"History of the stock market"he says eating along with Chanyeol, falling in love with the taste, losing his focus because the food is really a blessing for him.

"Put the terms in flashcards and I'll help you"says Chanyeol finishing his problem on kinetic energy, Kris starts writing the terms along with the definitions, studying them like crazy, When Chanyeol ends with his study guide he grabs Kris flashcards looking at the terms slowly.

"If you get them right I'll rewards you"says Chanyeol smiling at Kris.

"Really?"asks Kris with a mischievous smile.

"don't get your hopes up"

"Fine..hit me"says Kris as Chanyeol puts the first one up and as if a switch went up he remembers the definition, over and over he gets them correct maybe because he really wants that price.

"I'm impressed"says Chanyeol giving the flascards back to Kris, the one smirks at him.

"I really want that reward"he says as Chanyeol smiles standing up sitting on Kris leg's making the elder surprised, and Chanyeol grabs his face kissing him on the lips but is different somehow more passionate them other kisses they normally have,most of them are not even on the lips so right now Kris is really take aback by the actions of Chanyeol, the kiss transforms into a make out session.The younger pulls back breathing once again, Kris moves forward wanting more from those soft and sweet lips.

"Time to go home"says Chanyeol standing up

"You're such a tease you know"says Kris making the younger laugh.

"You want to take some food?"asks Chanyeol

"yes please, I'll bring the topper wear later.where is everyone?"

"my parents are out"says Chanyeol giving him food, While Kris helps him clean the kitchen.Imagining them living together, wanting to kneel right at that moment but he doesn't, he already has the Parks blessing anyway, so he just needs the answer and the ring.

"Thank you for helping me"says Chanyeol once they finish with the cleaning, both of them walk to the door where Kris kisses Chanyeol's forehead and gets on his car driving home, Chanyeol closes the door smiling for his achievement getting to his room laying on bed until he falls asleep.

A few days later the engagement ring arrives to the Wu residence making Kris really exited because he can finally pull the engagement plan.

"Its so beautiful, Grandpa had taste"says Mimi smiling at Kris the one nods

"He sure did, I hope everything goes according to the plan"he says thinking in everything that will happen today making sure to call everyone.

"he will be surely surprised"says Mimi

"I know"says Kris getting ready calling Jongdae and Chanyeol's last hour teacher, Kris says Goodbye to Mimi the one wishes him luck. He gets in his car making sure to bring the most important part, the ring.

"Yeah but a lighting is hotter than the sun's surface so it doesn't make sense"says Chanyeol looking at the problem in the whiteboard that his last hour teacher decided to give the class as a team assignment.

"It must be the speed then"says one of the classmates

"it looks backwards to me"says one of the classmates while everyone turns their heads and they figure it out, applauding to the girl that told them the problem was backwards making her smile and earn extra credit on the next assignment, the bell rings and everyone start going away.

"great work today class,Mr.Park may I have a word with you?" asks Professor Kim making the boy stop packing his stuff looking at everyone go saying they have done an incredible job, while Professor Kim turns on the T.V Chanyeol look at Jongdae giving a report on the investigation of the murder of one of the most respected doctor in the country.

"he has grown a lot"he says turning to the professor

"I know, I need your help grading some test for my other class can you help me?"he asks giving Chanyeol abut 10 test, the younger smiles sitting on his desk while the T.V is still on, Chanyeol cheeks the answers putting an smiley face ☺☻ on the 100% and you can do it, keep fighting on those lower than 60% when the news catches his attention.

"we've been informed that there was an accident on SM town right now, apparently a fight started and someone got really hurt according to the paramedics the person identified was Wu yifan on other news the income taxes will increase a 1.2% this year"says Jongdae making Chanyeol drop his pen, getting really scared when he hears the police outside.

"That's my boyfriend"he says standing up

"Go with him, I'll finish the test be careful"says professor Kim making Chanyeol run towards the exit, while he Calls Kris telling him that Chanyeol is coming, he starts getting ready, the younger runs towards the "scene" almost in the verge of tears because he pictured the worst case scenario.Noticing many reporters but when he gets in the center there is no one making Chanyeol wonder what is going on.

"there he is the love of my life"says Kris making Chanyeol turn noticing the elder in a tuxedo taking him aback, while the reporters take many pictures.The flash makes Chanyeol eyes hurt.

"what is going on?"he asks trying to focus

"please stop taking pictures"says Kris walking closer, Chanyeol freezes on the spot like an scared deer Kris gets close enough to grab Chanyeol's hand smiling peacefully.

"there is 1 universe,8 planets,202 countries,808 islands; 7seas,7 billion people and my heart still tells me it's you Park Chanyeol, you bring out the best of me. I don't mean better manners, or sense of maturity, or what ever else this tired world expects of me. I mean you make me want to climb roofs, run wild and act inappropriately, take risks and pursue my dreams with passion and integrity around you I start living, so in front of everyone.."says Kris getting down in one knee as Chanyeol starts crying.

"Marry me, lets spend our wee nights eating cereal on the floor when there is a perfectly fine table behind us.We can go to the movies and sit on the back row just to make out like kids falling in love for the first time.Marry me, we'll paint the rooms of our house and get more paint in us that the walls, we can hold hands and go to parties ending up ditching to drink wine out of the bottle in the bathtub.Marry me and slow dance with me in out bedroom with and unmade bed and candles on the night stand.Let me love you forever Park Chanyeol...so will you marry me?" asks Kris opening the little box as the ring shines, as much as Chanyeol's eyes because of the flashes of the cameras, the reporters look the crying mess Chanyeol is as he looks at Kris smiling at him.

"...."

*The ring*


Hello I know I so much wait to leave it on a cliffhanger, but I want to make it fun so I want you guys to tell or vote on which would be Chanyeol's answer, please lets make it fun for the birthday boy I know it was yesterday but still Channie is my bias okay! anyways I hope you guys liked this chapter it was pretty interesting to write.Lave comments if you want and also have a great day/night bye bye~

option A) Yes!

Option B) No

Option C) Let me think about it

Option D) Chogi wa

Love always Pamyucd♥

~ source Tumblr ♥